Match Thread: Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers (Challenge Cup) Sunday 14th April 2019

1 minute ago, fairfolly said:

Michael Bates, who was the man Bradford flew half way round the world to play #### half.As far as I am aware Bradford only have three overseas players, a winger or centre Hitchcox,a centre Webster both all the way from Castleford,Chisholm a half back. Neither Hitchcox or Chisholm have played for weeks,neither played Sunday.The two half backs were Milnes from Bradford and of course Lilley all the way from Stanningley and the last time I looked that was in the Leeds area.Maybe you class that as the other side of the world.

Jesus H Arkwright...... talk about looking at a stick for twenty mins and still picking up the wrong end....????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Robin, do not understand your reply,I am after all an old age pensioner,I was only replying to an earlier poster who said he was at the match.I just queried who was the half back who Bradford flew half the way round the world and was outclassed by a prop forward apparently Bussey from Featherstone.Maybe you can enlighten me who that half back was.

11 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Michael Bates, who was the man Bradford flew half way round the world to play #### half.As far as I am aware Bradford only have three overseas players, a winger or centre Hitchcox,a centre Webster both all the way from Castleford,Chisholm a half back. Neither Hitchcox or Chisholm have played for weeks,neither played Sunday.The two half backs were Milnes from Bradford and of course Lilley all the way from Stanningley and the last time I looked that was in the Leeds area.Maybe you class that as the other side of the world.

what a stupid comment MB was comparing bussey with watson boas who FEV flew half way round the world no FEV fan has mentioned Bradford

Ah Robin and P.O.R. I see your point now,still can not understand how you can outplay somebody on the same side as you.Normally you outplay your opposite number,see  I told you I was an O.A.P. ,times have obviously changed,now you can outplay somebody on your own side.

Michael, my apologies for misreading you. By your wording I quite wrongly thought you was not a Featherstone supporter. That is the Yorkshire dialect for you, where I live I would have said "Bussey had a much better game than Boas" obviously in Featherstone you have a different way of saying it,"Bussey outplayed the man we have flown half way around the world"I quite wrongly assumed you was a Bradford supporter by your post.Once again, apologies to you and Robin and P.O R.

Let's say 'performed better than'. I see no dialect it was simply a matter of interpretation of a comment. I am also an OAP of 84 and feel fairfolly that you are very surreptitiously taking the p...s.  You wording indicates that you are by no means a thicko and I can only assume that somewhere in the past you have been a teacher. Your attitude is slightly condescending and I reckon we have found you out. 

jamescolin, No not taking the p*** at all, a genuine mistake.I genuinely thought he was not a Fev supporter.As for me being a teacher,you have to be joking,worked on building sites all my working life.By the way you are older than me ,I am only 77.L.O.L.I do not even know what condescending means.Wish I had been a teacher by the way,I would now be on a good pension without the aches and pains brought on by hard graft.Who was it said ,"hard work never hurt anybody" believe me it does when you have retired.

1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

jamescolin, No not taking the p*** at all, a genuine mistake.I genuinely thought he was not a Fev supporter.As for me being a teacher,you have to be joking,worked on building sites all my working life.By the way you are older than me ,I am only 77.L.O.L.I do not even know what condescending means.Wish I had been a teacher by the way,I would now be on a good pension without the aches and pains brought on by hard graft.Who was it said ,"hard work never hurt anybody" believe me it does when you have retired.

In spite of our ages it is still good to have a laugh. It follows therefore that as a worker on a building site you were just trying to cement relations with us. My turn to apologise. Finally let's not get fussy over Bussey. I would like to know what your fair folly was.

I always had good times on site with lads from your area, 2 from Pontefract,2 from Knottingley, rough as they come but good lads all the same.I worked with them for about 5 years on various sites around Yorkshire. Two of them Rugby men,the other two did not know what a Rugby ball was.The pub was their life,darts and doms their exercise.As for my Fairfolly,the name of my house.Just seen a photo of Bussey,got to say he does not look like a half back. Interesting draw for Bradford next,Leeds at home,unfortunately will not be there as in Spain at the moment,also missed Sundays game but listened on Radio Leeds, seems Fev. threw the game away,the last two subs from Fev seemed to tip the scales in Bradfords favour.

Archived