Thatto Heath

graham fisher

Just in case we’ve all forgotten we’ve got a big cup game on Sunday against a top amateur team in Thatto Heath. I’d like to think we’ll have too much for them regardless of what side Lee puts out,don’t underestimate them otherwise we’ll come a cropper.

Thatto Heath 10

Rams 26

fts Morton 

mom Ryder

att 746

I won't be going I'm afraid despite the attractive prices.

We will have a distinctly weakened side out due to the limitations of the loan system and injuries, so a couple of fringe players should get another chance. We need a determined, focussed approach against a very capable side with plenty of vocal support urging them on.

Thatto Heath 12 - 36 Rams

Att: 650

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I expect you to win but I think they will push you until the last 15 - 20 mins. Thatto 14 Sheep 26

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just seen the squad .... I can't figure who will play full back!  ... If Gabriel plays full back I can't figure who will play on the wings! There only appears to be 5 backs in the squad! ( Gabriel, Ryder, Leeming, Worrincy and Finn ..... I suppose Knowles will go in the halves ... but after that I have no idea!!

Thoughts! .......  

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

Just seen the squad .... I can't figure who will play full back!  ... If Gabriel plays full back I can't figure who will play on the wings! There only appears to be 5 backs in the squad! ( Gabriel, Ryder, Leeming, Worrincy and Finn ..... I suppose Knowles will go in the halves ... but after that I have no idea!!

Thoughts! .......  

Gabriel; Worrincy, Walshaw, Ryder, Leeming; Knowles, Finn.........................plus the forwards.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Here’s what I think the team might be:

Gabriel

Worrincy

Walshaw

Ryder

Leeming

Knowles

Finn

Sheriffe

Day

Andrade

Kibula

Field

Igbinedion

Ward

Garratt

Ruchardson

King

Whichever players are selected, the team ought to be good enough to beat what will be a strong Tatto Heath outfit (I understand that’s what it’s known as by the locals). I would liked to have seen a chance given to Halliday for this fixture. 

Thatto Heath 12-28 Dewsbury 

FTS: Ryder

MoM: Finn

Att: 586

Footnote: Morton, not selected for this game and had it been a league game, I think it would have been the same as I believe it was his inability to stop Dalton Grant twice at Bradford that brought about the defeat there. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Here’s what I think the team might be:

Gabriel

Worrincy

Walshaw

Ryder

Leeming

Knowles

Finn

Sheriffe

Day

Andrade

Kibula

Field

Igbinedion

Ward

Garratt

Ruchardson

King

Whichever players are selected, the team ought to be good enough to beat what will be a strong Tatto Heath outfit (I understand that’s what it’s known as by the locals). I would liked to have seen a chance given to Halliday for this fixture. 

Thatto Heath 12-28 Dewsbury 

FTS: Ryder

MoM: Finn

Att: 586

Footnote: Morton, not selected for this game and had it been a league game, I think it would have been the same as I believe it was his inability to stop Dalton Grant twice at Bradford that brought about the defeat there. 

Defending never been Dales strong point imho.  That why I’ve always been bemused when he’s put at FB.  

5 hours ago, NickD said:

Defending never been Dales strong point imho.  That why I’ve always been bemused when he’s put at FB.  

Gabriel, on the other hand.............................................

I thought it was a good game to watch your fitness and composure helped in the end.. half time came at the right time as thatto Heath had the roll on but straight after you took control with 2 back to back tries and good defence when they had 3-4 sets on the rams line 

Like everyone else I do hope that both of the injured players recover fully.

A poor first half performance by us followed by a much better second half. Thankfully LG's half-time talks must be far superior to those of Glenn Morrison.

Arrived at half time- decent start to 2nd half deflated Heath and discipline held well. Very unfortunate clash of heads right in front of me but very puzzled as to why it was put on report. Hope both players recover especially TH full back as he had a very good game. Neat ground and fair minded crowd too. Bonus in all delighted with result from keepmoat ?

59 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Gabriel, on the other hand.............................................

Is much better as is his positional play. 

1 hour ago, callmedave said:

Any incident resulting in injury is put on report. It doesn’t imply there’s been foul play. 

Not if the ref can sin bin your player during the tackle for a clash of heads!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Is much better as is his positional play. 

Let me get this right-you think Gabriel’s positional play is better? Certainly not so in the first half anyway. 

I thought we were poor in that first bit, but the Crusaders really improved as the half wore on and Goulding’s awareness and tactical kicking pointed out the lack of such awareness for defenders on our right. They had good players too, in Heyes from full back and Crehan at stand-off. Stark is a big unit and deserved his try. 

We really improved in the second period with some faster play and good tries. I thought Ward wasn't’ going to stop running for his effort. 

It was a sad sight to see Heyes and Leeming clash heads like that; I don’t recall a game previously being stopped for that length of time. I understand both were later sitting up and feeling a bit shaky! The further delay was for one of the doctors attending to a spectator who had been taken ill. 

It was a game played fairly and I reckon penalties were shared at 5-5. Spectators who used the facilities were impressed with the fayre on offer and I can see why the club has a good reputation. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I'd forgotten but my son mentioned that Bobbie Goulding Jnr played a few games for us.

Yes, I was surprised that Dave Woods didn't mention that.

12 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Let me get this right-you think Gabriel’s positional play is better? Certainly not so in the first half anyway. 

Not sure any full back can cover the defensive weaknesses we have on the right when Sykes ain’t out there, but yes. His positional play is way better than Dale.   Don’t get me wrong though. Dale the much better winger. I just don’t like to see him at FB 

you don’t see Gabriel drop many high balls either. 

7 hours ago, NickD said:

Not sure any full back can cover the defensive weaknesses we have on the right when Sykes ain’t out there, but yes. His positional play is way better than Dale.   Don’t get me wrong though. Dale the much better winger. I just don’t like to see him at FB 

you don’t see Gabriel drop many high balls either. 

You went to the West Hull game then Nick - how often did Gabriel drop the ball in that match?

He is no more a full back than Morton is - let's hope Hooley is back for Friday.

It was good to see Whiteley get some game time. What did others think about his contribution?

28 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It was good to see Whiteley get some game time. What did others think about his contribution?

Didn't notice him..Hopefully Sam Day back Friday...

33 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

You went to the West Hull game then Nick - how often did Gabriel drop the ball in that match?

He is no more a full back than Morton is - let's hope Hooley is back for Friday.

Disagree but time to move on...

Archived