Spurs new Stadium

Looking at that new Spurs Stadium and all aspects and amenities etc I wonder if our magic weekend could fill it ? Would it attract our fans down there because of it being ultra modern ? Just a thought 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

An amazing ground, been there for both test events & going tonight for league game. No bad seats, plenty of food outlets with great variety also. Brewery on site & good beer also, not just the usual rubbish! Choice of grass & Astro also! Grass pitch slides over Astro. Only 20 mins from main London br stations. Perfect for magic weekend, only a mile or so from skolars ground in white hart lane

Perfect stadium for an all day event like the Magic Weekend. The in house facilities are like nothing i’ve seen inside a stadium.

Fans would be more likely to stay and take in the majority of the games. 

17 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Looking at that new Spurs Stadium and all aspects and amenities etc I wonder if our magic weekend could fill it ? Would it attract our fans down there because of it being ultra modern ? Just a thought 

ultra modern is a turn off for me, can u change ends at half time and tell one of the stewards your just nipping back to the car for your coat cos its dropped a bit? then he looks out for you coming back and pulls the gate open a bit to get back in ?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

ultra modern is a turn off for me, can u change ends at half time and tell one of the stewards your just nipping back to the car for your coat cos its dropped a bit? then he looks out for you coming back and pulls the gate open a bit to get back in ?

Your main grievance against modern stadia is that you are worried what you will do if you forget your coat!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Your main grievance against modern stadia is that you are worried what you will do if you forget your coat!

no- if theres a change in temp and I have made the wrong decision to leave it in the car- totally different

It's London so it's gonna be dead expensive, inside and outside the ground. Also there are no direct trains anywhere near, so anyone travelling from up north would be a few hours into Euston and then the best part of an hour back out to get there. 

And it's in the biggest dump of an area you can imagine, I say that and I live about 4 miles away. There is nothing in the immediate area unless being stabbed is your idea of entertainment, so you'd be back on public transport after the game to find a decent boozer.

Saw the news clip Parra's new stadium...   looks like a proper decent place to watch a game of RL.   Is Spurs' new ground a bit of a 'cauldron' in design or just modern?   For me it's all about the electric atmosphere, which is why OT unfortunately beats Wembley for a live experience (although Wembley on a sunny day is more enjoyable to watch on TV).

sorry guys, the best days of my life were spent at traditional venues for rl- before long you will have to download an app 3 weeks in advance if you might need a pees at ht 

12 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

sorry guys, the best days of my life were spent at traditional venues for rl- before long you will have to download an app 3 weeks in advance if you might need a pees at ht 

Some of the best days of my life were spent in traditional Rugby League venues as well.  The days and nights I spent on the terraces of Central Park are some of my happiest and fondest memories.

But life is about change.  Stopping yourself from seeing the value of modern stadia and enjoying the occasions they offer just because you have fond memories created in years past seems oddly self defeating.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

43 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

It's London so it's gonna be dead expensive, inside and outside the ground. Also there are no direct trains anywhere near, so anyone travelling from up north would be a few hours into Euston and then the best part of an hour back out to get there. 

And it's in the biggest dump of an area you can imagine, I say that and I live about 4 miles away. There is nothing in the immediate area unless being stabbed is your idea of entertainment, so you'd be back on public transport after the game to find a decent boozer.

On the BBC live football updates tonight there is a picture of the beer prices. Actually really reasonable for any sports venue, let alone one like that.

1 hour ago, Hughsehhh said:

Have you thought about getting a job for the local tourist board?

1 hour ago, londonrlfan said:

There isn't really anything in the local area though, other than pubs. If there is space around the stadium for a fan village, it could work. 

For a lot of people, pubs and the ability to drink copious seems to be the priority.  Not saying that's good or bad but seems to be the main concern of many... say as distinct as to the priority being something like what's  the best for a family weekend including watching the rugby....i.e. the fan village

3 hours ago, MZH said:

On the BBC live football updates tonight there is a picture of the beer prices. Actually really reasonable for any sports venue, let alone one like that.

Saw a video about the new ground last week and was amazed at how reasonable the beavertown beers were!

They’ve taken things to the next level in terms of fan experience. The stadium even has its own brewery, that would be seriously popular with UK RL fans.

This is not just another soulless modern facility, they’ve put the fans and the atmosphere first in every possible way. 

I heard that also, they originate from Southgate, about 5 miles away, also harlequins match instead of London (Olympic) soulless stadium. Grass pitch slides out in 25 mins, so can play on Astro or grass!

Archived