Fri 5th April : SL : Wakefield Trinity v Huddersfield Giants KO 7:45 pm

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

Discuss Wakefield Trinity v Huddersfield Giants here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Tough to call.

Wakey strong @ home & Giants finding a bit of grunt & form.

A win for Wakey and they open up a little gap to the middle & bottom teams as where a win for the Giants will again push them further up the table.

Giants win by 6pts.

This could be a game that shows if Wakey or Hudds will be top 5 contenders 

Giants still missing a few players, but Wakey with a big blow losing Topou. 

It'll be interesting to see if Brough holds his head, especially if it ends up a close game 

I have a feeling Giants will come out on top in this one. I can't see either quite making the top five  come the end of the season. I thought Wakey might have a chance at the start of the season if they were lucky enough not to suffer too many injuries but I fear they'll drop points without Johnstone/Tupou.

Wakefield 20 - 24 Huddersfield. Brough to have a stinker.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Does anyone have a link to this tackle on Tupou last week?  Chester far from happy.

I dont have the link but it was one of them where the tackle was complete, Tupou on his back and the defender running back to the line just grabs his leg and rags it up in the air when hes trying to stand up, on his way back to the defensive line.

Didnt even get a penalty.

Wakey by 10

4 hours ago, Ant said:

This could be a game that shows if Wakey or Hudds will be top 5 contenders 

Giants still missing a few players, but Wakey with a big blow losing Topou. 

It'll be interesting to see if Brough holds his head, especially if it ends up a close game 

Bit extreme, don't think it does that at all I think you're grasping at straws.

Giants by 10 as I told the Legend on twitter - bet him a fish supper at Wetherby whaler york.

Hes not answered but. I guess that will change if Wakey win eh?

Giants have a settled side, the forwards are actually running fast and hard and seem to be up to speed. Only word of caution is the London match they lost the last quarter and Wakey are fit enough with a touch more skill to make that count if they get a roll on.

Jordan Turner to get a hat trick - mans on fire at the moment.

18 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

This is the game I least look forward to every season and we always seem to let ourselves down performance wise.

Up the Trin 

Very true, would like to think home advantage would see us through for the win but you never know. Trinity by 4?

David Fifita awesome tonight, first try was outstanding. He ended up running through to be one on one with the full back and you thought this isn’t going to end well..luckily for him , big Dave ran round him to score. Baffling decisions by the referee at times including Huddersfield throwing the ball at a Wakefield player in the ruck and getting a penalty and Ryan Hampshire chipping over, then getting knocked over with a barge from a giant and ref said play on...

f3gms4.jpg

21 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

David Fifita awesome tonight, first try was outstanding. He ended up running through to be one on one with the full back and you thought this isn’t going to end well..luckily for him , big Dave ran round him to score. Baffling decisions by the referee at times including Huddersfield throwing the ball at a Wakefield player in the ruck and getting a penalty and Ryan Hampshire chipping over, then getting knocked over with a barge from a giant and ref said play on...

My fave was a wakefield kick through that a Hudds player kicked into touch - Hudds get put in, baffling.

4 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

My fave was a wakefield kick through that a Hudds player kicked into touch - Hudds get put in, baffling.

Agreed...some very odd decisions that left me questioning my understanding of the rules sometimes! 

Another massive performance from Fifita. Took us up a level just when we needed it. 

Leeming pelting it straight into Crowther’s face to get the penalty when he was on all fours was a bit of a low blow. Who was he passing to...the 3ft winger?! 

13 minutes ago, Curly perm said:

Leeming pelting it straight into Crowther’s face to get the penalty when he was on all fours was a bit of a low blow. Who was he passing to...the 3ft winger?! 

We had this stunt a few weeks back when Sam Tomkins deliberately threw the ball at Kallum Watkins.  

I thought we were lucky to go in only 10-4 down at half time.  2nd half a completely different kettle of fish with Shudds under the cosh throughout.  Needed the big fella to finally convert the pressure into points and the little fella to put the cherry on top.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

There was a air of inevitability around once the scores got to 16-16, that it would be decided by a Broughy drop goal!

I thought it was a good game, a good arm wrestle, the game swung one way then another and then another way again.

Wakey had the better of the first quarter, then we had a 10-15 minute spell where we blitzed them, Fifita was being kept quiet and without him , Wakey had no real go forward, i was a bit disappointed at half time as i thought we'd done enough to be more than 6 points ahead, i was a bit nervous for the 2nd half.

And it proved, Fifita came on for his 2nd spell and completely blew us to pieces, we just couldn't handle him, he was Wakefield's only real weapon without John Stone and Tupou and we had no way of containing him, we couldn't get much go forward ourselves couldn't get into a position for a DG either, and the game became a stalemate until Fifita came back on.

Still, not too disappointed, we ran one of the best teams in the world close and on another day could have won it, and had 4 lads who were playing academy last year in the 17.

Good support as well, considering we apparently only take 50 fans there, compared to Wakefield's thousands.

12 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

11 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

11 hours ago, Curly perm said:

Agreed...some very odd decisions that left me questioning my understanding of the rules sometimes! 

Another massive performance from Fifita. Took us up a level just when we needed it. 

He was very frustrating at times, the Leeming one was ridiculous, i hate to see that in a game, but unfortunately until the powers that be put a stop to it and stop penalising players that are trapped in the ruck it will continue.

I agree about the Jowitt one as well, i thought it was a clear as day penalty, but it wasn't all one way, there was a knock on given against English that was clearly a 2on1 strip, there was a 1on1 strip by Leeming which was penalised, there was a clear high shot on Leeming that was ignored and another on Hewitt which saw him walk off groggy.

The ref didn't influence the outcome, but he was poor, i am loathe to slaughter officials but , like players sometimes do, he jsut had a bad game last night.

On 06/04/2019 at 10:47, meast said:

Good support as well, considering we apparently only take 50 fans there, compared to Wakefield's thousands.

It was a poor turnout from Hudds in comparison to previous years IMO. Wouldn't say 400-500 was great considering the distance. 

Archived