Fri 19 Apr: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 12.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/04/19 at 11:45

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Logan learned well from his time at the Wolfpack.

Old Frightful has always championed him.  No doubt he’ll be the roast of the Whalebone tonight.

Sounded as if there was some great free running rugby 2nd half and Albert Kelly having a dig too,  although Radio Humberside had Thaler scoring his try near the end at one stage.

Lee Crooks providing summary.  Listening to him, you wouldn’t think he’d ever played in black and white.  Amazing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lowdesert said:

Old Frightful has always championed him.  No doubt he’ll be the roast of the Whalebone tonight.

Sounded as if there was some great free running rugby 2nd half and Albert Kelly having a dig too,  although Radio Humberside had Thaler scoring his try near the end at one stage.

Lee Crooks providing summary.  Listening to him, you wouldn’t think he’d ever played in black and white.  Amazing.

I would have loved to have been there...soon....once we are in SL...soon!

55 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Good to see Hull winning their cup final. They can go back to ignoring winning the league for another season.

Our cup final?!?!

Fantastic! ???

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

53 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

One score game at half time finishes 56-12 to Hull FC.

Your almost feel sorry for KR fans but the long weekend may soften the blow

I rather doubt it.

Goes without saying that I am very pleased with that. Can't knock the efforts of anyone in a Hull shirt, they all played their part. I thought even when it was tight in the first half we looked much the better side. Just a few errors were inviting Hull KR onto our line. Once we started to take control and express ourselves a bit there were some excellent tries.

Pleased with Wynne. He made a couple of mistakes early and nearly cost us again with that daft offload. He could have gone to pieces in that environment but he settled down and made some really good contributions.

That said we looked incredibly dangerous when our 3 key playmakers were on together. Interesting that despite being at FB, Connor was playing at first reciever most of the time and Kelly was roaming around playing the usual FB role. It worked really well.

Really happy for Jack Logan aswell. At the end of last year I thought we had probably seen the last of him in a Hull shirt, but he has got this chance and has taken it with both hands. Even without the tries I thought he played very well.

As for the 2 yellow cards, I thought Crooks was unlucky. It was definitely a penalty, but didn't really make contact with the head. Taylor definitely a yellow for the tag on the neck.

Had Taylor not done that though, we wouldn't have even received a penalty as the ref only checked it after the scrap. He'd signalled a Rovers penalty at first. Sometimes you DO need to take it into your own hands, it seems!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Anyone heard from our good friend Steve? Or Deadshot Keen?!

Jeez, I'd forgotten all about him.

Just like to say a big congrats to Jack Logan on his splendid derby hat trick, seems my long standing support for him has given him the confidence he needed....

*cough*

On 18/04/2019 at 18:34, Old Frightful said:

I best buy another bottle of single malt then...

Enjoyed the pale ale.

Must remember not to swing on the curtains when we beat Rovers though.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

9 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Enjoyed the pale ale.

Must remember not to swing on the curtains when we beat Rovers though.

I'd already drawn that conclusion.

On 19/04/2019 at 14:56, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I was at the good friday game in '82 I think it was at the boulevard when it was the highest post war attendance of just over 20k, that was absolute rocking, only a few other sporting events have topped that day to be honest even though I was not quite a teenager.

Highest crowd at the Boulevard do you mean? Obviously been topped a few times in the post war era (league and cup) with the 95000 the No 1. I was present at that game also, April 1983, 20,500 saw Hull more or less clinch their last championship trophy (!!!).

1 hour ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Highest crowd at the Boulevard do you mean? Obviously been topped a few times in the post war era (league and cup) with the 95000 the No 1. I was present at that game also, April 1983, 20,500 saw Hull more or less clinch their last championship trophy (!!!).

'Was' is past tense and I specifically stated the Boulevard as it was in relation to Good friday derby games so I thought that was pretty clear already. The Wembley final was not on a good friday and was not in the subject matter of a good friday league derby game.

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

'Was' is past tense and I specifically stated the Boulevard as it was in relation to Good friday derby games so I thought that was pretty clear already. The Wembley final was not on a good friday and was not in the subject matter of a good friday league derby game.

"Specifically" does not equate to "think it was at"...with regards to only the Good Friday derby games in 1953 Rovers drew 27670 ...

Archived