Vote count 19-4 in favour of Ottawa Ottawa look set to play in League One next season after clubs approved their relocation from Hemel by a majority of 19 to 4, reports League Express. The four clubs that voted against were Hunslet, Leigh, Rochdale and Widnes. Both Ottawa and New York presented details of their bids to join the RFL structure in 2020 at a meeting of clubs last week.So this means we voted in favour? on another two expensive away trips, another two clubs overrich steamrolling their way through champ 1 and then championship. If I was a player I would be worried for in a few years time they might be expected to use all their floating holidays to go to these clubs or even worse two overseas trips in succession will be expected. Did our rep not think this through!

4 minutes ago, Plan of Attack said:

Vote count 19-4 in favour of Ottawa Ottawa look set to play in League One next season after clubs approved their relocation from Hemel by a majority of 19 to 4, reports League Express. The four clubs that voted against were Hunslet, Leigh, Rochdale and Widnes. Both Ottawa and New York presented details of their bids to join the RFL structure in 2020 at a meeting of clubs last week.So this means we voted in favour? on another two expensive away trips, another two clubs overrich steamrolling their way through champ 1 and then championship. If I was a player I would be worried for in a few years time they might be expected to use all their floating holidays to go to these clubs or even worse two overseas trips in succession will be expected. Did our rep not think this through!

There are other issues that you seem oblivious to....

Why isn't the upcoming game against TWP being televised on Sky?...is it true that you guys turned down the broadcast and wouldn't work with them to get it on TV?.....

issues like that.

Toronto apparently wanted to play on the Wednesday night, Barrow rightly refused this request as a bigger crowd will turn out on the Friday afternoon with it being a bank holiday, bigger crowd means more money being spent in the ground.  Toronto only seem happy when they are getting their own way, good to see someone stand up to them.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

There are other issues that you seem oblivious to....

Why isn't the upcoming game against TWP being televised on Sky?...is it true that you guys turned down the broadcast and wouldn't work with them to get it on TV?.....

issues like that.

Barrow offered to move it to 5.00pm but your saintly team spat their dummy out and refused to move it all! Now justify that kayakman! 

1 hour ago, steve75 said:

Barrow offered to move it to 5.00pm but your saintly team spat their dummy out and refused to move it all! Now justify that kayakman! 

Its simple...the broadcaster makes the call...you are shooting the messenger.

Now are you guys ready for the bi game.  Our jet setting international playboys are coming into town so lock up your womenfolk.

Morty are you ready for the 'Pack Attack' this time?

What secret trick do you guys have up your sleeve this time?  Sprinklers before game time again?

Is St. Lukes Fish and Chips still the best in town? 

49 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its simple...the broadcaster makes the call...you are shooting the messenger.

Now are you guys ready for the bi game.  Our jet setting international playboys are coming into town so lock up your womenfolk.

Morty are you ready for the 'Pack Attack' this time?

What secret trick do you guys have up your sleeve this time?  Sprinklers before game time again?

Is St. Lukes Fish and Chips still the best in town? 

They went through the RFL and Toronto refused the 5.00pm kick off - because they didn't get their own way. 

58 minutes ago, steve75 said:

They went through the RFL and Toronto refused the 5.00pm kick off - because they didn't get their own way. 

Sky dictates when it broadcasts...they have set times for certain things and a Toronto/Barrow RL match is not at the top of the priority list let me tell you...just put it down as an opportunity missed...flexibility... this is a word we need to incorporate into more RL decisions to grab and maximize all opportunities...hopefully lesson learnt for next time.

Now our Canadian lads are coming into Barrow and we expect the red royal carpet to be laid out for us.  How are you guys looking?  We are a lean mean rugby league machine at the moment firing on all cylinders and hungry for the win...

you?

13 minutes ago, cathy0987 said:

Did i read that right, your Canadian lads !!!!!!!!!! will they be with your supporters 

Listen Cathy, you keep your hands off of our angelic, innocent Canadian boys...they have been playing away from home (overseas) for quite a long time and are lonely.  Just like the Canadian soldiers we stationed up in that area during the war and you womenfolk took advantage of them and got pregnant and then married off to come to the promised land....dang war brides.

We are bringing our good, pure Canadian boys back home to Lamport in a week so hands off....we don't need any homewreckers...HANDS OFF!

We are coming for you Barrow...the Border Raiders are going down....turn those sprinklers off right now!

"Run With The Pack!"

4 hours ago, SJD said:

Good grief, what a buffoon! Stick to paddling on the park lake and stop trying to wind up the Raiders fans, by the way which player or coach has become Canadian?

Oh relax....

we have no chance unless we keep the sprinklers on my Canadian canoeist :-)

As for televising it ... guess what, no other game is televised for us so what's so special about Toronto that we should change our plans to suit your playboys or Sky's schedules ?

And why we voted in favour of two further transatlantic away trips is beyond me?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

17 hours ago, Plan of Attack said:

The expansion into North America will massively help the sport long term even if it means a bit of short term pain for whilst they are in the Championships. 

If we have 3 bank rolled well supported clubs from North America in Super League the sponsorship and TV deal conversations will be in a completely different league to what they are now. 

1 hour ago, morty said:

we have no chance unless we keep the sprinklers on my Canadian canoeist ?

As for televising it ... guess what, no other game is televised for us so what's so special about Toronto that we should change our plans to suit your playboys or Sky's schedules ?

And why we voted in favour of two further transatlantic away trips is beyond me?

You guys have said this before and then had some tricks up your sleeve so we are expecting a hard fought game from our old nemesis Barrow (aleways is).

Too bad the game could not be televised but that is the way  the cookies crumbles so be it..will it be on a radio broadcast so us folks over here can listen?

You voted in favour, being stand up, good folk from Barrow, simply because it was the right thing to do.

Best of luck in the game...I know it will be another close match.

P.S.  Some folks over there need to lighten up a bit...just a bit of rugby jest...take it easy Man!  What do you think is going to happen when someone from the Bronx gets on here?

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You guys have said this before and then had some tricks up your sleeve so we are expecting a hard fought game from our old nemesis Barrow (aleways is).

Too bad the game could not be televised but that is the way  the cookies crumbles so be it..will it be on a radio broadcast so us folks over here can listen?

You voted in favour, being stand up, good folk from Barrow, simply because it was the right thing to do.

Best of luck in the game...I know it will be another close match.

P.S.  Some folks over there need to lighten up a bit...just a bit of rugby jest...take it easy Man!  What do you think is going to happen when someone from the Bronx gets on here?

Will you be there? To join the other 2 Toronto fans ?

Boy you folks sure are in a sour mood up there except for scrumhalf....get a sense of humour.

Lighten up people...things are not so bad.

Turn that frown upside down and smile...today is a new rugby day!

2 hours ago, SJD said:

Am I ever going to wake up from this nightmare!  ?

The game will be over eventually and then time will heal all wounds...did you know that kayak spelled backwards spells, of all things, kayak!...betcha didn't know that did ya?

Archived