The Home opener - for real!

RobertAM

Wolfpack vs Lions - if the weather cooperates we should have a healthy crowd to welcome the boys back to Lamport. as it stands now think I have 21 going but I'm expecting a few more...

any guesses on the crowd?..with the above weather proviso..I'm gonna say..7000 ...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just to think if you get into super league next season you are going to loose out on 2 local derbies i.e New York and Ottawa now the League 1 and Championship clubs have accepted them into the competition in 2020.

10 hours ago, RogerT said:

And just to think if you get into super league next season you are going to loose out on 2 local derbies i.e New York and Ottawa now the League 1 and Championship clubs have accepted them into the competition in 2020.

I plan on attending a number of the games in Ottawa. I live 10 minute walk from Billy Bishop airport - 50 minute flight  in and out same day..RL is gonna take over my life!!

18 hours ago, RogerT said:

I think you need to re-evaluate what a “local derby” is Roger.

rldfsignature.jpg

They are derbies to you, you couldn't classify any of the English, French, aussies or Kiwi's as derbies. I have already started saving up for our away trips over there, I love the idea of it all.

13 hours ago, RobertAM said:

I plan on attending a number of the games in Ottawa. I live 10 minute walk from Billy Bishop airport - 50 minute flight  in and out same day..RL is gonna take over my life!!

It would be nice if Ottawa/Toronto work together and offered a season ticket deal where you get both tams home games. 

On 12/04/2019 at 20:44, Kayakman said:

If the weather is good I think it will be a sellout or real close to one.  If the weather its bad it will all depend on how bad.

it would have to be really bad...

1.jpg.4e88e2cfd305e0701e6f870e08a86ed8.jpg

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

19 hours ago, RogerT said:

They are derbies to you, you couldn't classify any of the English, French, aussies or Kiwi's as derbies. I have already started saving up for our away trips over there, I love the idea of it all.

Hull v Hull KR is a genuine derby.

rldfsignature.jpg

Even closer Batley v Dewsbury less than two miles as the crow flies or four and half if I'm staggering back after a few pints.

good move..in addition to the 7 season ticket holders in our group we have 24 others (and 5 kids) coming with us and I pushed them all to get their tickets by this weekend. Used up my 2019 allocation of "bring a friend for free" tickets so after this their all on their own!...

5 hours ago, RobertAM said:

good move..in addition to the 7 season ticket holders in our group we have 24 others (and 5 kids) coming with us and I pushed them all to get their tickets by this weekend. Used up my 2019 allocation of "bring a friend for free" tickets so after this their all on their own!...

Currently I'm getting my tickets mailed to me...is there more bring a friend vouchers in the packet?

This game clashes with the Arrows MLR game against Seattle. It's a real shame they couldn't have made it possible to watch both games on the same day, it only needs an hour between the games to make it possible. Interesting to see how this effects attendance for both teams.

9 hours ago, ojx said:

This game clashes with the Arrows MLR game against Seattle. It's a real shame they couldn't have made it possible to watch both games on the same day, it only needs an hour between the games to make it possible. Interesting to see how this effects attendance for both teams.

I discussed this on another thread long ago and now the date approaches...someone, might have been Parky, said that the Union game would outdraw the League game, alot depends on weather.  However, if the weather is good, I predict a sell out  or close to it for TWP.

I, of course, wish the Arrows all the best but I can't see them outdrawing TWP...not even close.  Time will tell who was correct (me or Parky) in this, as in many other things. 

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I discussed this on another thread long ago and now the date approaches...someone, might have been Parky, said that the Union game would outdraw the League game, alot depends on weather.  However, if the weather is good, I predict a sell out  or close to it for TWP.

I, of course, wish the Arrows all the best but I can't see them outdrawing TWP...not even close.  Time will tell who was correct (me or Parky) in this, as in many other things. 

So, if you are proven right Kman, is it the actual sport that will bring the extra fans or more the game day experience?

rldfsignature.jpg

3 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

So, if you are proven right Kman, is it the actual sport that will bring the extra fans or more the game day experience?

Both baby, both!

Plus Robert is going to be there and many of the locals would just like to catch a glimpse.....star power and all!

robert.jpg

Archived