The end of leon

Sticklebricks

1 minute ago, RLfan99 said:

I was just relaying what a player had said, could be nothing in it

I don't think foz would coach town anyway simply because of his loyaties to haven still loves the club rememeber he didn't wanna leave haven was forced to go to rochdale due to financial reasons 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

I don't think foz would coach town anyway simply because of his loyaties to haven still loves the club rememeber he didn't wanna leave haven was forced to go to rochdale due to financial reasons 

Sentiment and loyalty tend to evaporate at the sight of filthy lucre. Sounds like another bit of fake news anyway.        

I acknowledge that you have the right to crow in light of your deserved triumph on Friday but most cocks do it on their own midden........ ? 

15 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Sentiment and loyalty tend to evaporate at the sight of filthy lucre. Sounds like another bit of fake news anyway.        

I acknowledge that you have the right to crow in light of your deserved triumph on Friday but most cocks do it on their own midden........ ? 

Not crowing just responding to a post 

Leon Pryce has been sacked from League 1 side Workington Town.

Pryce led the Cumbrian side to within 80 minutes of promotion to the Championship last season, losing out to Bradford and then Swinton in a rejigged play-off series – but has now been dismissed just six games into the 2019 League 1 campaign.

The former Great Britain international’s last game in charge was the Cumbrian derby defeat to Whitehaven on Good Friday, and Town’s board have now acted to remove Pryce and seek a replacement as they aim once again for promotion this campaign.

He leaves Workington in seventh position – though they are only one point behind third-placed London Skolars. Workington have won three and lost three so far.

Club chairman Les Smallwood said: “We wish to thank Leon for his hard work and commitment over the last couple of years. Leon has been a credit to the club and has raised the profile of Workington Town, who narrowly missed out on promotion last season – especially in the last game against Swinton with a depleted squad.

“Leon has introduced very high levels of professionalism and for that we are grateful.

Pryce said: “Whilst there is a tinge of disappointment, the last couple of years has been a great learning curve and I’ve enjoyed the experience of being thrown in at the deep end as head coach and enjoyed working with all of the players and coaching staff whom I wish to thank for their support. I believe I leave the club in a much stronger state especially with a group of committed players who deserve success the remaining part of the 2019 season.”

Current club captain Ollie Wilkes will take charge of the team for this weekend’s trip to Keighley.

Leon has been excellent for the club from where he started. We were in a rebuilding phase and he drove the standards up. For that I thank him. 

However I do think it was time. This season has not gone at all to plan. And as we know, it stops at the coaches door.

Thanks leon and all the best for the future. I'm sure there will be plenty making offers for his services

The decision was definately made by mutual consent. I believe Leon felt some of the squad weren’t performing for him and it was felt right for both parties. 

Im disappointed to see him go as I’m a big believer in you play for the badge and there was still plenty of rugby ahead of us but there’s better days ahead for us as a club and him as a coach 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

2 minutes ago, RL is the future said:

Who is considered to be the favourite for the job? Trying to think of an experienced coach that's available, surely that's the way Town will go next 

He pipped Ian Rudd for the job. Wouldn't want him

1 minute ago, tbgfc said:

Wow Chris Thorman already appointed on the haven forum 

First name I thought of tbh . Murdoch is around the club to fill in . Player coach option ? We’ll see who throws their hat in , it’s a good job 

1 minute ago, Town93 said:

Think any players will follow him out? Penky moi moi ect I think leon was a big part in them signing 

Don’t know but we’re already short on players to have a radical change in personnel mid year 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

First name I thought of tbh . Murdoch is around the club to fill in . Player coach option ? We’ll see who throws their hat in , it’s a good job 

Was on there forum 2 hours ago ffs some people have loose lips 

Archived