Israel Folau

Rugby Australia and the New South Wales Rugby Union say they intend to terminate Israel Folau's contract after a social media post by the full-back in which he said "hell awaits" gay people.

Could we see Folau back in the NRL, or even in Super League?

I’m not sure if the NRL would have him back, they are clamping down on players behaviour, Super League could be his only option. 

Obviously if he is given a contract it would be need to contain strict sanctions for any further homophobic actions.

2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Obviously if he is given a contract it would be need to contain strict sanctions for any further homophobic actions.

That doesn’t seem to stop him.

The NRL won’t touch him.

2 hours ago, goldcoaster said:

I’d be willing to stake a small fortune he ends up at RC Toulon

Good.

And sometimes it has hidden value to follow a team who can't afford anyone!

Does Folau know Jean Genet was French?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

He could end back in AFL as they have no morals

1 hour ago, Casually said:

I'd imagine he's going to French union

I've not much time for the former but I've only ever had the latter down as the place where talent goes to die so far.

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I've not much time for the former but I've only ever had the latter down as the place where talent goes to die so far.

Aye, I know Julian Savea has gone there and his form has fallen off a cliff. Though Chris Ashton seemed to find the form of his life while playing for Toulon

1 minute ago, Casually said:

Though Chris Ashton seemed to find the form of his life while playing for Toulon

That's not saying very much, if I may be so bold?

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Rugby Australia and the New South Wales Rugby Union say they intend to terminate Israel Folau's contract after a social media post by the full-back in which he said "hell awaits" gay people.

I’m not sure if the NRL would have him back, they are clamping down on players behaviour, Super League could be his only option. 

Good ol' Christian beliefs, eh?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

After al the good work the RFL has done over the years in promoting RL as an 'inclusive' sport to even contemplate allowing his registration with any SL club would undermine it all

Folau is never going to change and his religious bigotry will always come to the fore. There's no place for people like this in our sport.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Good ol' Christian beliefs, eh?

It like the words of Jesus and his parables just passed them by, isn't it?

Which you would think would be a prerequisite or fundamental in being one.

Though there enough examples to show religion is in the breech rather than the observance.

The timing of all this, is interesting. Folau is under contract to ARU until 2022 and there is a WC coming up in Union this year. 

It seems like he may have done this on purpose so to get out of the contract? 

Or he Dosent care about the consequences of what he says. 

The rumours of Toulon and replacing Savea are many. And he could earn alot there. 

He could also go to Japan and play Top 14 for some huge wadges and be able to play on for years out there as the standard is not anywhere near as physical as Super Rugby or the NH Top 14 would be. 

I feel there's more to this than we know Right now. 

1 minute ago, Southerner80 said:

The timing of all this, is interesting. Folau is under contract to ARU until 2022 and there is a WC coming up in Union this year. 

It seems like he may have done this on purpose so to get out of the contract? 

Or he Dosent care about the consequences of what he says. 

The rumours of Toulon and replacing Savea are many. And he could earn alot there. 

He could also go to Japan and play Top 14 for some huge wadges and be able to play on for years out there as the standard is not anywhere near as physical as Super Rugby or the NH Top 14 would be. 

I feel there's more to this than we know Right now. 

He only recently just signed a new contract though. There’s no more than you want there to be. He had a chance to walk away but didn’t 

9 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

He only recently just signed a new contract though. There’s no more than you want there to be. He had a chance to walk away but didn’t 

Options may have come up in the last few months that were not there when he signed the deal? 

Also maybe he's fed up with the ARU and direction of it? 

Hes smart enough to know how these comments would be seen by his employer.

49 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

So what the ARL commissioner is saying that you can terrorise a family in New York and be welcomed back into the game but don’t you dare hurt the feelings of snowflakes. That’s a big no no! 

No consistency whatsoever which makes it a joke 

Right, saying gay people are going to hell is upsetting "snowflakes" and nothing more.

Archived