Good Friday

townie88

8 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Thought it was a long time since you stuck the knife into Buffer - no doubt your reticence was influenced by the performances he's been producing this season and the recognition he's received from most people who know what they're watching. Leon has never seen the need to leave him out and as a judge of half-back credentials I'll accept that endorsement. Check out Carl's stats - impressive by any standards but he did miss a couple of kicks at Scholars so no doubt it was him who cost us the game. 

He’s took on a SL set up number 7 . Why is that ? We had no options did we to leave anyone out . He obviously wants an alternative and other option . No way did he bring this guy here to sit on the bench long term  and I think down the line we’ll be trying  Fieldhouse at 1 , Doran and Farrell , Penky at 9 and Tickle at 13 as our spine . 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He’s took on a SL set up number 7 . Why is that ? We had no options did we to leave anyone out . He obviously wants an alternative and other option . No way did he bring this guy here to sit on the bench long term  and I think down the line we’ll be trying  Fieldhouse at 1 , Doran and Farrell , Penky at 9 and Tickle at 13 as our spine . 

Penky is currently putting in cameo performances when he isn't on his hols, quite how that qualifies him as "spine" material escapes me. Jamie seems to have lost the spark that he showed last year at pivot so maybe a stint at 9 is on the cards. He's played with credit there before and that might just allow our new half to partner Buffer if such a thought doesn't cause you apoplexy....... ? 

Somethings not working so shaking it up is welcomed, it's a matter of opinion  what that something is . As you say players have runs of good and bad form including Carl, but at the moment i'd say Jamie is the one underperforming and seeing as he isnt the goalkicker he'd be the one making way for Farrell.

I thought doran was probably towns best at Leeds?

It was his creativity that turned the game the other week vs newcastle. With the chip over the top. If we're being honest. Most of the side have only been 6 or 7 out of 10 since the start of the season. To single JD out is a tad unfair I think

Its an opinion. You'd be hard pushed to say he's looking sharp, his kicking' s good but he doesn't look a threat like he did last year. Not having a go at the lad but Leon' s often said hes got all the talent but.could look after himself better. Otherwise you'd have to remove your goalkicker.

I don’t think even the most diehard fan will say we’ve looked slick this year. Even with Penky available we’ve looked fairly ordinary with ball in hand. It might be time to have a look at different structures but I don’t know whether the time to do that is in the derby.

It was interesting listening to Craig lingard on commentary on Friday saying how well Doran had slotted into full back. If making a move such as that helps to tighten up the fringe defence by moving mellor to the wing and allowing worthington to play in the centre thus allowing Barnes to play in the forwards, it may well be for the benefit of the team all round. We have lost our most potent attacker and probably our best defensive back in Ell, we need to find a way to cover that and stop leaking points on the flank. Until Ryan is back playing, if that means shuffling players around to get the best out of everyone available then I’m all for it. We certainly can’t keep stuttering along as we are or any chance of being up there at the end of the season will quickly disappear.Utt

Forber doesn't deserve to be dropped the season he's having but because we're playing haven I would stick with Doran also only because if there is a chance he can regain top form this might be the match to do it. I know one thing this is a must win game both for the league and to keep interest for people whose started to come back to matches, it's only Wednesday and the butterflies are starting UTT 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

30 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

In matches like this you need a top class kicked , Buffers kick ratio must be one of the best in any league, for that reason he has to start. JD at fullback for me .

Would have thought JD was too slow to play FB. 

HW

I'm certainly not getting at JD, he is central to our team and 6 is his long term position imo BUT our main problem as I can see at the moment is that we have a flank that clearly needs sorting and our options are limited.

On 16/04/2019 at 18:46, homeandawayer said:

Somethings not working so shaking it up is welcomed, it's a matter of opinion  what that something is . As you say players have runs of good and bad form including Carl, but at the moment i'd say Jamie is the one underperforming and seeing as he isnt the goalkicker he'd be the one making way for Farrell.

There's plenty of goal kickers in the squad with tickle, Sutton, Farrell, Jd can kick as well so kicking goal shouldn't determine keeping in the team 

48 minutes ago, Spike said:

There's plenty of goal kickers in the squad with tickle, Sutton, Farrell, Jd can kick as well so kicking goal shouldn't determine keeping in the team 

Carl isn't an ever present purely because of his goal - kicking, metranomic as it is. His all round game this season has been good enough to have him judged as m. o. m. material by many pundits. Buffer is currently displaying many of the skills that were coached out his game under previous regimes and he's clearly thriving under the stewardship of one of the greatest international half backs of all time.      If he's good enough for Leon Pryce he's good enough for me. 

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Carl isn't an ever present purely because of his goal - kicking, metranomic as it is. His all round game this season has been good enough to have him judged as m. o. m. material by many pundits. Buffer is currently displaying many of the skills that were coached out his game under previous regimes and he's clearly thriving under the stewardship of one of the greatest international half backs of all time.      If he's good enough for Leon Pryce he's good enough for me. 

One of the greatest international halfback of all time,have Town drafted in Andrew Johns as a halves coach ?

53 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

One of the greatest international halfback of all time,have Town drafted in Andrew Johns as a halves coach ?

Even an armchair spectator like you Davros couldn't bag Leon's achievements both domestically and internationally. Seeing as the last time you went through a turnstile the ball and the boots were made of dubbined leather I'll take your opinion with a wry smile...........

10 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Even an armchair spectator like you Davros couldn't bag Leon's achievements both domestically and internationally. Seeing as the last time you went through a turnstile the ball and the boots were made of dubbined leather I'll take your opinion with a wry smile...........

Seeing how he played more international games at centre/wing than halfback only someone with a distinct lack of RL knowledge would label Pryce one of the greatest international halfbacks of all time ! Good domestically and a useful utility player at test level.Seeing as the last time you talked sense,Webb Ellis hadn't even thought of picking the ball up I'll have a laugh at yours.

52 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Seeing how he played more international games at centre/wing than halfback only someone with a distinct lack of RL knowledge would label Pryce one of the greatest international halfbacks of all time ! Good domestically and a useful utility player at test level.Seeing as the last time you talked sense,Webb Ellis hadn't even thought of picking the ball up I'll have a laugh at yours.

Only a moron could apply the term "utility" to a player of Pryce's profile. But that's what we expect from a non - participant such as yourself. The Reverend William Webb Ellis is an icon of the "other" code but obviously a reference which you feel appropriate.           Time to get some dubbin on that sofa and the wireless tuned in to Radio Sheep Dip for tomorrow's game..... 

9 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Only a moron could apply the term "utility" to a player of Pryce's profile. But that's what we expect from a non - participant such as yourself. The Reverend William Webb Ellis is an icon of the "other" code but obviously a reference which you feel appropriate.           Time to get some dubbin on that sofa and the wireless tuned in to Radio Sheep Dip for tomorrow's game..... 

Hmm so you still can't back up your rediculous post that Leon Pryce is one of the greatest ever international halfbacks and as usual resort to insults when you've been found out,no need for dubbin old lad ill be down at the Wigan/Saints game but will try to keep up with events up here,enjoy the game,I'm sure Mrs Sandy will welcome the break.

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Hmm so you still can't back up your rediculous post that Leon Pryce is one of the greatest ever international halfbacks and as usual resort to insults when you've been found out,no need for dubbin old lad ill be down at the Wigan/Saints game but will try to keep up with events up here,enjoy the game,I'm sure Mrs Sandy will welcome the break.

No insults employed - simply a summary of what you have just confirmed. Even Jam fans slate you for your non attendance while you seem to have a shed-load of opinions on the club you clearly don't support. Mrs Sandy ceased to be many years ago but I'll allow you that jibe as your material is running out of credibility. 

12 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

No insults employed - simply a summary of what you have just confirmed. Even Jam fans slate you for your non attendance while you seem to have a shed-load of opinions on the club you clearly don't support. Mrs Sandy ceased to be many years ago but I'll allow you that jibe as your material is running out of credibility. 

Still nothing to back up your original post,must have realised it was a figment of your deluded imagination,have you ever had any credibility.

15 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Still nothing to back up your original post,must have realised it was a figment of your deluded imagination,have you ever had any credibility.

At this time of night you should take less vodka in your Horlicks - it's a long drive down to Wigan tomorrow and I would just hate it if you got breathalysed...... Meanwhile I'll be making the pilgrimage to Derwent Park like always. I am a dyed in the wool Townie.....   Now that's what I call credibility. 

Archived