Fri 19 Apr: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 12.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/04/19 at 11:45

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charlie Birdsall and Keith Boxall to open the soft underbelly of HKR allowing the Imperious Sneyd to run things.

Hull by 18 in a fractious game smoothed over by moments of genius from Jake "the snake".

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Squads named.

For Hull there is still no Shaul, so Wynne keeps his spot.

Taylor, Matongo and Paea are in and Westerman is named aswell. Thompson, Nzoungou and Washbrook are omitted from last week's 19 but Brown keeps his place. Not certain he will play, but I hope so. If not I expect we will see him on Monday.

For Rovers, Garbutt, Lunt and Jewitt are in.

All things being equal we should win this by at least a couple of scores, but strange things have a habit of happening in these games. 

We should win but probably won't.

?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

Charlie Birdsall and Keith Boxall to open the soft underbelly of HKR allowing the Imperious Sneyd to run things.

Hull by 18 in a fractious game smoothed over by moments of genius from Jake "the snake".

Rhino was an exceptional player who mainly due to playing for an unfashionable club didn't get further recognition. Similar current players would be Liam Farrell, only Box was classier a;; round and had a deft place kicking boot when needed. was my first 'idol' who I thought was fantastic and I always wanted to be like him when I started playing.

Hull by 20, we should rout the red and white bin dippers, if we don't and lose then w'we' should hang our heads in shame.

9 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

The Hull squad will be confident.  A bit more grunt up front back, Taylor, Paiea, Matongo, Welham.  Got to get forward and create that platform.

Will it be Albert on the bench again?  

Record crowd forecast.

When I just read record crowd forecast I was rather sceptical so just popped over to the ticketing website. Bloody hell, didn't realise it had been selling that well! Assuming gray means sold out then you're quite right, almost whole place is full and the blocks not sold out only have a few singles dotted about. A full ground just adds to this excitement, this is gonna be a match for the ages I reckon! 

Bloody Hell, I had no idea tickets had sold so well. Two fairly ordinary teams in some indifferent form and the place has around 50 tickets left if you click on availability in all areas. ?

Should be a great atmosphere.

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Bloody Hell, I had no idea tickets had sold so well. Two fairly ordinary teams in some indifferent form and the place has around 50 tickets left if you click on availability in all areas. ?

Should be a great atmosphere.

I went to get tickets this morning. Ended up with 2 unreserved ones for the west upper. There literally aren't two seats next to each other anywhere in the bottom bowl of the stadium.

I don't really know why this one has sold so well when derby attendances have been slowing falling in recent years, but we seem to be looking at comfortably over 20k. Maybe even upwards of 22k.

35 minutes ago, MZH said:

I went to get tickets this morning. Ended up with 2 unreserved ones for the west upper.

Enjoy it up there with our East Hull friends...

Just to compound matters, the ragtag crew will be dashing to the Whalebone straight after the game to watch the Pies v Stains

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

On 17/04/2019 at 16:55, Old Frightful said:

We should win but probably won't.

?

I'm very optimistic that Hull will win and win well.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 hours ago, MZH said:

I went to get tickets this morning. Ended up with 2 unreserved ones for the west upper. There literally aren't two seats next to each other anywhere in the bottom bowl of the stadium.

I don't really know why this one has sold so well when derby attendances have been slowing falling in recent years, but we seem to be looking at comfortably over 20k. Maybe even upwards of 22k.

Could it be the fact that there hasn't been a Good Friday derby at the KCOM for a few years? There hasn't been one since 2015 and that game was the last attendance over 20k.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

18 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I'm very optimistic that Hull will win and win well.

I best buy another bottle of single malt then...

Archived