Leeds Rhinos at Derwent Park

Fantastic day training with Leeds rhinos at Derwent Park with foundation staff and town players Jamie Doran and Karl olstrom! Some very good drills and an enjoyable day all round for the kids. Great for koni hurell cameron smith and co come down to meet the kids nd raise awareness of the game in west Cumbria! Hopefully more of these days can be organised to raise the profile and provide am enjoyable day for the kids thanks Leeds rhinos ??

Up The Town ⭕⚪ 

Great stuff, makes sense for them to start researching early.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I know Wigan often do summer camps etc in Cumbria too. Cumbria is one of the games heartlands and it's important that Super League clubs and the RFL help the game there. This is especially so in the absence of any Cumbrian Super League representation.

Great article just been on BBC Look North about this as well as mentioning the Challenge Cup game, showed clips of the kids training as well as talking to Leon Pryce, Jamie Doran, Gary Hetherington and Konrad Hurrell

Great bit of publicity for Town, Leeds and the game in general

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

9 hours ago, cookey said:

By the way,I see that Workington football club are in danger of relegation.Would this affect redevelopment of the ground? Any update?

Not sure about the current situation but Workington soccer club used to have a completely different stadium - are they now sharing with Town?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

26 minutes ago, Bulliac said:

Not sure about the current situation but Workington soccer club used to have a completely different stadium - are they now sharing with Town?

No the council are proposing to build a new stadium on the site of Workington Reds' ground which would then be shared by Reds and Town, at the moment they are each in their own grounds. 

The plans for the new stadium have been 'called in' for a second time

https://www.timesandstar.co.uk/news/17559416.workington-stadium-plans-called-in-for-second-time/

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

There are a number of local councillors who want to stop the development at all  costs, regardless of the benefits to the area. They are unable to see past their own noses. They know time scales are tight and will try every obstruction. The main obstructionist is an ex UKIP snowflake. The upcoming local elections will have a big influence on the project

On 12/04/2019 at 17:58, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

No the council are proposing to build a new stadium on the site of Workington Reds' ground which would then be shared by Reds and Town, at the moment they are each in their own grounds. 

The plans for the new stadium have been 'called in' for a second time

https://www.timesandstar.co.uk/news/17559416.workington-stadium-plans-called-in-for-second-time/

We had our plans "called in" a few years back and then they just fell apart. I hope you have better luck?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

7 hours ago, Bulliac said:

We had our plans "called in" a few years back and then they just fell apart. I hope you have better luck?

Cheers mate need all the support we can get ??

Archived