Fri 5th April : SL : Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 7:45pm TV

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

"It was a game of two halves, Brian. First we were over the moon, but then we were as sick as a parrot"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me that thought Hardaker didn't look arsed in the slightest during his post match interview? (hy they gave him airtime is beyond me but that's by the by)

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

2 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Is it just me that thought Hardaker didn't look arsed in the slightest during his post match interview? (hy they gave him airtime is beyond me but that's by the by)

He was the most cheerful person they interviewed, it was slightly bizarre.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

He hasn't looked arsed all season.

Those of us that didn't want him at the club I suspect will be proven right.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, snapski said:

Ah yes. Injuries indeed.

indeed - good job we only had 9 out and didn't use one of our subs!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

25 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

well what a difference a week makes - our forwards were absolutely immense

so so chuffed right now

We deserved a draw last week. Superb that last 20 minutes. Leeds never left their half. Doing it tough and grinding results.

4 minutes ago, snapski said:

We deserved a draw last week. Superb that last 20 minutes. Leeds never left their half. Doing it tough and grinding results.

you didn't deserve a draw because you didn't get a draw, you lost in the time allotted to get a result. No team deserves anything, you have to earn it and Cas like all other teams at some point didn't earn it.

10 minutes ago, snapski said:

Ah yes. Injuries indeed.

Wigan's problem with injuries was during the game, both teams had lots of players out from the start. Losing Sammut lost us our  best long kicker and losing Greenwood lost us our best forward on the field and really restricted our replacement options.

Cas used their subs very well bringing them on at the best times to inflict maximum damage, against Wigan players in the pack who were playing extended minutes.

Injuries happen during games, that is the nature of the game, they can have a detrimental affect on your team, but that is the nature of a high intensity, high impact, collision sport.

That said losing a key player during a game is no different to a key player having an off day, it may reduce performance of the team and could affect the result, but isn't that why we turn up expecting, the unexpected.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Missed the last 20 or so mins of the game, so missed most of the Cas comeback. But you can't have a three try lead going into the second half and get beat. That's appalling, though sadly quite common now among a lot of teams in SL.

Losing a couple of players to injury and then falling apart says a lot about where Wigan are currently as a playing group.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

Losing a couple of players to injury and then falling apart says a lot about where Wigan are currently as a playing group.

It says more about Cas's resilience than anything about Wigan, resilience they showed last week also. 

During a game there are the possibilities of substitutions and replacements, when you make substitutions it affects how you can use your replacements.

Just think it through.

3 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Wigan are woeful. Call me bias but they’re terrible. To throw that lead away is unforgivable, really. 

You are so biased your opinion counts for nothing.

NEXT!!!

6 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

The same could be said for yourself to be fair 

Example as bad as his?

Ahead of the game I expected Cas to win given the two teams. Both had plenty missing but Wigan's losses were pretty much all in the forwards, whereas Cas could at least boast a strong starting pack.

The first half gave me hope. Wigan were able to bypass an arm wrestle by going wide and exposing some weak defending out wide. That took the pressure off the middles. Greenwood provided a good attacking threat on the fringes which is why losing him really seemed to push the game in Cas's favour.

There was always a fear that the forwards that Cas had would get on a roll and finally put Wigan under pressure and when that did happen the dam pretty much broke. I agreed with Lam's assessment that we probably needed a few more experienced players in the pack. Navarrete and Bullock are regulars but not key experienced players and crucially they have their defensive frailties. Tautai is way off form and Isa is just there to play wherever he's needed. The biggest miss for Wigan was Ben Flower. Against Catalans when our young forwards came on after around 25-30 minutes Flower was brought on at the same time. He dealt with the likes of Bousquet and Kasiano brilliantly and the youngsters flourished. Without him tonight they struggled and Cas were able to get back into the game before half time. Those points proved to be crucial.

Cas showed great resilience to come back and it's impressive how they can still cause problems with so many playmakers out. Once their pack took control it was pretty much game over because Wigan had no answer to it.

The injuries during the game also didn't help. Sammut was playing well and his injury forced Leuluai to play the full 80 down the middle and it weakened our defence out wide when Shorrocks moved there. Greenwood's injury removed our most dangerous attacking threat while Manfredi going off was just horrible to see given what he's been through. Not too disappointed with the result. It's better than I expected although losing after getting such a good early lead is a kicker. The biggest concern is trying to bounce back with more injury issues, on top of the loss of Hamlin, which is making the squad look thin in terms of real quality.

Archived