Results 13.4.19

Watched Batley Boys score two converted tries in the last nine minutes of normal time to beat Third Division rivals Millom 26-16. After a 4-4 (two penalties apiece) first half stalemate, Millom led 14-4 and 16-14. In a biting wind, not the best game. Both teams made too many handling errors and conceded too many penalties. In the first half there were several lengthy injury stoppages. Boys' No 8 lucky to receive only a yellow card in the 80th minute after appearing to kick an opponent. Played at Halifax Road, Staincliffe - where Boys will stage all their remaining 2019 NCL home fixtures. I was told Boys baulked at paying Batley Bulldogs £500-a-game to use Mount Pleasant. Crowd was about 150. Admission was free (Boys can't take a gate owing to the open nature of the ground), with an eight-page programme sold pitchside for a quid. Ditto raffle tickets.

Well the premier division table is quite open, I thought Thornhill would be better after beating Hunslet earlier in the year.

fair play to Egremont for leading the pack at the moment.

Pilkington are the best side I have seen in Division one so far which is proving to be tight at the top 

5 hours ago, Pascal Chimbonda said:

Hopping mad is that the same number 8 that was tipped on his head ? It’s hard to kick someone when your physically upside down 

I’m surprised milliom didn’t have two players in the sin bin for tipping in both half’s 

anyway division three is a open league by the looks off it 

19 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Played at Halifax Road, Staincliffe - where Boys will stage all their remaining 2019 NCL home fixtures. I was told Boys baulked at paying Batley Bulldogs £500-a-game to use Mount Pleasant. 

They have basically conned the NCL management (not difficult, admittedly)  into recommending their acceptance and thereby most of the NCL clubs

1 minute ago, Cutsyke Raiders said:

They have basically conned the NCL management (not difficult, admittedly)  into recommending their acceptance and thereby most of the NCL clubs

Why have they conned them? 

Batley didn’t say they were gonna play games at mount pleasant at all they offered to play a number games on the professional ground which will be midweek derby against dewsbury Celtic 

5 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Why have they conned them? 

Batley didn’t say they were gonna play games at mount pleasant at all they offered to play a number games on the professional ground which will be midweek derby against dewsbury Celtic 

I thought one of the Batley boys officials would of stayed behind to show Millom where to go. as we were walking round for 30mins not knowing where the ground was.

When there No.8 Kicked out it was a fair tackle.

Have to agree though Div 3 is wide open.  

1 hour ago, Hannant12 said:

I thought one of the Batley boys officials would of stayed behind to show Millom where to go. as we were walking round for 30mins not knowing where the ground was.

When there No.8 Kicked out it was a fair tackle.

Have to agree though Div 3 is wide open.  

We asked someone to but assuming they waited is a different thing 

On 13 April 2019 at 16:20, redbeckroad said:

West Hull 16-16 Wath Brow, West Hull penalty try to equalise.

Shocking decision to award the penalty try but when the same official shouts last on third tackle not surprising,still a good point away.

Archived