Wakefield get impressive new sponsor!

On 12/04/2019 at 16:07, Kirmonds pouch said:

Where did I say I'd never heard of them? I don't know where you hail from but reading difficulties must be the norm but.....

Well you said that you "dont know much about them", sounds like you're not averse to a spot of pedantry yourself old chap

On 13/04/2019 at 19:31, chuffer said:

Well you said that you "dont know much about them", sounds like you're not averse to a spot of pedantry yourself old chap

How is that even remotely the same. I don't know much about Game of Thrones because I don't watch it but I do know its famous and loads of people do. Likewise this sponsor, I don't know the ins and outs of the company or follow its product ranege with much interest but I've heard of them. Its not pedentry on my part its stating the blooming obvious. Did you know much about your teams sponsor before they signed up? If it helps I'll read up on them just to keep forum pedants happy, hows that?

I was with Chris (The guy in the photo) from Asus a few weeks ago and he was telling me how incredible the price is for hospitality at Rugby League in general. Being in the consumer IT industry it goes without saying that Asus have a large marketing budget, often spent on football and formula 1. 

I'm genuinely surprised at the incredibly low number of large corporations that don't invest in RL - the ROI must be significantly better than other sports

Apparently matchday hospitality at Wakey goes through expenses and doesn't need marketing sign off such is the low value!

Anyway, fair play for getting such a good sponsor on board, not sure on the value but great form a prestige perspective

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

15 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

I was with Chris (The guy in the photo) from Asus a few weeks ago and he was telling me how incredible the price is for hospitality at Rugby League in general. Being in the consumer IT industry it goes without saying that Asus have a large marketing budget, often spent on football and formula 1. 

I'm genuinely surprised at the incredibly low number of large corporations that don't invest in RL - the ROI must be significantly better than other sports

Apparently matchday hospitality at Wakey goes through expenses and doesn't need marketing sign off such is the low value!

Anyway, fair play for getting such a good sponsor on board, not sure on the value but great form a prestige perspective

I would actually love to know if the big companies actually get actively targeted by Rugby League clubs for sponsorship opportunities. Who knows, maybe many big companies just don't get asked or the clubs don't make it an attractive enough proposition.

33 minutes ago, Damien said:

I would actually love to know if the big companies actually get actively targeted by Rugby League clubs for sponsorship opportunities. Who knows, maybe many big companies just don't get asked or the clubs don't make it an attractive enough proposition.

totally agree!

Once again it's down to how we sell ourselves

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I actually know part of the answer to this - it cuts both ways. I was lobbying hard a few years ago for a U.K. household name sponsor to get involved at RFL/SL level as a sponsor. I was sorting out their sponsorship/marketing/brand awareness and there was/remains a great fit  - I’m obviously not going to name them.

They were attracted by the low cost of signing up, but at the same time would rather, in as many words, “spend double or triple on something with a nationwide profile”.

I tried.

37 minutes ago, iffleyox said:

I actually know part of the answer to this - it cuts both ways. I was lobbying hard a few years ago for a U.K. household name sponsor to get involved at RFL/SL level as a sponsor. I was sorting out their sponsorship/marketing/brand awareness and there was/remains a great fit  - I’m obviously not going to name them.

They were attracted by the low cost of signing up, but at the same time would rather, in as many words, “spend double or triple on something with a nationwide profile”.

I tried.

Yes, I think sport sponsorship is a funny one - big companies going into this space don't tend to be looking for great value. It is a numbers game.

Archived