Good Friday

townie88

8 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

At this time of night you should take less vodka in your Horlicks - it's a long drive down to Wigan tomorrow and I would just hate it if you got breathalysed...... Meanwhile I'll be making the pilgrimage to Derwent Park like always. I am a dyed in the wool Townie.....   Now that's what I call credibility. 

So I'll take it you have nothing to back up your original statement about Pryce then,so I won't derail this thread anymore.

Enjoy the game folks.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nerves starting to kick in but can't wait for the game. Town 28-20  Haven 

Hopefully a big crowd gets down to cheer the lads on

Up The Town  

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

So I'll take it you have nothing to back up your original statement about Pryce then,so I won't derail this thread anymore.

Enjoy the game folks.

You are intent on labouring what was a fatuous intervention in a thread dedicated to the build-up to an eagerly anticipated derby. Leon Pryce's standing in the Greatest Game is irrefutable and I am well aware that he played in positions other than stand-off. Nevertheless you chose to make an invidious comparison to Andrew Johns who was, of course, a legend.   Both Leon and Joey had controversial elements to their careers both on and off the field but they remain iconic figures to League devotees. 

Having established that you are not a paying supporter of either West Cumbrian club your input lacks the authenticity to "derail" any thread on today's game. Congratulations - you are now firmly on my "ignore" list..... 

MODERATOR:It looks like certain members are going off topic and it has to stop,We all at times do not agree with eachother, but, let's stick to the topic and not having a go at one another.Thankyou…..

What a f##king shambles. Time for Leon to go. Totally unnaceptable. 

In local news trying to 'take the emotion out of the derby'. Well..... haven deserved everything they got. 100% more up for it and aggressive than town. Something isn't right and needs sorted asap

25 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Awful, to many playing who aren't interested. This club means nothing to them

Never seen haven oustsing town from min 1 till the end atmosphere was unreal from a massive travelling army all I can say is best side won keep fighting u will be up there end of season 

1 minute ago, Sticklebricks said:

Pains me to say it, but the best team won, they wanted it more than we did, but we get back on the bike and go again utt

Think the bike needs a few new wheels mate on that performance, very very poor

Wow , what can you say ? From the kick off they were in the ascendancy and bar a very brief spell we were never in it . Something just looks like it’s missing . In attack our default is grunt up the middle but when we divert from that we just look lost . How many times did we shift laterally , running into someone’s space then give them the ball ? Epitomised by running into touch on first tackle at least twice . To say we were second best would be kind , they were all over us in attack n defence . Don’t know , we just can’t break out of this cycle of numb errors  over n over . Error - try , error - try , error - try . At times what we do defies belief . Same old same old in these games . Long way to go but we need a big reassessment and improvement to figure . So far it’s just been far to clunky and nowhere near the sum of our parts . Have to say it , they play  to and above the sum of theirs 

Archived