Good Friday

townie88

Moving swiftly on from yesterday. And trying not to suffer from a challenge cup hangover; what's everyone predictions for next week?

I think we have been sub standard for a few weeks now. But if we move the ball like we did yesterday. We should have to much?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Moving swiftly on from yesterday. And trying not to suffer from a challenge cup hangover; what's everyone predictions for next week?

I think we have been sub standard for a few weeks now. But if we move the ball like we did yesterday. We should have to much?

Be a good game totally different from preseason but Think haven might shade this one simply because of the game last night and how much it will have taken out of town where haven will have had a couple of weeks rest and been looking very sharp lately but I suppose form goes out the window for the derby games lets hope it's a quality game to represent west Cumbria may the best team win 

Just now, Town Army said:

Nothing between the teams in my opinion. Whitehaven in better form than us and I think there is a bit more pressure on Town to get back on track.

28-28 

Would agree with that pal and the result 

14 minutes ago, donald said:

Towns pack too strong for us they'll win next week

As the last time you were right on anything Donald was in 1972 please change your prediction to a jam win ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Realistically with the small squad we’ve got we were only ever going to be competing for promotion if by some miracle we avoided any injuries. This was never going to happen and to lose Miller and Fieldhouse, one for nearly half the season, the other for the season it seems, leaves the backs way short of where they need to be. Coupled with Penky being missing you’ve lost 2 class strike players and the guy who pulls most of the strings. Although it absolutely pains me to say it can’t see much more than a haven win. Hope I’m proved totally wrong and I’m sure the players will give 110% but we just don’t seem to be at the same levels we hit for the vast majority of last season. Utt

I just hope we deliver to our potential , if we do the rest will take of itself . We’re playing patchily , and at times , like last year, we struggle to do it against these .  I worry about our flanks  being targeted and exposed and I think we’ll play to our strength and keep it tight with forward power and look to dominate from there . We need penky or it’d be a huge leveller , and I’m looking forward to seeing Farrell he’s got a bit of xfactor about him . Overall I detest these games , I can’t eat my dinner before them and the sooner it’s over and we’ve won the better 

53 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Then again against London on Monday, usually limits your chances of DR unfortunately.

Anybody got Joe Hambleys phone number?

It’s a real shame joe took a year out. I thought he had a good year last season, always took high balls well and run it out strongly as well as finishing really well. Would certainly be a place for him if he was ever to come back. 

1 hour ago, Town Army said:

Then again against London on Monday, usually limits your chances of DR unfortunately.

Anybody got Joe Hambleys phone number?

Maybe but there’s  players there in a big squad who are not near the first team setup and they’re going  well with minimal changes , and will want to keep the momentum , so hopefully there’s some dialogue and a chance of strengthening this week . 

I predict an haven win unfortunately,we are very weak in the backs and with penky on leave we have lost the go forward he produces.I think the biggest miss will be elliot,he was really  on the ball this season and to be losing him is all season is an other big blow to us fans and club,we really need to be having some new players on the field if we are still thinking about promotion and has an outside bet i wouldn't dismiss haven from going up this year..

Miller and fieldhouse and without doubt our two best backs. To have both missing leaves us very vulnerable on the edges. And against JJP, Taylor and burns. We could come unstuck. 

Hope farrell gets a start. Looks a classy player. If penky is back and available, I'll take a narrow town win. 

On 13/04/2019 at 09:51, Callum Linford 98 said:

If the pack hit the haven pack with the same aggression they hit the Leeds pack with then the Town will win. Fui Fui was awesome last night and Danny Tickle was unlucky not to score at least twice. It'll be a close game 20-16 either way 

Really ...worked wonders looking at the scoreline ??

It will be a close game but I think we will win it in the forwards, though our defence needs to improve desperately for that to happen. Think Havens usual tactic of trying to isolate the likes of buffer against JJP or Aiye when close to our line will be the same and we have been weak at goal line defence all season which I'm sure Leon will have in hand.

Having said all that if we can get Penky on the pitch to direct play I think we will have too much for them. I really hope he's back as he is top drawer and for all Olstrums endeavour he just doesn't have the same magic. But not many do in this league do they?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived