Good Friday

townie88

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, town4me said:

Who was missing for haven today?

Jordan Thompson, Ethan kelly, dave Thompson, Andrew bullman, all first team starters that's why haven have lacked size in the middle lately 

7 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Jordan Thompson, Ethan kelly, dave Thompson, Andrew bullman, all first team starters that's why haven have lacked size in the middle lately 

You’re stretching it with Tomposh! Kelly and Dave Thompson would add to the team that played today Bulman wouldn’t have given you more than Burns and Holliday 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

9 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Wouldn't have Worthington anywhere near a town shirt again either. Can't remember a decent showing from him yet? Some serious questions need asking at the minute if we are to even contemplate promotion.

Singling players out does nobody any favours. He’s a young lad who’s not set the world a light but our problems run deeper 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

5 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

You’re stretching it with Tomposh! Kelly and Dave Thompson would add to the team that played today Bulman wouldn’t have given you more than Burns and Holliday 

What he is trying to do gilly is make out haven were as under strength as town today. However RL ,as we all know, is a squad game

1 minute ago, town4me said:

What he is trying to do gilly is make out haven were as under strength as town today. However RL ,as we all know, is a squad game

Thomposh isn't the biggest but runs it well and gives a qpb like scholey for town dave Thompson runs through brick walls and can play anywhere. Ethan is animal and bullman is an all round winger. Today's says a lot when our star centre play 80 mins at full back 

14 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Singling players out does nobody any favours. He’s a young lad who’s not set the world a light but our problems run deeper 

Agree. But at the minute we aren't asking for favours. We're asking for players to deliver. Players need to be held accountable. And too many for too long haven't been up to it. 

Well done to Whitehaven . But what a disjointed  team that Town put out .Right from the start of the season .we have had no luck with injuries , Fieldhouse brought in to be fullback ,who scored two try's on his debut .out with long term injury .Curwen in and out due to injury . Miller out with long term injury , and now it looks like Wilkes will be missing a few games . Then Olstrum  out  . On a small squad with all that as happened its hard to play players in there preferred position .we just had to get a Team on the pitch . If Newts , Moore . Maudling   had stayed they would have got the game time they wanted. but that's the way it goes . We just have to pick ourselves up,  get some players in , season long loans rather than Dual reg  or even sign some players  if any available who will improve the Team . we are certainly short on numbers . but above all we just need a bit of luck with not losing any more players with injury . 

58 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Wouldn't have Worthington anywhere near a town shirt again either. Can't remember a decent showing from him yet? Some serious questions need asking at the minute if we are to even contemplate promotion.

I thought Worthington did ok today I think there was way worse performers than him..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Maybe we are not as good as we think we are sounds we were out enthused and out played by a supposed inferior Haven, really think as fans we are victims of our own hype, what worries me is we seem to have gone big to get out of the league 1 but are falling way short at the minute reality is we have14 games to turn this season around but as Haven showed today you don’t need former superstars in this league when team spirit can wins games.

Haven deserved the win today, thought tom Wilkinson in middle field was mom never stopped working,town had a good spell in the first half when they moved the ball a got 2 good trys,but haven wanted the win more fair play,town will bounce back but need a hooker to replace penky and find some speed in the back line.

in my eyes we have overspent massively on the pack without recruiting anything in the back line, tickle makes alot of tackles but what else does he offer? absolutely nothing for me hes just a big name to add to the team sheet, out enthused by locals who wanted to win the game, did we? im not so sure...naming 19 men then drafting in players last second to come on the bench shows a mockary of the club, why sign sutton etc if your not going to give them a chance.

plain and simple theyve got a team without a big budget and drafted in charlton, theyve all stood up to one another and made their presence felt, im devasated, its rugby league and it happens, credit to whitehaven, simply just wanted it more and that shone through 

what happens next? its very poor, they wont lose 3 more games than we will so to me catching them is out of the equation, but not even them we havent competed well once this season, after oldham it looked so good and promising as if we were going to be the york of last year but its simply went backwards, use the money wisely instead of a team of 'has beens'

Sounds like the knives are well and truly out after yesterday. 

Firstly well done to Haven who were by far the better team. Charlo really does know how to get a team motivated in the derbies as we know now both for and against us. 

We have a huge problem getting a team out on the park with all the cogs in the right places. We have had terrible luck right from when Fieldhouse got injured, and lost Litherland without a game in anger. The DR with Huddersfield has been very much miss instead of hit despite what was promised, and now we have lost Miller and by all accounts Olstrum for the season and beyond. Also now missing Wilkes hopefully only for a short period.  The small squad just can't cope.

We are desperate for bodies on the park and square pegs in square holes so just let's hope our BOD & Leon can scratch something together. Everything was looking o.k. then since the Newcastle games it's all fallen apart. Our defence has been awful all season, after 6 league games we have shipped 163 points, and it looks like our wingers confidence is shot with both Walsh and Rooke suffering.

It's time to get behind the BOD, Leon and the lads and hope it can be turned around however devastating a derby home defeat is. It's only mid April so it's all not over yet. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

6 hours ago, LancashireTown said:

in my eyes we have overspent massively on the pack without recruiting anything in the back line, tickle makes alot of tackles but what else does he offer? absolutely nothing for me hes just a big name to add to the team sheet, out enthused by locals who wanted to win the game, did we? im not so sure...naming 19 men then drafting in players last second to come on the bench shows a mockary of the club, why sign sutton etc if your not going to give them a chance.

plain and simple theyve got a team without a big budget and drafted in charlton, theyve all stood up to one another and made their presence felt, im devasated, its rugby league and it happens, credit to whitehaven, simply just wanted it more and that shone through 

what happens next? its very poor, they wont lose 3 more games than we will so to me catching them is out of the equation, but not even them we havent competed well once this season, after oldham it looked so good and promising as if we were going to be the york of last year but its simply went backwards, use the money wisely instead of a team of 'has beens'

I disagree on Tickle but ultimately I think we were out coached and out enthused. A few players had a go but the difference for me was 2 coaches who understand what a derby is against 2 who don’t.

To let your only hooker go on holiday for a crucial game in the capital and rest Tickle bit us massively. There’s very few easy games in this league, if I know that so should our coach.

Ell and karl are probably our 2 most aggressive, in your face players. And it was evident that's what we were missing. Enthusiasm and aggression should be the absolute minimum you expect in a derby game. And when you don't have that, and the other team do. You're in trouble. 

It's not the defeat that hurts most, it's the manner in which we seemed to accept it.

Firstly well done to Haven wanted it far more than us ,everything has ready been said re lack of numbers,bad luck etc and I'm sure we will bounce back ,secondly an occasion celebrating one of our most dedicated players testimonial ( shirt auction in derwent lounge)could have been supported more by coaching staff/certain players/directors(TEAM SPIRIT!)

Well done Carl Forber UTT!

43 minutes ago, bigapple said:

Firstly well done to Haven wanted it far more than us ,everything has ready been said re lack of numbers,bad luck etc and I'm sure we will bounce back ,secondly an occasion celebrating one of our most dedicated players testimonial ( shirt auction in derwent lounge)could have been supported more by coaching staff/certain players/directors(TEAM SPIRIT!)

Well done Carl Forber UTT!

I thought exactly the same, 5/6 of our players in the bar afterwards, couple of directors and that's it. 

Very poor showing in support of Carl 

Haven tackled us out of the game pure and simple . Far more aggressive and obviously targeted our smaller guys running the ball out of defence to force errors . We gave them their first 12 points though . 4 men missed tackles on probably their smallest player for the first try .We lead12-6 when giving that ludicrous forward pass in our own 20 and then went for an interception instead of holding the line to give away a walk in .However badly people think we played , The game changed when Tyllar Mellors try in the corner was ruled out , he did what most wingers do took the ball ,lifted is legs and dived over the line .It looked a try for me .The linesman had other ideas .From the scrum Dion made his break , and the score went from possibly 18-12 to us to 18-12 to them . The same linesman missed a blatant charge into tyllar when he went up  for the kick to the corner , the linesman was 2 yards away and chose to ignore it , everyone on the ground saw it , it was the easiest decision all day .Before we get too carried away with Derby hysteria , We had Fieldhouse ,Miller ,Wilkes , and Olstrum missing from our starting 13 and Curwen would have been on the bench , Penky had just flown back from America apparently and can`t have been 100% , we had taken a caning from Leeds 7 days ago , whereas Haven had nearly a full fit Team after a fortnights break , if you were a betting man who`s your money on .We always knew with a small squad we had to remain lucky with injuries and thats not been the case ,It`s going to be a hard struggle for the rest of the season i`m afraid  , but i`ll still be down the Park next game . UTT.

3 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Haven tackled us out of the game pure and simple . Far more aggressive and obviously targeted our smaller guys running the ball out of defence to force errors . We gave them their first 12 points though . 4 men missed tackles on probably their smallest player for the first try .We lead12-6 when giving that ludicrous forward pass in our own 20 and then went for an interception instead of holding the line to give away a walk in .However badly people think we played , The game changed when Tyllar Mellors try in the corner was ruled out , he did what most wingers do took the ball ,lifted is legs and dived over the line .It looked a try for me .The linesman had other ideas .From the scrum Dion made his break , and the score went from possibly 18-12 to us to 18-12 to them . The same linesman missed a blatant charge into tyllar when he went up  for the kick to the corner , the linesman was 2 yards away and chose to ignore it , everyone on the ground saw it , it was the easiest decision all day .Before we get too carried away with Derby hysteria , We had Fieldhouse ,Miller ,Wilkes , and Olstrum missing from our starting 13 and Curwen would have been on the bench , Penky had just flown back from America apparently and can`t have been 100% , we had taken a caning from Leeds 7 days ago , whereas Haven had nearly a full fit Team after a fortnights break , if you were a betting man who`s your money on .We always knew with a small squad we had to remain lucky with injuries and thats not been the case ,It`s going to be a hard struggle for the rest of the season i`m afraid  , but i`ll still be down the Park next game . UTT.

Haven had at least 4 big players missing also pal 

6 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

I was walking back from the toilets so was right in the corner for Mellor's 'try'. While the touch judge was totally wrong to put his flag up for in touch when he was nowhere close to being in touch Mellor dropped the ball at least a yard short of grounding it so wouldnt have been a try anyway

Archived