Sonny Bill to Catalan?

Basically, that clickbait article links the Judas Weasel with pretty much every rich club in either code.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Judas?

Yes; untrustworthy right down to the sub-atomic level. Put your faith in him, and he will let you down without a hint of remorse.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

48 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I would say that it's s shame but having been there a few times when I was at uni I will say it is definitely not a shame

Is the biscuit factory still there?

It was living on borrowed time for a few years, it’s been converted and fitted out as a gym now. 

Fox’s biscuits is still going strong?

9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Basically, that clickbait article links the Judas Weasel with pretty much every rich club in either code.

That title belongs fairly and squarely to Mr Edwards image.png.44192238be0a73bae66c047a3baaeb5f.pngimage.png.b7d55b9379b9c44d88cbe785d835fd7d.png

So don't be misusing it now.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Fantastic player

Managed his career very well and switching codes between world cups got him max exposure. Fair play

If I was coming up from down under for a last pay day wonder what I would choose. The Med, sunshine, beaches and fine cuisine v The M62 corridor

1 hour ago, headtackle said:

Fantastic player

Managed his career very well and switching codes between world cups got him max exposure. Fair play

If I was coming up from down under for a last pay day wonder what I would choose. The Med, sunshine, beaches and fine cuisine v The M62 corridor

Agree a very very good player. Only issue would be how many games will he be fit for in a season? 

Injuries are catching up with him sadly. 

If he can play 20 out of 30 SL rounds he would definitely make a difference as is a great player. 

Catalans would have to spend big to get him though as surely Union clubs will be offering him considerable wedge in France and they would have to get near this!

Catalans have more than enough good forwards. Their top back rowers are Greg Bird, Jason Baitieri, Benjamin Garcia, Benjamin Jullien, Kenny Edwards, and Matt Whitley.  They don't need SBW. 

Israel Folau would be a better investment. Izzie could play full back, Tony Gigot goes to centre with Brayden Williame, and David Mead moves to the wing. Three other players  - Lewis Tierney, Fouad Yaha, and Jodie Broughton fight for one other wing spot, or better still, one of those three transfers to Toulouse.

12 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Catalans have more than enough good forwards. Their top back rowers are Greg Bird, Jason Baitieri, Benjamin Garcia, Benjamin Jullien, Kenny Edwards, and Matt Whitley.  They don't need SBW. 

Israel Folau would be a better investment. Izzie could play full back, Tony Gigot goes to centre with Brayden Williame, and David Mead moves to the wing. Three other players  - Lewis Tierney, Fouad Yaha, and Jodie Broughton fight for one other wing spot, or better still, one of those three transfers to Toulouse.

SBW would be a Prop imo. And a fine one at that too. 

Also if he's fit he's better than any of the forwards quoted by a long way with the exception of Edwards who he is still better than. This man basically made the offload a thing. He's a phenomenon. 

As for Folau, he would want a fortune to play (at least 500k euros if not alot more as he can earn big in Japan) , would not fit team culture (Dracs love a drink it seems) and has never played in Europe.

In RL, I would see him as a Winger. I don't see him playing FB, leave Gigot there, he's made it his own. Yaha is a key player too and surely can figure in the back row if not Wing so would not want to loose him.  Ultimately while Folau is  a brilliant talent, theres far too many issues. 

I would take a healthy SBW anyday over Folau for a RL team. 

SBW might end up at the NZ Warriors on a one year deal for 2020 though I feel..... Just a hunch. 

Folau to Japanese Union once everything settles.

6 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

leave Gigot there, he's made it his own.

Gigot to Section Paloise (Pau RU) on big money is a strong rumour currently. Shame for France RL if he goes.

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

Gigot to Section Paloise (Pau RU) on big money is a strong rumour currently. Shame for France RL if he goes.

That would be a real shame for RL in France And SL. 

I wonder what he's paid at Les Dracs and what he's being offered to move codes. 

Would have to a be FB in Union. Can't really see him at FH or Centre in Union. 

Archived