1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cheshire Setter said:

Thanks for that.   Now I have the shamen playing tunes in my head ?

Isa good, Isa good etc.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

If you haven't been entertained by this, maybe you should face up to the possibility that you are a miserable old fun-sponge whose first name is Ebeneezer.

it's been an excellent game, not many sports have as much action and barely having time to catch your breath both as a speccie and as a participant.

Good game, Wigan ran out of troops and Cas got back their mojo in the second half.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Now let's allow our heart-rates to slow a bit. What a match!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If you haven't been entertained by this, maybe you should face up to the possibility that you are a miserable old fun-sponge whose first name is Ebeneezer.

You've nowt to worry about there.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

With Escare on the outer, who else at Wigan can kick conversions apart from Hardaker? It has hurt them before, and may be a weakness this season too.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

With Escare on the outer, who else at Wigan can kick conversions apart from Hardaker? It has hurt them before, and may be a weakness this season too.

The biggest weakness is our lack of good forwards and clueless half backs. After Sammut and Greenwood went off injured we had nothing to offer.

Cas hit the start of that second half with real grunt up the middle which got them rolling and Wigan never really got a grip on it or much of a foothold to counter . Guys like Clark and Cook set a top platform 

Just now, andyscoot said:

Hard to take after that dominant first half but we'll done Cas. Didn't help losing 2 major players but Cas were good for the win.

Wigan gave away soft tries on their own line.  Too naive?    They allowed Cas to make too much easy yardage. OK the pack gave a lot of effort but it was very inexperienced and Wigan did not play the simple yardage game themselves. Possibly because the 7 was out injured.

Now again of course they are going to be missing a good nr 7 for a few more weeks.  I do not see Wigan getting settled for all the rest of the season.  The other issue is that the left edge is starved of the ball.

well what a difference a week makes - our forwards were absolutely immense

so so chuffed right now

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Genuine Lolz at Phil Clark 

He called it almost right, Wigan backs crucified Cas first half, Cas forwards crucified Wigan second half,  could have gone either way in those last few minutes.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived