1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Brexit Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Change UK (formerly Independent Group)
    • Greens
    • Other
  2. 2. Is this a different party from who you’d vote for if Brexit didn’t exist?

• Yes, my vote is different because of Brexit
    • No, this is who I’d vote for if Brexit suddenly disappeared

I’m interested in your views on the EU elections given it looks more likely they’ll go ahead than not.

This is NOT the Brexit thread. Any non-election stuff will be moved or deleted.

I’ll be voting for the Change UK lot.  They’ve virtually no chance out this way in East Anglia though but I’ll be damned if I’m going to vote for any of the three mainstream parties in the area.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I too will be damned if I am going to vote for the mainstream parties. They have failed to deliver on their last GE manifesto commitment to leave the EU so I will vote for a party that claims to do what it says on the tin. Brexit Party for me.

Whatever you think of Farage, he’s pulling a blinder with his election strategy. Nothing complex, just Brexit.  Compare that against the Tories who are too split to have a single opinion, Labour who are led by a hard Brexiteer in disguise, Lib Dems who offer nothing and are utterly rudderless or UKIP who are the BNP in a purple coat.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Whatever you think of Farage, he’s pulling a blinder with his election strategy. Nothing complex, just Brexit.  Compare that against the Tories who are too split to have a single opinion, Labour who are led by a hard Brexiteer in disguise, Lib Dems who offer nothing and are utterly rudderless or UKIP who are the BNP in a purple coat.

Indeed, a very good manipulator of a situation. This is one election where I will lend my vote to register a protest.

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

And also may I add the Tories are led by a Remainer as you put it in disguise, I don't think she has been given the credit she deserves, I believe her strategy was a calculated one to stay, she set out to cause friction within both her own ranks and in the house.

Imo Brexit party and Change UK will come top 2. Followed by Labour then Tory diehards. I see the regions pretty much breaking down the same way they did for Brexit itself. Everywhere in England except London going brexit.

There's no point voting for Tory or Labour in Euro elections, if anything it should give them a rocket up the backside about their popularity. 

For me personally I'll be voting for the Brexit party. Simple message with a simple purpose. Equally understand those who would vote for Change UK for the same reasons.

Labour and in particular the Tories will relaly hope these elections don't happen. If they do and there's an inevitable bloodbath, they'll probably bush it off as a protest vote but the Tories will lurch further right in their next choice of leader to capture the "Brexit Party" vote. Having learned nothing in 5 years.

I'll wait to see who's standing and what for before deciding. I won't be in the country so I'll need a postal vote.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

I really can't understand anyone voting for a bloke who is nothing more than a puppet of a hostile foreign power claiming, falsely, to be a patriot.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 minute ago, Griff9of13 said:

I really can't understand anyone voting for a bloke who is nothing more than a puppet of a hostile foreign power claiming, falsely, to be a patriot.

I agree, but he has a very clear vision, it’s even in the party’s name.  Leave voters who still want to leave really have no other obvious home if they want a point to be made to the “establishment” (sic).

10 minutes ago, ckn said:

I agree, but he has a very clear vision, it’s even in the party’s name.  Leave voters who still want to leave really have no other obvious home if they want a point to be made to the “establishment” (sic).

He's a proven charlatan spinning over simplistic solutions to complex questions. And when it comes to sorting out the nitty gritty details of making brexit work he'll be nowhere to be seen. I'd love to see where his money is really coming from, preferably before the election rather than afterwards when it's too late to take any meaningful action against him. Some of his previous:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

If ever there was going to be a set of election less important or more irrelevant than this one I have no idea what it would be.

The likely outcomes are so absurd they belong in a play by Samual Becket.

Vladimir  "What's he doing now?"  

Estragon "Crying!"

Vladimr  "What's he doing now?"

Estragon  "Voting leave!"

Vladimir  "Life goes on!"

Close Curtains.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Understand , don’t understand , agree , disagree , the guy is a phenomenal drum banger for this cause and campaigns superbly while many of the rest are squabbling among themselves or the victim of total public disillusionment . And pulling the strands together , including being separate from the UKIP brand now , he’ll do very very well I’d say 

2 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

He's a proven charlatan spinning over simplistic solutions to complex questions. And when it comes to sorting out the nitty gritty details of making brexit work he'll be nowhere to be seen. I'd love to see where his money is really coming from, preferably before the election rather than afterwards when it's too late to take any meaningful action against him. Some of his previous:

I wouldn’t trust him to run a car boot sale stall honestly. The man needs to be thoroughly investigated.  But that’s not the point, it’s too late to do anything before the EU elections and his message will hit home.  Lots of folk will vote for his party as a “protest” and not give a damn about anything else, or even if Farage were promising that the UK would be sold to Trump’s holding company for £1 post-Brexit.

Lib Dem despite the incompetence of the leader. I think the likes of Swinson and Brake are doing as much as they can with the cluster of a situation. They are also a true anti-Brexit Party (along with the SNP); the jury is still out on the Change lot IMO. 

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Lib Dem despite the incompetence of the leader. I think the likes of Swinson and Brake are doing as much as they can with the cluster of a situation. They are also a true anti-Brexit Party (along with the SNP); the jury is still out on the Change lot IMO. 

Really? I thought that being anti brexit was the one issue they all had in common.

33 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

We spoke about this on the other thread - naivety, being manipulated and an unwillingness to listen to views that go against their own perceptions. That’s the UK political scene currently. 

Personally, I’d always take the opposite view to whatever the Russians want as it’ll never be good for our nation. 

The whole political scene is upside down and in flux unlike any time in ages . Disillusionment , the toxic nature of the main parties in many quarters , new players , old players re-emerging rebranded etc etc . It’s all very unpredictable and different . Most interesting here will be how many actually vote , given the anonymity of these elections traditionally 

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I noticed this was done by Opium Research were Apomorhine.org and LSD Polls also consulted? Seemed very appropriate to me.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 minutes ago, ckn said:

I wouldn’t trust him to run a car boot sale stall honestly. The man needs to be thoroughly investigated. 

I would say that about just about any politician across any party. What they say and what they do are two completely different things. They have their own agenda, rather than what the majority of people that voted for them want. I hope the big 3 Parties get a real backside kicking. The problems in the UK are probably mirrored across much of the EU and why you see a number of lands that have joint party leadership now.

I will be voting Lib Dem. The alternative, which I will consider but probably reject, is Green.

Even if we're only in for a few more weeks after the vote I still want people who are going to positively engage with the actual job of being an MEP. I don't believe Change UK stand for anything, Labour are a sick joke and none of the rest are remotely aligned with me. If I were in Wales I might lean towards Plaid Cymru, if I were in Scotland I would rather hurl myself off the Shetland ferry than vote SNP.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Griff9of13 said:

Are you talking about Corbyn (Putins poodle) or Farage (Trumps puppet) ?

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

21 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I will be voting Lib Dem. The alternative, which I will consider but probably reject, is Green.

Even if we're only in for a few more weeks after the vote I still want people who are going to positively engage with the actual job of being an MEP. I don't believe Change UK stand for anything, Labour are a sick joke and none of the rest are remotely aligned with me. If I were in Wales I might lean towards Plaid Cymru, if I were in Scotland I would rather hurl myself off the Shetland ferry than vote SNP.

If I lived in Scotland, I’d vote SNP without a second of hesitation.

1 minute ago, ckn said:

If I lived in Scotland, I’d vote SNP without a second of hesitation.

Yes, I'm aware that you have a different opinion of the jobbing chancers with their love of cuts and lies about civic nationalism than I do.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived