Fri 5th April : SL : Warrington Wolves v London Broncos KO 7.45 pm

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

Discuss Warrington Wolves v London Broncos here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

26 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

its going to be a shalacking

Don't be daft, when was the last time Wire pasted anybody?

Oh, wait a minute...:sad:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Unlike my team London will give it their all. Hopefully a good close game.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

41 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Well done to wire marketing team selling two thousand tickets to school children ,crowd will be over ten thousand .

Yes, great initiative. Would have been good on a Saturday / Sunday, but a great effort and hopefully an initiative we build on year on year.

5 minutes ago, Alffi 7 said:

Yes, great initiative. Would have been good on a Saturday / Sunday, but a great effort and hopefully an initiative we build on year on year.

Were they sold or freebies?   Hopefully they’ve also been targeting non-RL areas outside the town too.

I know the club have recognised that the core supporter base is ageing so this is good news if we can capture the hearts of new kids and hopefully their parents too... ?

29 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Were they sold or freebies?   Hopefully they’ve also been targeting non-RL areas outside the town too.

I know the club have recognised that the core supporter base is ageing so this is good news if we can capture the hearts of new kids and hopefully their parents too... ?

The event has been branded ‘schools day.’

Schools had to register with the club to be part of it, then tickets were sold child £1 adults £5 I believe for the otherwise empty West stand. I’m not sure whether schools outside the Warrington area were targeted or not TBH. You weren’t allowed the cheap tickets unless they were bought through a registered school.

I think they also went in to schools and helped with school projects  Such as school children performing back office duties such as marketing/media/entertainment etc around the event and competitions such as being the stadium announcer for the day.

24 minutes ago, Alffi 7 said:

I’m not sure whether schools outside the Warrington area were targeted or not TBH. You weren’t allowed the cheap tickets unless they were bought through a registered school.

Cheers.

It would be nice to think they’d got as far as Lymm, Frodsham and Northwich etc but I think that’s wishful thinking.

My ex-girlfriend years ago was from from mid-Cheshire and there were quite a few Widnes fans that way as a hangover from the industrial days when ICI had a presence in Northwich.   I even used to go with her family in the boardroom after a Widnes match (post SL split when they were in the lower divisions)...   needless to say the relationship didn’t last due to cultural differences ?... oh and maybe also the fact that I cheered every time the opposition scored ?

Broncos fans - Reasons to be positive

• No-one gives the Broncos any chance at Warrington so no pressure
  • Warrington could well be over confident
  • Steve Price will want to rest Chris Jones and Blake Austin for the Easter Programme
  • And If Warrington build a lead early on both may come off earlier than normal
  • Tiger.. Tiger.. London could should have worked on defence most of the week
  • As was the case at Wakefield. Warrington can clock off giving the opposition a glimmer of hope
  • If they are within two scores going into the last 10 minutes then the Warrington crowd may get anxious..
  • As The London Phamtom ghosts in from the wing in open play to first cut the deficit then level the scores
  • If they can get close they can literally take it to the Wire....

No ppoibnt in London resting players here because - remember Garry Mercer, who did this when Castleford went to Leeds ending up the Tigers conceding a stack of points which meant rather than a damage limitation exercise the points differential blew out .

Stay Positive

Warrington by 25.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Broncos fans - Reasons to be positive

• No-one gives the Broncos any chance at Warrington so no pressure
  • Warrington could well be over confident
  • Steve Price will want to rest Chris Jones and Blake Austin for the Easter Programme
  • And If Warrington build a lead early on both may come off earlier than normal
  • Tiger.. Tiger.. London could should have worked on defence most of the week
  • As was the case at Wakefield. Warrington can clock off giving the opposition a glimmer of hope
  • If they are within two scores going into the last 10 minutes then the Warrington crowd may get anxious..
  • As The London Phamtom ghosts in from the wing in open play to first cut the deficit then level the scores
  • If they can get close they can literally take it to the Wire....

No ppoibnt in London resting players here because - remember Garry Mercer, who did this when Castleford went to Leeds ending up the Tigers conceding a stack of points which meant rather than a damage limitation exercise the points differential blew out .

Stay Positive

Warrington by 25.

I'll have a half pint of what he's had please, barman. 

9 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Who? 

Does the union coverage on Five Live..?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I expect us to win, but even a modest analysis of our results over the last 18 months shows that the only team we ever really batter is Hull FC - we tend to make hard work of games like this. We will score a few and concede a few too, I will say 36-18 to us.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

This could be a season defining game for the Broncos. The Wire are on fire at the moment whilst the Londoners have lost the last two, albeit fairly narrowly. London are punching above their weight, and playing with real ticker, and to stay up they need to continue in that vein so a right royal hammering could see confidence start to slip at a pivotal time. Their next three games are all winnable if firing on all cylinders, Catalan (h), Huddersfield (a) and Salford (h). Zero points would be a crisis, four or even six would worry other clubs around them in the ladder. 

Archived