England or GB

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I thought we had switched back to GB but the official rugby league website seems to suggest we are playing as England. Why have England watch if England aren’t playing?

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/54720/england-watch--super-league

England & GB is the same team...by bringing back GB it's created a utterly nonsensical situation of confusion that damages the England brand and a decade worth of development in the home nations...

But..ya know...it's not like I've been saying this for 10years...

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

I do agree that having taken the decision to play as Great Britain this year (and therefore not having any England matches until 2020), it would have been a nice idea to actually get behind the concept and put some focus on it.

Make it GB watch and you can then focus too on all the non-English players that will be in contention for a place in the team and squad. That includes any heritage players that are eligible.

14 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

England & GB is the same team...by bringing back GB it's created a utterly nonsensical situation of confusion that damages the England brand and a decade worth of development in the home nations...

But..ya know...it's not like I've been saying this for 10years...

You may keep saying it, but those in authority choose not to listen, maybe, just maybe they are correct and it is you with a futile argument, I would wager you will not put yourself in radio silence, or become blind to the TV screening of the games or even the information that will be available in print, if I had a 10 year grudge and was as vociferous against something as you are to the GB brand I would do the honorable thing and give it a wide berth.

For me, well I am looking at the travel arrangements to go "on tour" and back the lads with my support, when no doubt I will shouting "Come on Britain" can't wait, I hope everything falls in place to make the trip. 

12 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

I do agree that having taken the decision to play as Great Britain this year (and therefore not having any England matches until 2020), it would have been a nice idea to actually get behind the concept and put some focus on it.

Make it GB watch and you can then focus too on all the non-English players that will be in contention for a place in the team and squad. That includes any heritage players that are eligible.

I would sooner the team be made up with no heritage player's representing the GB team, I don't give a fig what other sports or countries do, I have seen all the arguments for their inclusion and do not wish to get into discussions on the topic again, simply I never liked it in the past and I don't like it now, but Mr Sinfield says they will be considered so I will just have to lump it.

GB for me but that's probably because I'm Welsh and so want to win something lol. I support England and have been to a few of their home games, but doubt I would go away to support them. I'll definitely look at travelling for the lions tour, even if there are no welshmen in the touring party. 

6 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I know there aren't very many, but surely there must be some?

The GB squad won't surely be all English?

Well, there might be a few aussies with grandparents in it?

Who, that is actually Welsh, Scottish or Irish, stand a chance at all?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

36 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You may keep saying it, but those in authority choose not to listen, maybe, just maybe they are correct and it is you with a futile argument, I would wager you will not put yourself in radio silence, or become blind to the TV screening of the games or even the information that will be available in print, if I had a 10 year grudge and was as vociferous against something as you are to the GB brand I would do the honorable thing and give it a wide berth.

For me, well I am looking at the travel arrangements to go "on tour" and back the lads with my support, when no doubt I will shouting "Come on Britain" can't wait, I hope everything falls in place to make the trip. 

It's not going to be on Grandstand at 2.30pm on a Saturday.

You can't bring back the past.

Nobody outside of rugby league is going to notice this tour.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Regan Grace

That's my ignorance showing. Hadn't realised he was a proper taffy.

Just now, gingerjon said:

Well, there might be a few aussies with grandparents in it?

Who, that is actually Welsh, Scottish or Irish, stand a chance at all?

You know much more about rugby league than I do. I'm sure you can come up with some non-English players that they might choose to include in the squad.

Some that I've seen mentioned are Regan Grace, Lachlan Coote and Jackson Hastings.

I'm just giving my opinion that I can't believe that there won't be any non-English players in the squad. I might be proven wrong come November.

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

You know much more about rugby league than I do.

This is unlikely.

Archived