Jump to content
townie88

Good Friday

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Your were well beaten in every position Friday marra you beat our team pre season having not played a game together no shame in losing to a better side 

Ok marra you rightly enjoying a good win but you have gone on a bit like you’re Sydney Roosters . Personally I don’t see you as a better side than ours , which is the worrying perspective for us . Your playing to and maybe above your parts , we are playing below ours . But the end of the season will see how it all comes out in the wash  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Ok marra you rightly enjoying a good win but you have gone on a bit like you’re Sydney Roosters . Personally I don’t see you as a better side than ours , which is the worrying perspective for us . Your playing to and maybe above your parts , we are playing below ours . But the end of the season will see how it all comes out in the wash  

We defo will pal keep looking up 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anok4u said:

Cause he's bothered the blokes a winner, are you in the changing rooms after every match? He's man management had us beating Bradford twice last season what's changed? We were beat on Friday by a better team it does happen you know! 

The bloke has a lot to learn, and a good player doesn't always make a good coach, Just look at the amount of players that have gone missing from the club for different reasons, traveling & work commitments ect, just look at the players who he has chassed from the club, players like Moore who was told he was not good enough, he definitely proved LP wrong om Friday,  but lets just see what happens this week with LP after all the goings on at the club over the last couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JMB said:

The bloke has a lot to learn, and a good player doesn't always make a good coach, Just look at the amount of players that have gone missing from the club for different reasons, traveling & work commitments ect, just look at the players who he has chassed from the club, players like Moore who was told he was not good enough, he definitely proved LP wrong om Friday,  but lets just see what happens this week with LP after all the goings on at the club over the last couple of weeks.

Take it you haven't heard the news 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, town4me said:

Take it you haven't heard the news 

Just went to back door to let the dog out and got a text from a X town player telling me that Price has left the club, well, onwards and upwards, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ll be putting CV’s in now . It’s how it is ... Dave Woods will be looking for an envelope 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Ok marra you rightly enjoying a good win but you have gone on a bit like you’re Sydney Roosters . Personally I don’t see you as a better side than ours , which is the worrying perspective for us . Your playing to and maybe above your parts , we are playing below ours . But the end of the season will see how it all comes out in the wash  

Haven on current form are head and shoulders a better side than us, hopefully that will change now Leon has left the building .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Haven on current form are head and shoulders a better side than us, hopefully that will change now Leon has left the building .

Not sure Leon leaving the building will have that impact. Of the 21 man squad listed on the website it will be interesting to see what the likes of ffmm, Penky, Hopkins and tickle do now. You’d have to think that Leon played some part in getting them here or in Penkys case I’m sure it said Macca had played a part. Reading a tweet he put on yesterday I don’t think he was happy at what has happened.  Fieldhouse and Miller both out, Litherland gone and Karl Olstrum. That leaves 14 bodies to put a team together, if they decide to stay 18 bodies. Half of that squad have signed 2 year deals or longer knowing Leon was in charge so they obviously didn’t have a problem with him coaching them. I’m not sure what has gone wrong this year but whether getting rid of Leon will suddenly turn us into a good team again I’m not sure. Whoever is appointed is going to have a hell of a job getting something from this season but hey ho it’s all part of being a town fan and you can only hope the board know what they are doing. Utt

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Not sure Leon leaving the building will have that impact. Of the 21 man squad listed on the website it will be interesting to see what the likes of ffmm, Penky, Hopkins and tickle do now. You’d have to think that Leon played some part in getting them here or in Penkys case I’m sure it said Macca had played a part. Reading a tweet he put on yesterday I don’t think he was happy at what has happened.  Fieldhouse and Miller both out, Litherland gone and Karl Olstrum. That leaves 14 bodies to put a team together, if they decide to stay 18 bodies. Half of that squad have signed 2 year deals or longer knowing Leon was in charge so they obviously didn’t have a problem with him coaching them. I’m not sure what has gone wrong this year but whether getting rid of Leon will suddenly turn us into a good team again I’m not sure. Whoever is appointed is going to have a hell of a job getting something from this season but hey ho it’s all part of being a town fan and you can only hope the board know what they are doing. Utt

Yeh I was thinking that . How the players react will be key , particularity those disgruntled with loyalty to Leon . And indeed if there’s a turnover now in the playing personnel . It’s all up in the air at present , and after entering this season full of optimism it’s all a bit of the unknown now in various areas on and off the pitch and we’ve got to hold the wheels together now and stabilise . We’ll see what transpires 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Very bizarre I have to say - unless he was injured.

Would say he'd have been desperate to be more involved against Brett & Callum

Maybe Leon was trying to take the emotion out and play what he thought was his best team. 

In fact if you take the emotion out of having the name Leon Pryce as coach and look at the performances we actually haven't played well and have conceded points all season. 

Didnt look like it was improving to me, 30+ points at London should have been the game that jolted a reaction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IanMac said:

Not sure Leon leaving the building will have that impact. Of the 21 man squad listed on the website it will be interesting to see what the likes of ffmm, Penky, Hopkins and tickle do now. You’d have to think that Leon played some part in getting them here or in Penkys case I’m sure it said Macca had played a part. Reading a tweet he put on yesterday I don’t think he was happy at what has happened.  Fieldhouse and Miller both out, Litherland gone and Karl Olstrum. That leaves 14 bodies to put a team together, if they decide to stay 18 bodies. Half of that squad have signed 2 year deals or longer knowing Leon was in charge so they obviously didn’t have a problem with him coaching them. I’m not sure what has gone wrong this year but whether getting rid of Leon will suddenly turn us into a good team again I’m not sure. Whoever is appointed is going to have a hell of a job getting something from this season but hey ho it’s all part of being a town fan and you can only hope the board know what they are doing. Utt

Good post marra...

  • Thanks 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Very bizarre I have to say - unless he was injured.

I can't recall him talking a ball in to be honest, maybe just there to fill a bench spot and spell someone off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2019 at 21:12, JMB said:

If LP is still coach at the next derby game I hope he doesn't make a fool of himself by putting a stupid comment on the back page of the news & star, (Forget the derby clash emotions) the derby clash emotions won the game for Haven today, its called pride and passion.

Aye but to be fair the passion boiling over to a sin-binning or two has also resulted in results garn the wrong way in years past.

One of the best Derby's I remember was when Haven were trying to mix it up with Luisi Sione and him not reacting at all. That seemed to rattle them more than the bit of biff they were expecting.

But yeah - If you're going to remove the emotion and go all clinical it would have been good to do things like play out our sets of six and the laal players not repeatedly coming in from the wing to be pushed back 5 metres and flattened by the Haven attack every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...