Featherstone on Friday.

spanishknight

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Only Tim spears can take any credit from that , very poor , fordy will have to do a lot of honest talking before Monday , come on knights you're better than that.

I think that is unfair on the rest of the team. They did not play well, lots of individual errors, BUT< they never stopped trying. Chisholm pulled the strings, and dragged the Knights all over the park, but in my opinion, playing two centres on the wings  was a disaster. Defensively, they were all over the place.

1 minute ago, YCKonstantine said:

Where did I say I was turning my back on them?

No you didn't , but I think garbage is unfair. Some "supporters" disappeared midway through the second half,  having done nothing but criticise the players. The same players who have taken us to 4th in the league. Hardly garbage!

20 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I think that is unfair on the rest of the team. They did not play well, lots of individual errors, BUT< they never stopped trying. Chisholm pulled the strings, and dragged the Knights all over the park, but in my opinion, playing two centres on the wings  was a disaster. Defensively, they were all over the place.

FEV played two centres on the wing as well

Tim Spears never stopped trying, think he did the full 80 minutes too. However we lack any kind of danger without Ash Robson, Carter and Mazive, the latter who I can only assume was carrying a knock? Even having just one of those players back will add a bit of unpredictability to the side. 

Thought Featherstone were excellent. It's a funny old league, they lost a few weeks ago at home to Dewsbury, the same Dewsbury who were unlucky to lose to Toronto but lost today to Batley who were themselves dumped out of the cup by Doncaster having beaten Widnes the previous weekend. Most teams can beat each other in this league, need to keep the faith as we are doing it tough at the minute. We are still in a good position, not expecting much Monday or next Saturday at Toulouse but after that there's some more 'winnable' games coming up.

No issues with supporters leaving a ground early or criticising, they pay hard earned money and have a right to voice their opinion. I would however question why, when there were 4 stands with a roof, we all congregated out in the open where any kind of noise disappears. The Fev fans in the touchline stand really got behind their side and used the acoustics in the stand to their advantage.

4 minutes ago, POR said:

FEV played two centres on the wing as well

...and a prop at stand off and a second rower in the centre and a very useful academy Leeds player in the centre too. This was by far Fevs best performance of the season. Chisholm led them around in style. Its a very level playing field once you discount Toronto.

3 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Tim Spears never stopped trying, think he did the full 80 minutes too. However we lack any kind of danger without Ash Robson, Carter and Mazive, the latter who I can only assume was carrying a knock? Even having just one of those players back will add a bit of unpredictability to the side. 

Thought Featherstone were excellent. It's a funny old league, they lost a few weeks ago at home to Dewsbury, the same Dewsbury who were unlucky to lose to Toronto but lost today to Batley who were themselves dumped out of the cup by Doncaster having beaten Widnes the previous weekend. Most teams can beat each other in this league, need to keep the faith as we are doing it tough at the minute. We are still in a good position, not expecting much Monday or next Saturday at Toulouse but after that there's some more 'winnable' games coming up.

No issues with supporters leaving a ground early or criticising, they pay hard earned money and have a right to voice their opinion. I would however question why, when there were 4 stands with a roof, we all congregated out in the open where any kind of noise disappears. The Fev fans in the touchline stand really got behind their side and used the acoustics in the stand to their advantage.

a lot of visitors stand in that corner at the start of the game but go and sit in stand behind sticks when their team is attacking railway end surprised you  didn't 

funny thing I stood with half a dozen knights back of sticks second half but they just wanted to be near beer hut???

5 minutes ago, POR said:

a lot of visitors stand in that corner at the start of the game but go and sit in stand behind sticks when their team is attacking railway end surprised you  didn't 

funny thing I stood with half a dozen knights back of sticks second half but they just wanted to be near beer hut???

Think a lot of fans think you have to pay extra for sitting. Its not like Odsal thankfully

14 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Pick the battles for me we have Batley at home and Rochdale away which are 2 winnable games. I would rather us pick up 4 points there and put in a performance with a few rested over the Easter period. We keep going but pride is still being shown in the shirt 

The thing is, all the top 8 teams will expect to beat Batley at home, and Rochdale away. We must pick up some points from those around us. We have already beaten Bradford, Leigh and Halifax, so it is not out of the question. We'll start on Monday, turn Widnes over.

8 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

The thing is, all the top 8 teams will expect to beat Batley at home, and Rochdale away. We must pick up some points from those around us. We have already beaten Bradford, Leigh and Halifax, so it is not out of the question. We'll start on Monday, turn Widnes over.

We as are probably a top 8 side who are performing well above expectations, we do need to be more creative at times in the halves and stronger in defence. 1st season back and we are 4th with a game in hand to Toronto/Toulouse/Sheffield is incredible! Although got to be proud of the boys, the limitations of the squad showed yesterday, its work in progress and we are progressing nicely. I would be really happy to finish 8th first season back in the championship above established sides like Batley/Dewsbury/Fax etc . If we can turn up for more than 15 mins in each half and try and restrict Widnes out wide we will do better again, Chisholm definitely made the difference for Fev yesterday he was the puppet master pulling all the strings. Roll on Widnes we have to be at 100% it's not impossible as Batley beat them a few weeks ago

Oh dear,

Chisholm pushed us all over the park, much the same as Thackeray did for Sheffield. York used to be able to do this against lesser teams but now we are up a league we are learning some harsh lessons. Out wide we have big problems both defensively and attacking. 

And a reoccurring theme of our bad performances over the past few years and even in some of our better results is we finish our sets terrible at times, we had about 3 satisfactory set completions last night.

The ref was awful as usual with some killer decisions at crucial times, he then spent the last 10mins when the game was gone evening the pen count which was quite clever on his part! But regardless of that we were beat by a better team on the day.

Fordy was doin a lot of head scratching and beard twiddling last night, stuff needs sorting out and fast, we were not far off but if you are off against good teams they beat ya.

Oh and finally we have to be smarter in the ruck, tackler 1 has to maintain the tackle until tackler 2 and 3 have regained their feet or the ball carrier will jump up and get a cheap pen, the ruck is a mess and the rfl are allowing the game to be ruined but thems the rules and we have to play as other teams do!

I don't think anyone will give us a cat's chance on Monday....but who knows dafter things have happened

Come on ye kneets!!

4 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

Oh dear,

Chisholm pushed us all over the park, much the same as Thackeray did for Sheffield. York used to be able to do this against lesser teams but now we are up a league we are learning some harsh lessons. Out wide we have big problems both defensively and attacking. 

And a reoccurring theme of our bad performances over the past few years and even in some of our better results is we finish our sets terrible at times, we had about 3 satisfactory set completions last night.

The ref was awful as usual with some killer decisions at crucial times, he then spent the last 10mins when the game was gone evening the pen count which was quite clever on his part! But regardless of that we were beat by a better team on the day.

Fordy was doin a lot of head scratching and beard twiddling last night, stuff needs sorting out and fast, we were not far off but if you are off against good teams they beat ya.

Oh and finally we have to be smarter in the ruck, tackler 1 has to maintain the tackle until tackler 2 and 3 have regained their feet or the ball carrier will jump up and get a cheap pen, the ruck is a mess and the rfl are allowing the game to be ruined but thems the rules and we have to play as other teams do!

I don't think anyone will give us a cat's chance on Monday....but who knows dafter things have happened

Come on ye kneets!!

Summed up perfectly to be fair. Onwards and upwards hopefully! 

11 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

No you didn't , but I think garbage is unfair. Some "supporters" disappeared midway through the second half,  having done nothing but criticise the players. The same players who have taken us to 4th in the league. Hardly garbage!

We cant all agree but what do you call it when an offload goes to ground and everyone just stands and looks at it while Chisholm races away under the posts?

We haven't been playing well imo for a while now, whether it be because of injuries or whatever else.

Let's just hope it isn't another thrashing on Monday or some "supporters" may start "turning their backs" after 3 drubbings in a row. 

11 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Think a lot of fans think you have to pay extra for sitting. Its not like Odsal thankfully

Must just been bulls fans that get charged extra to sit down at fev then.

york fans stick with your team it's your first heavy league loss. Still 4th with a game in hand, fax are 8th and 4 points behind Toulouse in 2nd. We've all basically got a free season with Toronto been odds on favourites for promotion. Leaves 4 spots open for the end of season lottery.

Well done for the amount of fans you brought to Post Office Road. A credit to your club. Some established championship sides find it difficult to rustle up such an away following. Dont despair on one result its a tough league and every one of us will suffer setbacks. Fev lost at home to a very talented looking Dewsbury side recently who in turn have struggled since with injuries to key players. Good luck.

Let’s be honest we’ve punched above our weight and probably caught sides off guard as they maybe underestimated us at first. 

At the start of the season before a ball was kicked/passed I had it in my mind that 16/18 points would more than likely keep us up. I’d have been happy just surviving and building a team that can become an established championship force like Batley/Fax or the Rams. Our start has way exceeded my expectations for 2019. We’ve been superb for the best part of it. Apart from Widnes with the 11 players and Fev yesterday we’ve been competitive in every game we’ve played. Yes, we might be a little light in players and depth in quality BUT we can’t match the likes of Bradford/Fev/Widnes etc for financial muscle. We need to build our fan base which is growing (money through the gate is such a vital asset to the club) and get the businesses in York onboard with the club (big improvement and uptake this season Benny C doing a cracking job) then watch us go. 

There is a lot of interest out there in the City in RL, a lot head over to Leeds /Cas I know but a fair few are now attending Knights games too. The club has done an amazing job out in the schools promoting the Club and the game, there’s a lot of potential new fans out there, it would only take one game seeing the Knights and I’m sure people would fall in love with the game and our club. We can average over 2 and a half K a game I’m sure next season. We have a superb product and a club to be proud of. We are putting championship and SL clubs to shame in the way the club is promoting itself via Social Media etc. 

Yes we got well turned over yesterday, yes we could get a beating again on Monday but this club has been a breath of fresh air in my life for the last few seasons. The chairman, Neil, Fordy and all the lads have all been magnificent. I’m so proud of the club and the way it has risen from the dead. We’ve come so far in a short space of time, it’s a pleasure and gives me and  many others great joy to be there on game days be it win/lose or draw. Come on guys, let’s not start moaning or running anyone down because we’ve lost a couple of games against a very good established side in Fev and a SL club that was relegated last season.

Not in my wildest dreams would I have imagined we would have 12 points 9 games. It’s been a dream start, we’ve excided my expectations. We have a club to be proud of, a club that’s moving forward, a forward thinking club, a club that has great standing in the community and a club that has the potential in years to come that could be in SL. 

Lets keep the Faith and get behind the club and the lads. We can make the difference by just walking through the turnstiles and giving the lads our full support. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

26 minutes ago, Andy Knight said:

Let’s be honest we’ve punched above our weight and probably caught sides off guard as they maybe underestimated us at first. 

At the start of the season before a ball a ball was kicked/passed I had it in my mind that 16/18 points would more than likely keep us up. I’d have been happy just surviving and building a team that can becomes an established championship force like Batley/Fax or the Rams. Our start has way exceeded my expectations for 2019. We’ve been superb for the best part of it. Apart from Widnes with the 11 players and Fev yesterday we’ve been competitive in every game we’ve played. Yes, we might be a little light in players and depth in quality BUT we can’t match the likes of Bradford/Fev/Widnes etc for financial muscle. We need to build our fan base which is growing (money through the gate is such a vital asset to the club) and get the businesses in York onboard with the club (big improvement and uptake this season Benny C doing a cracking job) then watch us go. 

There is a lot of interest out there in the City in RL, a lot head over to Leeds /Cas I know but a fair few are now attending Knights games too. The club has done an amazing job out in the schools promoting the Club and the game, there’s a lot of potential new fans out there, it would only take one game seeing the Knights and I’m sure people would fall in love with the game and our club. We can average over 2 and a half K a game I’m sure next season. We have a superb product and a club to be proud of. We are putting championship and SL clubs to shame in the way the club is promoting itself via Social Media etc. 

Yes we got well turned over yesterday, yes we could get a beating again on Monday but this club has been a breath of fresh air in my life for the last few seasons. The chairman, Neil, Fordy and all the lads have all been magnificent. I’m so proud of the club and the way it has risen from the dead. We’ve come so far in a short space of time, it’s a pleasure and gives me and  many others great joy to be there on game days be it win/lose or draw. Come on guys, let’s not start moaning or running anyone down because we’ve lost a couple of games against a very good established side in Fev and a SL club that was relegated last season.

Not in my wildest dreams would I have imagined we would have 12 points 9 games. It’s been a dream start, we’ve excided my expectations. We have a club to be proud of, a club that’s moving forward, a forward thinking club, a club that has great standing in the community and a club that has the potential in years to come that could be in SL. 

Lets keep the Faith and get behind the club and the lads. We can make the difference by just walking through the turnstiles and giving the lads our full support. 

Post of the year, well said Andy, little steps and we will get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late in posting this for personal reasons but never mind . Met up in Acorn and watched 2nd half of Hull derby then 12 of us set off in the club minibus to Fev. We had paid for hospitality this time as one of the 12 is  a Fev  supporter and promised us a good day. Sat in the club bar hoping to watch Wigan v Saints but apparantly they wont show Superleague games so we had to put up with LUFC streamed game. Anyway we had a very good feed before the game and could have watched the match from the dining room but decided we would watch it in the sunshine sat below the Fev fans. Got to give it to the home fans, they are noisy and constant though a lot of their songs contain a lot of effin and jeffin and going nurnurnurnurnur! Anyway swapped ends at arftime , a pleasant throwback. Game over, got beat, best team won by far and we know we are better than that. Thought the staff at the stadium were excellent and i can recomend the hospitality package. Got picked up about 9pm and as always ended up at BT for a few.

Archived