Good Friday

townie88

8 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Haven tackled us out of the game pure and simple . Far more aggressive and obviously targeted our smaller guys running the ball out of defence to force errors . We gave them their first 12 points though . 4 men missed tackles on probably their smallest player for the first try .We lead12-6 when giving that ludicrous forward pass in our own 20 and then went for an interception instead of holding the line to give away a walk in .However badly people think we played , The game changed when Tyllar Mellors try in the corner was ruled out , he did what most wingers do took the ball ,lifted is legs and dived over the line .It looked a try for me .The linesman had other ideas .From the scrum Dion made his break , and the score went from possibly 18-12 to us to 18-12 to them . The same linesman missed a blatant charge into tyllar when he went up  for the kick to the corner , the linesman was 2 yards away and chose to ignore it , everyone on the ground saw it , it was the easiest decision all day .Before we get too carried away with Derby hysteria , We had Fieldhouse ,Miller ,Wilkes , and Olstrum missing from our starting 13 and Curwen would have been on the bench , Penky had just flown back from America apparently and can`t have been 100% , we had taken a caning from Leeds 7 days ago , whereas Haven had nearly a full fit Team after a fortnights break , if you were a betting man who`s your money on .We always knew with a small squad we had to remain lucky with injuries and thats not been the case ,It`s going to be a hard struggle for the rest of the season i`m afraid  , but i`ll still be down the Park next game . UTT.

Thanks for that Ivan there was me thinking Haven won because they were the better team. Officials, injuries, time between games, ifs and buts any more excuses to tell us that we were lucky to win? Take your rose coloured glasses off marra.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Haven tackled us out of the game pure and simple . Far more aggressive and obviously targeted our smaller guys running the ball out of defence to force errors . We gave them their first 12 points though . 4 men missed tackles on probably their smallest player for the first try .We lead12-6 when giving that ludicrous forward pass in our own 20 and then went for an interception instead of holding the line to give away a walk in .However badly people think we played , The game changed when Tyllar Mellors try in the corner was ruled out , he did what most wingers do took the ball ,lifted is legs and dived over the line .It looked a try for me .The linesman had other ideas .From the scrum Dion made his break , and the score went from possibly 18-12 to us to 18-12 to them . The same linesman missed a blatant charge into tyllar when he went up  for the kick to the corner , the linesman was 2 yards away and chose to ignore it , everyone on the ground saw it , it was the easiest decision all day .Before we get too carried away with Derby hysteria , We had Fieldhouse ,Miller ,Wilkes , and Olstrum missing from our starting 13 and Curwen would have been on the bench , Penky had just flown back from America apparently and can`t have been 100% , we had taken a caning from Leeds 7 days ago , whereas Haven had nearly a full fit Team after a fortnights break , if you were a betting man who`s your money on .We always knew with a small squad we had to remain lucky with injuries and thats not been the case ,It`s going to be a hard struggle for the rest of the season i`m afraid  , but i`ll still be down the Park next game . UTT.

Excellent summing up.....

9 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I was walking back from the toilets so was right in the corner for Mellor's 'try'. While the touch judge was totally wrong to put his flag up for in touch when he was nowhere close to being in touch Mellor dropped the ball at least a yard short of grounding it so wouldnt have been a try anyway

Yep he seemed to lose the ball before grounding it.

10 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I was walking back from the toilets so was right in the corner for Mellor's 'try'. While the touch judge was totally wrong to put his flag up for in touch when he was nowhere close to being in touch Mellor dropped the ball at least a yard short of grounding it so wouldnt have been a try anyway

We seem to either get over anxious or lose the plot at times in thinking we have to score off every play . Running to the touchlines really early in the tackle count with low percentage plays and getting dragged out  both led  to tries and being under the cosh , and going shortside with a ridiculous forward pass led to another . 

1 hour ago, bigapple said:

Firstly well done to Haven wanted it far more than us ,everything has ready been said re lack of numbers,bad luck etc and I'm sure we will bounce back ,secondly an occasion celebrating one of our most dedicated players testimonial ( shirt auction in derwent lounge)could have been supported more by coaching staff/certain players/directors(TEAM SPIRIT!)

Well done Carl Forber UTT!

1 hour ago, Town Army said:

I thought exactly the same, 5/6 of our players in the bar afterwards, couple of directors and that's it. 

Very poor showing in support of Carl 

Not good was it...poor commitment from the absentees...maybe though they went off to lick their wounds rather than cry in their beer??

22 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

And there's me thinking we got beat because haven were head and shoulders the better team.

They absolutely battered us in the pack even though they had no props on the bench.

Their kicking game was far better turning us round or pinning us in our 10 on most kicks

Their tactics of constantly running at key plays like penky ,worked and nullified their impact.

And last but not least they had something sadly missing in our team passion.

Some times you have to hold your hand and admit ,we might not be as good as we think we are .We were lucky young bulman etc  wasn't playing 

22 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Ifs and buts  what might have been if this or that had happened doesn’t get away from the fact we were abysmal   looked tired and uninterested  and clueless at times and well out enthused by a much  better team performance  by Haven on the day. I said on here when LP was announced as new coach that if he proved half as good a coach as he was a player he would do us fine but after recent results  and some dubious decisions  doubts are  starting to appear as to his  credentials in the role.

If only we played with as much passion as them lasses at half time, some of the tackles they did were brutal and they were from the same school! 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Well I have let the emotions settle before I post.

This was totally expected by me and Haven fully deserved their win.

Derbies are a weird thing and over the years the form book has gone out of the Window and Local pride kicks in which was sadly missing by us yesterday.Leon was wrong to play down the emotion side and can he honestly say when he played in the Leeds Bradford derbies the coaches told the players to forget about local pride.Missing key players is a problem, and how many others are playing at not 100% due to lack of numbers we can only guess.IMO knowing Penky will probably retire next season we should have had Newts tied down as the Lad never let us down and looking at players like Forrester,Moore and Kurt were they really given a chance with a run in the team to prove what they could do.

Some do not like DR but to be fair the Huddersfield connection has provided decent players and in Mellor we have made a good signing and Dickinson also played his heart out.Young Farrell looks the Business but we urgently need some quality in the Centres to tighten up our defence.

Keighley will be no push overs and the only good thing at the moment is the top 6 all seem to be capable of beating each other but we need to keep in touching distance while we try to get some bodies back.

Anyone heard what the official crowd was ?

44 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Derbies are a weird thing and over the years the form book has gone out of the Window and Local pride kicks in which was sadly missing by us yesterday.Leon was wrong to play down the emotion side and can he honestly say when he played in the Leeds Bradford derbies the coaches told the players to forget about local pride.Missing key players is a problem, and how many others are playing at not 100% due to lack of numbers we can only guess.IMO knowing Penky will probably retire next season we should have had Newts tied down as the Lad never let us down and looking at players like Forrester,Moore and Kurt were they really given a chance with a run in the team to prove what they could do.

Some do not like DR but to be fair the Huddersfield connection has provided decent players and in Mellor we have made a good signing and Dickinson also played his heart out.Young Farrell looks the Business but we urgently need some quality in the Centres to tighten up our defence.

Keighley will be no push overs and the only good thing at the moment is the top 6 all seem to be capable of beating each other but we need to keep in touching distance while we try to get some bodies back.

Someone said 1900 but I thought there was a lot more than normal games probs the weather brought people out and we also got sunburn for the price of match entry ?

42 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

The form book didn't go out the window ,the inform team won .

Find it rather amusing some people calling for Leon to be sacked, when it was only 5-6 months ago they were desperate for him to stay. If he wasn't here, do you really think the club would attract players like Penky, Fui & Tickle? 

The travelling lads were certainly not to blame yesterday as some have said. Keys players missing and going through a rough patch, and us as fans should be sticking with them. UTT

49 minutes ago, Townie89 said:

Find it rather amusing some people calling for Leon to be sacked, when it was only 5-6 months ago they were desperate for him to stay. If he wasn't here, do you really think the club would attract players like Penky, Fui & Tickle? 

The travelling lads were certainly not to blame yesterday as some have said. Keys players missing and going through a rough patch, and us as fans should be sticking with them. UTT

The blame is to be shared. I think people are just expecting more from the experienced players. Most of who have played in several big derbies. So should know what it takes and what is at stake. 

31 minutes ago, townie88 said:

The blame is to be shared. I think people are just expecting more from the experienced players. Most of who have played in several big derbies. So should know what it takes and what is at stake. 

I agree but the experienced lads I mentioned can't stop tries being scored down our very weak flanks. Not sure quite what to expect at Keighley, they are playing well and would actually be 3rd if it wasn't for the points deduction 

18 hours ago, troutmaster said:

I think we are being a little unfair on the travelling haven supporters,i agree that they all seem to have congregated at the end of the popular side but there was a good set of them in the stand and in the enclosure,but has I have said to H13 I did not think they were more than the townies.I was surprised to see quite a few people that haven't been to games of late, but they are more than welcome to come back and hopefully we can put on a better show than today.I have heard certain rumours regarding Karl (olstrum) and I certainly hope that they are not true, but it will come out eventually,and on a side note,it seems to be going around that we have the money to bring in new players, so, why is there a delay has we need them ASAP.....  

Forum moderator talking about rumours and naming players? 

3 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Forum moderator talking about rumours and naming players? 

Thanks Jim,I am sorry I have posted a reply on our forum.I seemed to have posted has troutmaster and not has the moderator,but excuse me if I am wrong to do so has I do want to upset anyone,but I am confused with the reply has I remember sometime last year you actually put your name forward to come on the site has a moderator but,for some reason you declined for whatever the excuse has you had to work along side me,but you had some pressing other reasons but, that didn't bother me so why I may ask what gives you the reason to not allow me to post on our site.I will take your post and put it where it belongs, in the bin.If you do not like me to post you have the excuse to contact John Drake@Admin and have me removed..Thankyou…..         

Archived