Challenge Cup Sixth Round Draw

andyram

CAS or HULL away would probably give us the bigger "pay day"............ don't think we'll have come out of the first 2 games with any additions to the coffers..................  Otherwise,  Doncaster at home to give us best chance of a last 8 spot

Gates have been very poor all round so far. Anybody who clings to the notion that the CC is really popular and just needs some sort of boost to get the interest back is fooling themselves.

If we get a SL club at home we might hope for 2000 at best, and probably much lower. It's a shame we can't play Batley (what happened to them, does anybody know?), so will probaably get Catalans away.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

42 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Halifax at  home .... could be worse!!  should be a decent crowd and we have a chance of winning!! 

I hope that you are right, on both counts. They only had 722 at home on Saturday.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

22 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

which hopefully means a decent crowd and a plum draw in the next round for the winners.

Catalans away..little jack Horner will have to pull out a better plum than that for whoever gets thru ????

I feel  sorry for Donny. A good  win  is rewarded  with a lousy away fixture. 

The Challenge Cup is not what it was for some strange reason. I  can recall some fixtures in the past were the atmosphere, attendance and the game itself were just magical. Will I ever see this again? 

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I hope that you are right, on both counts. They only had 722 at home on Saturday.

I would think Fax will bring at least that number over. ?

On 15/04/2019 at 21:25, Lupset Ram said:

I feel  sorry for Donny. A good  win  is rewarded  with a lousy away fixture. 

The Challenge Cup is not what it was for some strange reason. I  can recall some fixtures in the past were the atmosphere, attendance and the game itself were just magical. Will I ever see this again? 

I don't think that you will LR. I also remember such games but they were a long, long time ago.

Archived