Thatto Heath

graham fisher

14 hours ago, graham fisher said:

He went well imo. I reckon all the players that where rested yesterday will be back Friday.

All except Paul Sykes ..... I am hearing that he will be out for some time! ... Massive loss for us!!... For me he is our best tackler and most creative player.  The experiment of Knowles at 6 for me has not really worked and if he plays there on Friday I fear the worst .... What has Brown done wrong??  ..... admittedly he is not spectacular but he is quietly effective.... Or can we pick up a loan deal until Sykes is fit!!  I know good spare halves are not in great abundance  but there must be another Danny Richardson out there somewhere!! 

2 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

All except Paul Sykes ..... I am hearing that he will be out for some time! ... Massive loss for us!!... For me he is our best tackler and most creative player.  The experiment of Knowles at 6 for me has not really worked and if he plays there on Friday I fear the worst .... What has Brown done wrong??  ..... admittedly he is not spectacular but he is quietly effective.... Or can we pick up a loan deal until Sykes is fit!!  I know good spare halves are not in great abundance  but there must be another Danny Richardson out there somewhere!! 

Gee whiz..  Not good news at all... We are a much poorer team without Sykes.  Agree that if he's not available Brown would offer the best option at half back but Im even more worried about our right side defence without Paul.  Watching the Heath match again last night you can see how poor we are defensively out that side...  No doubt Batley will have spotted that.  

According to LE Wakefield have recalled both Annakin and Hooley as cover for their injuries. I know that I am prejudiced but I wouldn't trust certain people at that club further than I can kick them.

We will definitely be looking at a weakened team on Friday and Batley have something to prove. It will be a hard game to predict the outcome of; let's hope that attracts a few more fans, out of interest if nothing else.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Missing Sykes could be the only chance we have..

But I'm still not hopeful

Rams 28 Down in the dumps Dogs 16

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

18 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

You really are down in dumps if you are backing us to beat you 28-16,surely your not that bad.

Damn right.   They’re not.   Any team beating Widnes can beat a Sykes-less Dewsbury, especially if Annakin is missing too  

I will travel in hope rather than expectation (mind. I always do??)

Archived