Good Friday

townie88

5 hours ago, Townie89 said:

Find it rather amusing some people calling for Leon to be sacked, when it was only 5-6 months ago they were desperate for him to stay. If he wasn't here, do you really think the club would attract players like Penky, Fui & Tickle? 

The travelling lads were certainly not to blame yesterday as some have said. Keys players missing and going through a rough patch, and us as fans should be sticking with them. UTT

I personally don't find anything amusing about yesterday's display. Fair enough the defence out wide was awful but surely if the forwards had pulled their weight we would have played more of the game in heaven's half and elevated some of the pressure put on the defence.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Chrome Dome said:

Not good was it...poor commitment from the absentees...maybe though they went off to lick their wounds rather than cry in their beer??

It's a long way back to Lancashire and Yorkshire. Unlike Cleator Moor and Maryport#buylocal

17 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Thanks Jim,I am sorry I have posted a reply on our forum.I seemed to have posted has troutmaster and not has the moderator,but excuse me if I am wrong to do so has I do want to upset anyone,but I am confused with the reply has I remember sometime last year you actually put your name forward to come on the site has a moderator but,for some reason you declined for whatever the excuse has you had to work along side me,but you had some pressing other reasons but, that didn't bother me so why I may ask what gives you the reason to not allow me to post on our site.I will take your post and put it where it belongs, in the bin.If you do not like me to post you have the excuse to contact John Drake@Admin and have me removed..Thankyou…..         

You don't have to justify any thing you post on here marra,i would think 99% of posters on here think you a great job in often difficult circumstances,but Jesus,Jimmy boy as a mod !! was Kim Jong-un too busy ?

All is not lost yet , I think there will be a lot of Teams losing points  as this is a very competitive league . not like last season when York and Bradford were  the top teams . So hope we get some players in .so we are not playing players out of  there preferred position ,and we have a better run without injuries , any Team would miss 3 or 4 of there starting 13 . So  stop all this negativity and get behind the lads . And move on .UTT FOREVER 

7 hours ago, Brad hepis heed said:

The form book didn't go out the window ,the inform team won .

I didn't say it had and Haven deserved their win but you are correct that Haven being Joint top made them the Inform team.

My Point was that over the years Form means nothing in Derby games and in general the team that wants it more tends to win.

54 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Thanks Jim,I am sorry I have posted a reply on our forum.I seemed to have posted has troutmaster and not has the moderator,but excuse me if I am wrong to do so has I do want to upset anyone,but I am confused with the reply has I remember sometime last year you actually put your name forward to come on the site has a moderator but,for some reason you declined for whatever the excuse has you had to work along side me,but you had some pressing other reasons but, that didn't bother me so why I may ask what gives you the reason to not allow me to post on our site.I will take your post and put it where it belongs, in the bin.If you do not like me to post you have the excuse to contact John Drake@Admin and have me removed..Thankyou…..         

Well that's putting it all out there !  Maybe a p.m. would have been the way to go ........?  

On 20/04/2019 at 08:12, bigapple said:

Firstly well done to Haven wanted it far more than us ,everything has ready been said re lack of numbers,bad luck etc and I'm sure we will bounce back ,secondly an occasion celebrating one of our most dedicated players testimonial ( shirt auction in derwent lounge)could have been supported more by coaching staff/certain players/directors(TEAM SPIRIT!)

Well done Carl Forber UTT!

I saw most of the directors in there.

Didn’t see the coaches though so the toys must’ve been out of the pram.

They were probably wanting to get home to eat their easter eggs?,But seriously,We do need a couple of centres,but my only complaint was,why did our coach decide to play the young guy from millom instead of sutton, and he could have introduced young smallwood has replacement hooker,but i am not the coach and Leon must have had his reasons..

7 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

They were probably wanting to get home to eat their easter eggs?,But seriously,We do need a couple of centres,but my only complaint was,why did our coach decide to play the young guy from millom instead of sutton, and he could have introduced young smallwood has replacement hooker,but i am not the coach and Leon must have had his reasons..

Why did he rest Danny Tickle for London and why did he let Penkywicz go on holiday? Defies logic.

8 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Why did he rest Danny Tickle for London and why did he let Penkywicz go on holiday? Defies logic.

Penky didn't look fit was struggling after 15 mins crazy to play him 

I don’t know it it was unfit , he tried really hard , but he was definitely undercooked and one of those days nothing came off and of course we struggled to gain any momentum for him . Injury it mentioned , holiday , I’ve no idea what the background was but it was a huge game to come right back into with no back up 

1 hour ago, GeordieTownie said:

They’d obviously done their homework on him.

I think most players and coaches will know exactly what Penky is all about, when he is playing well it's still difficult stop him homework or not. Fair play to him for jumping off the plane and putting his hand up although it obviously affected his performance on the day. We don't know what the story is behind his holiday but if the BOD and Leon granted it then the fans should let them make the calls. I'm just pleased he wears a Town shirt as he will undoubtedly win us games this season..

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Penky didn't look fit was struggling after 15 mins crazy to play him 

What!???

Couldn’t agree more , the guy absolutely busts a gut for us . Aside from his threat and being the hub of what we do his defensive work is immense . It really is a big load on his shoulders. 

1 hour ago, Town utd said:

I would go for blain marwood as reserve hooker,would inject some pace into the team,and would learn off penky, good young player who I've mentioned before would be an option?

I agree, he's only small in stature but has courage and good hands would be a great addition to the squad if we could get him, seen him play last year and was impressed. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

What!???

And just who should we have played in his place?? At this moment in time we have one recognised hooker and the only credible backup is likely to be unavailable for a very long time.    Newton was the natural foil for Penky but we declined his services for reasons best known to our coach. All told we are operating with an unbalanced line-up - heavy on forwards but woefully light on outside backs. Sadly I don't know where the next Tony Kaye or David Collister will come from, but as long as we operate with featherweight flank players we will continue to haemorrhage points. P

Penky top player just needs a rest for 20 mins then go again,then we will c the best of him, that's why I would like to c marwood with us, mark Tyson of egremont would do a job at center,barla international.also like the look of Farrell at half looks promising,

We do look unbalanced , particularly with unfortunate injuries to key players , and every coach says the same thing about getting in our face and smothering us up front to stop our go forward and try to stop  Penky getting on the front foot . Haven got off their line and controlled us from their really . And with the ball exploit our flanks , like putting Holliday against Rooke . He was excellent by the way 

12 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

And just who should we have played in his place?? At this moment in time we have one recognised hooker and the only credible backup is likely to be unavailable for a very long time.    Newton was the natural foil for Penky but we declined his services for reasons best known to our coach. All told we are operating with an unbalanced line-up - heavy on forwards but woefully light on outside backs. Sadly I don't know where the next Tony Kaye or David Collister will come from, but as long as we operate with featherweight flank players we will continue to haemorrhage points. P

I think Newton wanted more game time and Penky was going to be first choice again obviously.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

We do look unbalanced , particularly with unfortunate injuries to key players , and every coach says the same thing about getting in our face and smothering us up front to stop our go forward and try to stop  Penky getting on the front foot . Haven got off their line and controlled us from their really . And with the ball exploit our flanks , like putting Holliday against Rooke . He was excellent by the way 

Going into the season  with Fieldhouse, Mellor, Miller, Singleton , Litherland Hambley and Rooke we looked in a good place but that soon unravelled and now we're just too small and getting outmuscled.

Archived