Breyden Williame at the RFL Disciplinary..

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

You should watch the NRL . The utter cop out of onreport has made any card very rare . They’re trying to reverse that message but the onfield sanction is still woefully underused . Refs seem petrified to influence a game like that  

And by definition of not enforcing the laws of the game they simply encourage or at best don't discourage unlawful play, so the inaction of the officials perpetuate the problem! It's exactly the same with the police/CPS/judges, weak penalties for motorists and then we wonder why they still kill and maim in massive numbers.

8 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

And by definition of not enforcing the laws of the game they simply encourage or at best don't discourage unlawful play, so the inaction of the officials perpetuate the problem! It's exactly the same with the police/CPS/judges, weak penalties for motorists and then we wonder why they still kill and maim in massive numbers.

The 1 at thing I said to my son upon him passing his driving test was " well done son , but you now have a licence that gives you the ability to kill people , be aware of that fact every time you get into your car " 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The 1 at thing I said to my son upon him passing his driving test was " well done son , but you now have a licence that gives you the ability to kill people , be aware of that fact every time you get into your car " 

As a long time road cyclist (since the early 80s as a teen) the standard of driving has been really shocking for a long, long time, the government introducing death by careless driving was one of the worst things they could ever have done. This was because other motorists were reluctant to convict killer motorists for Death by Dangerous knowing full well that the actions were not any different to their own more often than not. The actions have been normalised and the punishments reduced or just not happen at all, even worse you get the victim blaming bullshizzle, hi-vis, helmets are the worst and used by plod to absolve killers despite the evidence that proves these garments are simply ineffective and massive red herrings to safety, then there's the excuses like kid stepped out right in front of me or the pathetic excuses of sun in my eyes, 'blind bend' 'came out of nowhere' crud.

This is almost mirrored on the rugby field, on report is taking no responsibility whatsoever, even at non televised games there are cameras that the match commissioner could look at and get the ref to come over and view it there and then. And then we come to the randomness of the disciplinary, how the hell did they see this as a one match ban, it's like that SoL hit on the Wakey lad a few seasons back. SoL gets one game because of his apparent 'previous good behaviour' but they (RFL disciplinary) have perpetuated his 'good behaviour' by not convicting him of his on field misdemeanours. Ex players they may be but frankly far too often they are clueless, fail to understand responsibility and also bio-mechanics, to say they are inconsistent would be a massive understatement!

In many instances on the pitch you see players doing all sorts, flagrant breaking of the laws, offsides/PTB are by far the worst two things on a low level but it kills the game as a spectacle but refs just let it go for the most part when it comes to offsides and indeed instead of continually warning players and instructing them, pen them until they get it sorted, I don't care if refs penalise every single tackle and march a team 90m. I don't care if any backchat is pen'd every single time and following up with yellows and even red if need be, I don't care if the ref sends two off and the game is no longer a 'contest' - though have seen my own team win against Warrington in the cup when down to 11 in the 80s. Just act and stick to the laws and the players will have to step into line or simply be penalised to death every single week. Complainers that the refs are stopping the flow of the game should do one and maybe understand that taking the hard stance will improve matters in a very short space of time

Making players think about their actions has to improve radically because the current method of officiating simply is not working and puts too much onus on the officials and not enough on the players, exactly how it is on the roads.

10 hours ago, barnyia said:

Bad technique and timing, a little lower, with head the right side and an arm wrap and it's a great tackle??, but no a one match ban instead, 

As I said à couple of years ago it would be  in the highlights as a big hit 

So what you're saying is, if it wasn't high, reckless and not a shoulder tackle it would have been good?

I agree. But it wasn't. That's 3 fairly significant reasons as to why it was a shocking and dangerous challenge! I'll add a fourth - it was off the ball. So had he been about a second earlier, it did have been a better challenge.

People can argue he was committed to the charge challenge, but in a way that makes it worse because that means he set out from the off to basically smash him with a reckless shoulder.

There was no duty of care. It resulted in a late illegal blow to the head of another player that luckily didn't result in serious injury. Red card and lengthy ban all day. A disgrace that neither has happened.

Lee Radford should be shouting from the rooftops about that considering the amount of red cards we've seen at Hill for less over the last 2 years.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

Was on Lyne

Looks like Shorrocks on Fifita - Grade A, no ban.

The shorrocks no ban is an absolute disgrace and the clowns making these decisions should be now looked at as they are making it up as they go. 

By the way the utter cop out in the NRL is the big decisions of not just foul play but also tries . I find it staggering with 4 officials how often they go to the VR purely as a comfort blanket to ‘ confirm ‘ what they already know and have called . Really is a mindset they’ve got into that needs changing . I can’t get anything wrong if I don’t make any decisions . Confirm that grounding I’m looking at is laughable . If you can’t give what you see you shouldn’t be there . It seems the refs keep the game tidy and the bunker makes the big calls 

3 hours ago, dkw said:

The shorrocks no ban is an absolute disgrace and the clowns making these decisions should be now looked at as they are making it up as they go. 

In his defence, from the dodgy camera angle I saw, it looked like he hit at the back of the knees, meaning he didnt go against the joint. 

On the flip-side,  the way he left the tackle, stepped back and fired himself into the legs looked nasty and reckless as any slight movement from the legs could have seen a very very serious injury. The tackler could have left the tackle and simply grabbed round the legs, but it is something we see a fair bit from Wigan.

58 minutes ago, Dave T said:

In his defence, from the dodgy camera angle I saw, it looked like he hit at the back of the knees, meaning he didnt go against the joint. 

On the flip-side,  the way he left the tackle, stepped back and fired himself into the legs looked nasty and reckless as any slight movement from the legs could have seen a very very serious injury. The tackler could have left the tackle and simply grabbed round the legs, but it is something we see a fair bit from Wigan.

As you say It was the way he left the tackle and sized up the tackle that showed it was premeditated and he knew what he was doing, I cant believe he got nothing at all. 

8 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Did he have the ball?

If he'd have thrown a dummy and willame would have stopped, willame would have looked stupid, he was commited to the tackle as connor passed the ball, his head was turned to go into the tackle, 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

If he'd have thrown a dummy and willame would have stopped, willame would have looked stupid, he was commited to the tackle as connor passed the ball, his head was turned to go into the tackle, 

If he'd a thrown a dummy, Williame would only have been high and using an illegal reckless shoulder instead of late as well.

If he was committed to that challenge, rather than just poorly adjusting last minute, then it goes from being reckless and looks more deliberate.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If he'd a thrown a dummy, Williame would only have been high and using an illegal reckless shoulder instead of late as well.

If he was committed to that challenge, rather than just poorly adjusting last minute, then it goes from being reckless and looks more deliberate.

It’s a poor tackle but I don’t think it’s late he still deserved a red for it. 

I'm quite chuffed he stayed on after all that.

After Sneyd, he was the biggest single contributor to the Golden Point opportunity. 

(Sorry to go off topic!)

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

12 hours ago, barnyia said:

I am happy to accept the argument that he was committed. The problem is the tackle he was committed to was a dangerous one. Late or not it's a red card.

I was reminded of the hit that Sam Moa got sent off for on, iirc, Julien Rinaldi. That one was even before the shoulder charge had been banned, and wasn't off the ball. Williame's was far worse.

21 hours ago, Dave T said:

As you say the only saving grace is that he didn't come in from the side. However, even going with the natural movement of the joint you can easily cause an injury launching yourself in like that.

The tackle itself wasn't the worst I have ever seen, but the worrying thing about it was the intent. I would like to think that no professional player ever goes out to intentionally injure someone, but this looked deliberate to me. He had a lot of time to think and size up what he was going to do. He could have easily just wrapped up the legs or grabbed an ankle, but instead he chose to launch himself at a planted leg. 

Very poor from him, and a terrible message sent out from the disciplinary.

Archived