Harsh Treatment for some.

Given the news that Blackpool FC having been deducted 12 league points for financial irregularities have now had them returned by the FA how does that compare with the recent deducted points suffered by Widnes Vikings and earlier deductions posed on Bradford Bulls?. Effectively such points deductions can most likely result in a drop of 2 divisions from Super League now faced by Widnes. Surely this has  afar greater impact upon the game particularly those with limited attendances and reduced income despite the best efforts in the league. Did Blackpool FC gain any playing advantage over their competitors, no the didn't, Did Widnes gain any advantages? they finished bottom, so no advantage there. For the benefit of the players involved, the supporters and the good of the game perhaps we can learn something from the actions of the hierarchy of the FA and revisit the imposition of what can only be called 'harsh treatment' or even the 'death knell' for some clubs.

30 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't see the point of comparing completely different sports.

In built prejudice and an inferiority complex means it is fair to some. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Blackpool’s situation wasn’t an insolvency event of their own making. The receiver was appointed by the high court to seize assets owned by the Oyston family it was nothing to do with the running of the club.

Birmingham City were recently deducted 9 points for breaching the financial fair play rules between 2014 and 2017 after accumulating losses in excess of the maximum allowed in a 3 year period.

Every case is different.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Also the football club was / is solvent - the rapist owned holding company wasn’t. I’m glad they got the 12 points back as this was the final aim of a sick and sad man

1 hour ago, magan1 said:

Given the news that Blackpool FC having been deducted 12 league points for financial irregularities have now had them returned by the FA how does that compare with the recent deducted points suffered by Widnes Vikings and earlier deductions posed on Bradford Bulls?. Effectively such points deductions can most likely result in a drop of 2 divisions from Super League now faced by Widnes. Surely this has  afar greater impact upon the game particularly those with limited attendances and reduced income despite the best efforts in the league. Did Blackpool FC gain any playing advantage over their competitors, no the didn't, Did Widnes gain any advantages? they finished bottom, so no advantage there. For the benefit of the players involved, the supporters and the good of the game perhaps we can learn something from the actions of the hierarchy of the FA and revisit the imposition of what can only be called 'harsh treatment' or even the 'death knell' for some clubs.

Punishment shouldn't just be judged on what DID happen, but also what COULD HAVE happened.

COULD Widnes have had an unfair advantage, stayed in SL and denied another team of their FAIR opportunity? Yes.

Whether they did or not is not the point. If you allow these chancers the opportunity with no punishment, you'll see more of them popping up.

Deterrents don't stop everyone - they never will - but take them away and you'll find out that they did stop many.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 hours ago, Bearman said:

We should use the same rules as netball. That would be fair.

Netball killed off their Yorkshire team.

I have never forgiven them.*

* I have, really.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, wackojacko said:

Maybe it does make sense to follow netball then...

*adds wackojacko to the list for The Bad Place*

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived