1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Brexit Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Change UK (formerly Independent Group)
    • Greens
    • Other
  2. 2. Is this a different party from who you’d vote for if Brexit didn’t exist?

• Yes, my vote is different because of Brexit
    • No, this is who I’d vote for if Brexit suddenly disappeared

Polling card arrived today.  While the tories are still on TV saying that the election might not happen.

I'm sure someone thinks this is a good plan (until the locals are over?).

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

For the record, I will not vote for UKIP but this appears to give ammunition to those that will. 

Going by the polls, not many will.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

7 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Going by the polls, not many will.

Is the one on the video the absolutely ghastly one who’s dodgy as sin or one of the others who’s a corrupt and worthless deadbeat? I find it hard to tell the scumbags apart.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

Is the one on the video the absolutely ghastly one who’s dodgy as sin or one of the others who’s a corrupt and worthless deadbeat? I find it hard to tell the scumbags apart.

Don't bother with the video, it will mess up your youtube recommendations.  (its Karl from Swindon's own video).

He's been around for ages, but not really doing enough to get on the MSM radar.  He's on there now and isn't having the best time.  

Perhaps every time he's on TV or radio this should be the first question asked. And then if he continues to refuse to answer the interview should be immediately terminated.

#FollowTheMoney

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 hour ago, Griff9of13 said:

Perhaps every time he's on TV or radio this should be the first question asked. And then if he continues to refuse to answer the interview should be immediately terminated.

#FollowTheMoney

He said he wouldn't divulge the single donor's name until July because - rightly I believe - if he is named then he will be hounded until the EU elections.  The donation is £100,000.  This fear was justified immediately by the lack of interest shown in the £2 million raised by £25 donations from individuals.  Don't Sky want to know the names of all those individuals too?  After all, in the interests of transparency and all that …

And Farage rightly asks who is funding Change UK.  

24 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

He said he wouldn't divulge the single donor's name until July because - rightly I believe - if he is named then he will be hounded until the EU elections. 

I agree. People trying to buy our democracy shouldn't have to put up with being "hounded".

Are there any limits at which people won't blindly follow their party? At long last have they left no sense of decency?

29 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

He said he wouldn't divulge the single donor's name until July because - rightly I believe - if he is named then he will be hounded until the EU elections.

Or he doesn't want to say before the elections because its from someone a bit iffy?  

We will be fully transparent after the elections when it's too late to do anything about it.  

30 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Or he doesn't want to say before the elections because its from someone a bit iffy?  

We will be fully transparent after the elections when it's too late to do anything about it.  

What does 'iffy' mean in this context?  Someone the left and/or remainers don't like?  Or someone truly iffy, say a Chinese communist or a Nazi or a Russian oligarch friend of Putin?  

34 minutes ago, M j M said:

I agree. People trying to buy our democracy shouldn't have to put up with being "hounded".

Are there any limits at which people won't blindly follow their party? At long last have they left no sense of decency?

You're right in your first paragraph.  Democracy isn't about hounding people.  

Er, the Brexit Party isn't a political party as far as I'm aware.  It's a campaign group.  And I'm not a supporter of it financially or otherwise (not that that is any of your business anyway).  I will be voting for it in the EU elections though.  

6 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

What does 'iffy' mean in this context?  Someone the left and/or remainers don't like?  Or someone truly iffy, say a Chinese communist or a Nazi or a Russian oligarch friend of Putin?  

Who knows until July.  

5 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Er, the Brexit Party isn't a political party as far as I'm aware.  It's a campaign group.

Don't they have to be registered as a political party with the electoral commission to be part of the EU elections?

3 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Don't they have to be registered as a political party with the electoral commission to be part of the EU elections?

Not sure actually.  I read somewhere on MSM that they weren't a political party but maybe I misread it.  I will investigate.

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

Not sure actually.  I read somewhere on MSM that they weren't a political party but maybe I misread it.  I will investigate.

I know the people giving money are being called supporters rather than members, which i'm not sure if its related.  

6 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Yes of course they do (did my investigations!).  Duh.

I wonder what it was that I misread?  Probably it was about another group entirely! 

Just now, Saintslass said:

Yes of course they do (did my investigations!).  Duh.

I wonder what it was that I misread?  Probably it was about another group entirely! 

It might be that until you register you are a campaign group so don't need to declare anything?  But after that point, you follow the set rules?

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

I know the people giving money are being called supporters rather than members, which i'm not sure if its related.  

Ah, that's it!  Although I don't know why I thought that was something to do with them not being a political party.  

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

It might be that until you register you are a campaign group so don't need to declare anything?  But after that point, you follow the set rules?

Possibly.  I can't find where I read what I think I read (or misread!) so I'll just put it down to lack of sleep/age/Brexit weariness!

2 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

Keep up the good work.

#FollowTheMoney

Look this is totally unwarranted harassment. We have no right to find out what dirty money is funding these chaos-causing racist charlatans.

23 hours ago, Saintslass said:

He said he wouldn't divulge the single donor's name until July because - rightly I believe - if he is named then he will be hounded until the EU elections.  The donation is £100,000.  This fear was justified immediately by the lack of interest shown in the £2 million raised by £25 donations from individuals.  Don't Sky want to know the names of all those individuals too?  After all, in the interests of transparency and all that …

And Farage rightly asks who is funding Change UK.  

There’s a reason there’s a £5000 limit in the UK before you have to be “outed” for finding an elected politician, it’s to stop the sort of outright vote buying that goes on elsewhere in the world. Now, either it’s above board or it’s just another bit of fascistic subversion of democracy 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived