Thu 18 Apr: SL: Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/04/19 at 18:45

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cas seem slightly better equipped to cope with their injuries than Wakefield do imo, so based on that and home advantage I will go for Cas by 10.

Looking forward to the forward battle though. Watts v Fifita should be tasty.

3 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Last time I looked bookies had wakey +12 , far from confident about a win but that start looks extremely generous 

Agree, had a few sheckles on Wakey based on that.

Who will be the most likely left wing and centre partnership for Wakey?

On 17/04/2019 at 17:19, Agbrigg said:

Last time I looked bookies had wakey +12 , far from confident about a win but that start looks extremely generous 

I was really surprised to see how big the handicap was for two teams with the same number of points. I know Wakefield have a lot of players missing but Castleford aren't exactly at full strength themselves.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

20 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I was really surprised to see how big the handicap was for two teams with the same number of points. I know Wakefield have a lot of players missing but Castleford aren't exactly at full strength themselves.

Our record against Cas the last few years is pants, plus WR is a tough place to go, so all in all seems about right to me.

16 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Our record against Cas the last few years is pants, plus WR is a tough place to go, so all in all seems about right to me.

Fair enough, I'm sure you're a better judge of your team's prospects than I am.

Still tempted though...

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Cas 12:0 up after 16 minutes. Sene-Lafeo was injured in the scoring of the second try, though

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

And Cas go in again! Big break from Aston, then some good passing near the line left a gap for Clare to run through in the corner.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cory Aston has had to wait a bit for his chance, but he's just scored his first try for Cas.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived