1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Brexit Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Change UK (formerly Independent Group)
    • Greens
    • Other
  2. 2. Is this a different party from who you’d vote for if Brexit didn’t exist?

• Yes, my vote is different because of Brexit
    • No, this is who I’d vote for if Brexit suddenly disappeared

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horseshoe theory in action.

IMG_20190417_201739.thumb.jpg.1760afcab9a061472180806cfd453397.jpg

Wonder how this will go down with the true blue Tory types knowing that they are in the same camp as a bloke too left wing for the current Labour party?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

"In just five weeks’ time, Britain will have a referendum on Brexit. This will take the form of elections to the European parliament, but in reality this will be a pre-referendum, or, if you like your neologisms ugly, a preferendum. So there is now one simple task: to maximise the vote for parties that support a confirmatory referendum on Brexit, giving the British people a democratic choice between accepting the negotiated Brexit deal and remaining in the EU. "

Oh no it isn't!

It's an excercise in futility; where a bunch of people who don't want to be there, aren't interested in what goes on or how it works there and are intent on causing as much trouble as they can while being there will be elected to represent our interests er .... there.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

7 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

This is strating to make sense now - I've balanced out some Labour / Tory voters who vote the "other way"

Pro-Brexit voters -  46%
Pro-EU voters - 49%

It's still split down the middle within a few percentage points.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

46 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Could this be the lowest turn out in any UK election?

Police & Crime Commissioners typically get turnout in the 20 - 30% region

I wouldn't expect the Euros to be that poor. 

Just now, Shadow said:

Police & Crime Commissioners typically get turnout in the 20 - 30% region

I wouldn't expect the Euros to be that poor. 

I thought some areas had a drop down to the mid-teens for those?

Turnout in 2014 was 35.6% if we want to compare it to the last time round.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

18 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I thought some areas had a drop down to the mid-teens for those?

Turnout in 2014 was 35.6% if we want to compare it to the last time round.

I'll be honest, I took the information from the 2016 BBC report as a backup to what I know of Wiltshire's turnout (24%) 

Edit

Linky

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

I think the opposite for a Euro. People will be more motivated than usual to turn out. 

Sadly from my perspective, it seems to be cliff-edge supporting parties that will be more motivated to come out. 

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I think I'll wait until the campaign starts in earnest( it the elections ever happen that is) because its only by seeing the positioning of party/candidate that I'll decide.

We (Lib Dems) are currently working on the assumption we are in a pre-election period for expenses 

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

Don't think it will compare to General Election turn out figures, but I expect given the strength of feeling on both sides, it should be higher than you'd expect for a EU elections.

Anyone bothering to have an opinion on our EU membership who can't be bothered to vote, really should have a look at themselves, its not like every opinion isn't going to be catered for by one of the parties!

2 hours ago, shrek said:

Anyone bothering to have an opinion on our EU membership who can't be bothered to vote, really should have a look at themselves, its not like every opinion isn't going to be catered for by one of the parties!

But this is not a vote about Europe, it's just another element of all this that achieves nothing and goes nowhere!

If you vote main party you're electing for out, if you vote brexit of which ever description you're voting for the same thing, if you vote Libdem they'll keep one or other of the leave parties in power!

Having said that it is a vote for the cross and self-satisfied where once they've voted they'll be no less angry but quite a bit more arrogant, puffed up and self-congatulatory. So it's an ill wind!

19 hours ago, gingerjon said:

it’s safe to assume that anyone who votes Tory in this election is okay with their vote being perceived as an endorsement of May’s deal.

I suppose that's why the price on the Mad Hatter's hat hasn't gone decimal yet, the lunacy continues!

3 hours ago, shrek said:

I strongly agree with that. I saw a Leave voter interviewed recently and he said he wasn't going to vote in the EU elections. Hearing that made me very angry.

It doesn't exactly show that he had a strong commitment to leaving. It's as if he voted for it three years ago, it hasn't been delivered, but he can't now be bothered to go down the voting station again to give MP's a kick up the backside to get it sorted. Probably got more important things to do - like going to the pub!

Despite being a Remain voter, I've always been one of those more willing to accept the outcome of the referendum and tried to take the view that we should do what the majority voted for. But when I see an attitude like that, it does make me rethink things somewhat.

1 hour ago, Griff9of13 said:

This will be a key influence on the vote. If you know anyone not registered give them a nudge.

Great and salient point . You can’t really complain about representation or the state of politics and the democratic process if you don’t or can’t be bothered to play any part or even be franchised . I always vote , many people over many struggles generations back fought for the right 

Archived