Good Friday

townie88

I think someone still needs to be asking the question of why the hell we let newts walk away when we had no one lined up, one of the worst decisions down there in a while. Up there with playing out only creative half at full back. Haven were better for 75 mins of the game. You could tell they were up for it, we let coward make yards like he was George Burgess, Jake Moore was head and shoulders above cain  and Gordon. And our backline..... Jesus it’s bad. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

I'd say half the crowd was haven fans that was unreal from us 

I wouldn't get  too carried away while you are gloating pal. kells would have beaten us today.  And for the couple of short spell we did put some effort in we were moving up  up the pitch with ease. 

I said at the start of the season, when folk were getting carried away, that our squad is not balanced. It was obvious that a couple of long term injuries would cause us massive issues in the backs. Leon has gambled on a big pack steamrollering the opposition but it’s not happening, I can’t honestly say we have dominated any team this year. Today we were probably a couple of stone per man heavier in the pack yet never looked like getting on top of theirs. Something not right at the club no matter what anyone says.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

7 minutes ago, town4me said:

I wouldn't get  too carried away while you are gloating pal. kells would have beaten us today.  And for the couple of short spell we did put some effort in we were moving up  up the pitch with ease

Not gloating marra best side won end of you can't deny local passion and pride and that won us the game not half arsed journey men we found that out 

I think it’s obvious from today’s performance and result that we have some players just going through the motions and picking up good money for their efforts.  This sort of result hasn’t just happened it’s been coming for a number of games as our defence has been terrible.   How many times have we got 12 points up and then fallen behind.  Some we’ve managed to claw back but as happened today the visitors were too good and didn’t let this happen.  The coach has to take the blame as he has brought in some players often no better than we have local but they always get game time.  Some of the players must be costing the club a small fortune and before we hit the financial buffers we need it sorting. 

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

3 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Not gloating marra best side won end of you can't deny local passion and pride and that won us the game not half arsed journey men we found that out 

It was a excellent support from Haven and expect after your start, 1,900 approx am told, best team won on the day, we have a lot to do. 

11 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

It was a excellent support from Haven and expect after your start, 1,900 approx am told, best team won on the day, we have a lot to do. 

I thought well over 2k Thanks pal best luck I'm sure u will sort things out and be up there top man 

I think people complaining about travellers stealing wages are way off the mark, hopkins, tickle and moi moi were 3 of our better performers in my eyes. Most of the mistakes today came feom locals who look like they were struggling with the occasion 

The decision to pick lancaster over sutton was horrendous though and questions do need to be asked of leon over that one

2 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I think people complaining about travellers stealing wages are way off the mark, hopkins, tickle and moi moi were 3 of our better performers in my eyes. Most of the mistakes today came feom locals who look like they were struggling with the occasion 

The decision to pick lancaster over sutton was horrendous though and questions do need to be asked of leon over that one

Must agree on splitting us into two camps. That’s totally counterproductive and doesn’t get us anywhere . There’s to much of an undercurrent of this ready to come to the surface when it goes south . We’re a team who underperformed as a collective. It all unravelled quick today but overall you can’t say guys like Penky , Tickle , Hopkins aren’t putting a shift in most weeks . They are good players at this grade .To me it’s the whole of what we’re producing for what we have that’s worrying . Patchy , illdisciplined , error stewn . There’s just been something not clicking or gelling all season so far and it’s proving more of a struggle than it should be . And talk of sacking Leon right now is in my opinion way off mark . I’m sure he’s drilling into them things he wants , but he can’t go out and do the basics for them which they to often can’t do 

21 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Thiught Danny Tickle was our best on the day, stevie grafts hard enough but not big enough to cause problems in attack i am afraid

Please read the T&S. About Leon trying to take emotion out the derby. Haven were full of emotion and look what happened. No coincidence that haven have more local players and it was evident that it meant more to them than some of our travellers. 

I've said from the start of the season Caine Barnes is too good for this level and I stick by that. And he's playing out of position! For me, Stevie is the only one who can be happy with his effort today. That was worse than getting beat on the hooter last year! Not sure what the answer is!

I also think we play danny tickle in the wrong position,everytime I have watched tickle he has always played in the 2nd row not at loose forwardI understand that leon is the coach but I certainly do not agree with his selections of positions.Just my opinion folks...

Just now, troutmaster said:

I also think we play danny tickle in the wrong position,everytime I have watched tickle he has always played in the 2nd row not at loose forwardI understand that leon is the coach but I certainly do not agree with his selections of positions.Just my opinion folks...

Plays as an extra middle which is what most loose forwards are these days, maybe lost a yard now for backrow?

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Never seen haven oustsing town from min 1 till the end atmosphere was unreal from a massive travelling army all I can say is best side won keep fighting u will be up there end of season 

Well done on your win but you are deluded I if you don't think you had a more than couple of hundred  football supporters in the corner of the popular side.

Walsh was dropped and Rooke was took off . We said we had problems on the flanks and in the back positions we are really struggling for options and strike power at present . It makes our style pretty predictable , and a lot of our play off that is very laboured and readable for defences . 

2 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Well done on your win but you are deluded I if you don't think you had a more than couple of hundred  football supporters in the corner of the popular side.

You must be crazy we made towns fans silent and that take some doing so did u not see all the haven fans at the end of the ground? 

19 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

I thought well over 2k Thanks pal best luck I'm sure u will sort things out and be up there top man 

Definitely over 2000 ---but I said that when we played the Ike game.......?. As for today a 90 mile round trip for 80 minutes of desperately poor rugby from one of the most disjointed Town sides I've seen for a very long time. Depressing when old warhorses like Shacks and Chris Coward put our ex-Super League recruits in the shade .   If we could have put 13 guys out there with the honesty and courage of Stevie Scholey it would have been a different story. Sadly there were far too many playing for wages rather than pride. If it's possible to take any positives from today then young Farrell looked the business and could be influential when he beds in.  I truly can't fathom why Leon parachuted a guy in at the eleventh hour and expected him to perform in the cauldron that is a Town/Jam derby?   Where did the Lancaster lad spring from? Unsurprisingly he resembled a rabbit in the headlights when he came on.       From what I heard today from the Horse's mouth we will soon be without another senior player for the foreseeable future .............?

7 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

You must be crazy we made towns fans silent and that take some doing so did u not see all the haven fans at the end of the ground? 

200 Max you pleb ?

Archived