Good Friday

townie88

1 minute ago, GeordieTownie said:

I’d say Haven are paying not far off as much it’s a bigger squad with less quality.

Most of this year's squad is players that have stepped from amateur this year or last year marra witb a few top quality travellers apparently we don't have bf the budget of last year 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, town4me said:

Give us some figures if you know this for sure.  

What I have been told is 

Leon is on 800 a game Danny tickle and moimoi similar penky is a big earner then you have the other players fieldHouse Wilkes etc who are on big money so it's not cheap 

4 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

What I have been told is 

Leon is on 800 a game Danny tickle and moimoi similar penky is a big earner then you have the other players fieldHouse Wilkes etc who are on big money so it's not cheap 

So you know nothing really?

Who told you all this? 

1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

What I have been told is 

Rubbish. What do you think Philips brothers, mossop, are on? JJp and Dion have to be on a minimum of 10K before win/loss

3 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

What I have been told is 

How would you even know that ? Who would tell you all this confidential info?

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

How would you even know that ? Who would tell you all this confidential info?

Was talking to a mate of mine who is a town fan and he's mates with an ex director as I say it probs won't be true I was just saying what someone told me pal 

19 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

What I have been told is 

LEON retired over 12 months ago, did you not know?

29 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

But  you didn't marra that's the reality check if you remember haven weren't great in both games either what I will say is people say as stated above we have nothing to fear from haven well I hope that dosn't bite you in the butt Friday we are a compete different team to the one you beat convincingly in January but that was a team with most players playing there first game for the club with amateurs and only trained together for a couple months prior. Instead of saying how you should have too much for haven lets see if town can deliver on Friday I will be first on here to congratulate all of you make no mistake this isnt the side you played 4 months ago and the league position tells you that. Saying this you are favorites and expected to win at home with the money you are throwing around you should be in our position in the league and we shouldn't be anywhere near the top.

We didn't win them !!!!! wow thanks for letting us know. Your club know more about throwing money about usually money you never had.

18 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Was talking to a mate of mine who is a town fan and he's mates with an ex director as I say it probs won't be true I was just saying what someone told me pal 

you were absent from here for quite a while (maybe someone with more know how could tell us how long) but it was very predictable that you would come out of hibernation after last weekend. Or Is it because the schools are off and you have a bit more time on your hands ? 

11 minutes ago, havenhater said:

800 a game haha what a clown. Some super league coaches arnt on that? 

Penky tickle moimoi and olly might as well not work for a living if town are looking after them like super league guy's.

Give it a rest man.

?

57 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

What I have been told is 

I'm checking the calander it's not April fools day is it? 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 14/04/2019 at 14:52, DavidM said:

I’ll be really interested to see what Leon does on Friday with Farrell in the mix . He’s talking him up and nudging the others in his interview , which can’t be a bad thing 

Me too, maybe the last quarter of the leeds game will be a clue? I thought that made good sense and would get us through until Fieldhouse returns.

Full backs have Carte blanche blokes like Luke Dorn, Sam Tomkins have made the 6 to full back transition and while Doran is creative his game management can also be poor which might be what Farrell brings to the team

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

1 minute ago, gillmeister said:

Full backs have Carte blanche blokes like Luke Dorn, Sam Tomkins have made the 6 to full back transition and while Doran is creative his game management can also be poor which might be what Farrell brings to the team

Agreed, and as creative as he can be, he isn't playing great at the minute.

He’s still our creative hub in the middle of the pitch and our go to player . I wouldn’t be shifting him , I just can’t see a full back there . Mellor is doing outstandingly well . You need  your best weapons in the middle . When he’s bedded in I’d have Doran and Farrell together . At least look at it as an axis for more balance in creation and edge . We need a shake up , sorry but in general play in the most pivotal position in the pitch where you get most touches Forber just doesn’t offer enough consistently in threat , sharpness or influence . His distribution is sometimes painfully laboured .  Kicking great , but it’s chicken n egg in what you’re looking for first in your half , and we have tickle to . We can’t get stuck in doing the same thing for sentiment or habit for the sake of it 

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

He’s still our creative hub in the middle of the pitch and our go to player . I wouldn’t be shifting him , I just can’t see a full back there . Mellor is doing outstandingly well . You need  your best weapons in the middle . When he’s bedded in I’d have Doran and Farrell together . At least look at it as an axis for more balance in creation and edge . We need a shake up , sorry but in general play in the most pivotal position in the pitch where you get most touches Forber just doesn’t offer enough consistently in threat , sharpness or influence . His distribution is sometimes painfully laboured .  Kicking great , but it’s chicken n egg in what you’re looking for first in your half , and we have tickle to . We can’t get stuck in doing the same thing for sentiment or habit for the sake of it 

If one of the halves were to make way on current form it has to be JD, Buffer in my opinion gets better every season and is playing well. Jamie has all the talent in the world and on form is the first name on the team sheet, but players go in and out of form and so far this season he's just not firing to his usual standard. It's not that he isn't trying but just how it is, a bit of competition is a good thing and maybe the catalyst he needs that a start on the bench gives. Anyway thats a decision for Leon, but Farrell looked decent at Leeds and a good problem to have for a change.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Thought it was a long time since you stuck the knife into Buffer - no doubt your reticence was influenced by the performances he's been producing this season and the recognition he's received from most people who know what they're watching. Leon has never seen the need to leave him out and as a judge of half-back credentials I'll accept that endorsement. Check out Carl's stats - impressive by any standards but he did miss a couple of kicks at Scholars so no doubt it was him who cost us the game. 

Archived