Featherstone on Friday.

spanishknight

37 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Can't understand Fev having a reserve team, they never get a chance in the first team.

As I've pointed out on our forum, that's totally incorrect...Jack Render, Jorge Richardson, Jimmy Beckett, Jimmy McDaniel, Kiedan Hartley...I didn't expect any of those reserve team members to play for the 1st team this season but they have all done so (barring Hartley who had to pull out in warm-ups).

The difference is, when not selected for the 1st team they still get gametime in the reserves...what happens to the York players whose places are taken by the likes of Joe Batchelor and Jordan Baldwinson?

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The difference is, when not selected for the 1st team they still get gametime in the reserves...what happens to the York players whose places are taken by the likes of Joe Batchelor and Jordan Baldwinson?

The ones that aren't injured play at Coventry.

You may be right there Robert. We have been down to bare bones with injuries and the additional six that we picked up at Widnes last week have not helped. Fev is always a difficult place to go and this fixture, for me, came at just the wrong time. Hopefully we have come through unscathed and we can soon get some bodies back on the park. There won’t be many York fans out there who wouldn’t have accepted fourth place in the table come Good Friday. Keep the faith everybody. We will bounce back. Onwards and upwards.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Terrible performance. Defensively we were awful. We feel well below the standards that have been set so far this season. The ref was poor but we gave way too many soft penalties away and some of our D out on the fringes was paper thin. Saying all this it’s obvious that injuries and the busy program over the Easter period means that Fordy has to juggle the side around. We do look light for me squad wise, the depth is a little worrying at the moment.

I'm sure the standards will return Monday but I can’t see us winning been honest against a very good Widnes side. It will need a massive improvement from tonight’s showing to see us get anything from Monday. The lads have done so well and I’m sure this set back will see us learn from it in the long run. Just hope we can get that shape and workrate back and we will be fine. This division is a tough league and we have done incredibly well so far. I’m proud of the club and the lads. Onwards and upwards. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

22 minutes ago, Andy Knight said:

Terrible performance. Defensively we were awful. We feel well below the standards that have been set so far this season. The ref was poor but we gave way too many soft penalties away and some of our D out on the fringes was paper thin. Saying all this it’s obvious that injuries and the busy program over the Easter period means that Fordy has to juggle the side around. We do look light for me squad wise, the depth is a little worrying at the moment.

I'm sure the standards will return Monday but I can’t see us winning been honest against a very good Widnes side. It will need a massive improvement from tonight’s showing to see us get anything from Monday. The lads have done so well and I’m sure this set back will see us learn from it in the long run. Just hope we can get that shape and workrate back and we will be fine. This division is a tough league and we have done incredibly well so far. I’m proud of the club and the lads. Onwards and upwards. 

Agree with all of that Andy K. The only thing I would add is once again our open field kicking, especially on attack on the last tackle,  looked pretty poor and consequently not enough pressure was applied on Fev. 

A bad day at the office, it looked like we'd got some lookalike temps in who'd never met before.

We lost....but Fev played out of their skins today; Chisom had something to prove to John Kear, which he did without a shadow of a doubt. Rest up for Monday. Best of luck to YCK Ladies who play the Dutch ladies (they were well oiled in the stand). Wish Connor hadn't thrown the Fev lads boot 20 yards away....seemed a bit churlish and tarnished his halo for me....

Archived