Fri 5th April : SL : Warrington Wolves v London Broncos KO 7.45 pm

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

11,000 tickets now sold for game, finally Warrington employ some proper marketing people. If they had done this after the Challenge cup triumphs they would be in a far better position. 

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

11,000 tickets now sold for game, finally Warrington employ some proper marketing people. If they had done this after the Challenge cup triumphs they would be in a far better position. 

So true... 

18 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Who? 

Titter ye not people one day you too will be aged and late at night thinking you know the face but not the name Warrington Forward , came from Leigh, balding ah... Chris something .. Chris Hill no Chris Jones. Of course it's Chris Hill but intrigued to know some posters avidly follow Rugby Union Correspondents...

Seriously if you have watched London this year the team has never given up in adversity, even in the dying embers of a lost cause against Hudersfield they were trying a wide to west movement to the final hooter. London have often been ahead in matches at the half but lose it in a mad 20 minutes when they concede a shedload, then the game gets back on an even keel. If they could play the full 80 they can surprise you.

This is not a repeat of 2014, and even if the Broncos don't win this game it will not be the cakewalk for Warrington some on here think.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

21 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Cheers.

It would be nice to think they’d got as far as Lymm, Frodsham and Northwich etc but I think that’s wishful thinking.

They have certainly got as far as Lymm, my mate is taking his mrs and 2 kids - got their tickets from a Lymm primary school. On the other hand, didn’t see my sons school in Grappenhall advertising it despite me emailing them about it.

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Titter ye not people one day you too will be aged and late at night thinking you know the face but not the name Warrington Forward , came from Leigh, balding ah... Chris something .. Chris Hill no Chris Jones. Of course it's Chris Hill but intrigued to know some posters avidly follow Rugby Union Correspondents...

Seriously if you have watched London this year the team has never given up in adversity, even in the dying embers of a lost cause against Hudersfield they were trying a wide to west movement to the final hooter. London have often been ahead in matches at the half but lose it in a mad 20 minutes when they concede a shedload, then the game gets back on an even keel. If they could play the full 80 they can surprise you.

This is not a repeat of 2014, and even if the Broncos don't win this game it will not be the cakewalk for Warrington some on here think.

RR that was an introduction that had a very Ray McCooneyesque feel to it.  Good work.

Tonight's score is going to make for painful reading. If London manage to leave with less than a 25-30 point loss they will have performed at expectations, assuming there hasn’t been huge squad rotation. 

Sadly I think it’s more pain heaped on the Broncos, I hope for no injuries and expect a scoreline around 46-8. 

Great effort from London but superb defence from the Wire. Not enough creativity to unlock the defence. 

Trying to take some positivity out of this, there are three sides I have seen live and on TV that are a cut aboe the rest and that's St Helens, Castleford and Warrington so a 48-12 Loss while not surprising is a dissapointment in the sense that, looking at the twitter feed, the Broncos had a a chunk of posession but no cutting edge and when they did get back to 20-6 they then have the mad 10 leaking 3 tries in 10 minutes. a 16 point swing in the game.

It's depressingly familiar in the sense that you cannot clock off at this level as a class side will punish you which is what has happened. London now have a must win game against Halifax, its not about a cup run, its about winning and getting back into the habit of winning pronto.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Attendance - 11,718. Very good indeed.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Its eeally positive to see some tangible results from the off field efforts. That is a very good crowd. 

I know we have a few naysayers around marketing, but people do it for a reason.

Nice to see a club investing on and off the field.

9 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Attendance - 11,718. Very good indeed.

I'd say that is outstanding. Well done wire

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

59 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Any wire fans know what Akuola has done to upset Price, again no place and BMM only played in the 2nd half, so Akuola deserves a run out. 

I think it's clear he doesn't feature in Price's plans for the future.   I don't think there is any bad blood there, just that Price has an extremely deep squad from which to choose and he knows exactly what sort of player he wants out there.   Akauola wasn't one of Price's signings and although he had some good impact performances last year he also had some poor ones.   He may get his chance later on when injuries start to have an effect on the squad.

Also interesting last night that we rested Austin early and fiddled around with the team a bit - Charnley got some time at full-back and Livett partnered Patton in the halves.   I was worried we may struggle to keep the attack flowing but sticking to that same structure we didn't see a drop-off, just a shift in focus to getting the ball out wide...   I hope we continue to improve as we look the hottest we have done since 2011-13 - the energy and intensity is fantastic so I'm not sure whether Ade Gardner has had a say in that or whether it's just a psychological effect from having x-factor players like Austin in the squad?   Maybe the highlights make the play look faster than it really is but I'm finding this season more entertaining than recent years even when I'm a neutral viewer:

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/warrington-vs-london/report/50421

36 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

I do wonder if he is a victim of the reduced interchange rule.

He's been playing long minutes for Rochdale, so I don't think thats the problem, also BMM played only in the 2nd half and Tasi plays short spells. Just think with easter coming up it was the perfect game to give him a run. 

Archived