1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Brexit Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Change UK (formerly Independent Group)
    • Greens
    • Other
  2. 2. Is this a different party from who you’d vote for if Brexit didn’t exist?

• Yes, my vote is different because of Brexit
    • No, this is who I’d vote for if Brexit suddenly disappeared

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

There’s a reason there’s a £5000 limit in the UK before you have to be “outed” for finding an elected politician, it’s to stop the sort of outright vote buying that goes on elsewhere in the world. Now, either it’s above board or it’s just another bit of fascistic subversion of democracy 

Apparently he doesn't have to disclose any backers until after the elections.  

Who is backing the Tiggers?

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one for those who dislike Corbyn for supporting the IRA and having issues with anti-semitism... 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Another one for those who dislike Corbyn for supporting the IRA and having issues with anti-semitism... 

Oh dear.  The Guardian really is desperate!

I've used the phrase too.  It isn't an anti-Semitic trope at all.  New world order can refer to absolutely anything.  In this case no doubt he was referring to the dismantling of Labour and Tory political strongholds.

37 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I've used the phrase too. 

Oh dear.

It isn't an anti-Semitic trope at all. 

I'm afraid to say it can be.

In this case no doubt he was referring to the dismantling of Labour and Tory political strongholds.

He definitely wasn't talking about the dismantling of Labour and Tory political strongholds when talking to Alex Jones.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

Oh dear.  The Guardian really is desperate!

I've used the phrase too.  It isn't an anti-Semitic trope at all.  New world order can refer to absolutely anything.  In this case no doubt he was referring to the dismantling of Labour and Tory political strongholds.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/labour-anti-semitism-conspiracy-theories-party-investigation-explained/

Don’t worry, the article is about anti-semitism in the Labour Party so it won’t upset your world view too much. 

No doubt when that nice Mr Farage uses such terms he doesn’t really mean it in the same way.   Definitely not.  

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

47 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I'm afraid to say it can be.

Well, I've never heard it used as such nor described as such.  You and the Guardian writer are the first I have ever seen describe it as such.  To me it just means what it says: things will change in the world.  The new world order.  If the two big parties are broken up then there will indeed be a new world order in politics.  That is the context in which I have heard Farage use that term so whatever he said in America will be in a similar vein I would imagine.

Just now, Saintslass said:

Well, I've never heard it used as such nor described as such.  You and the Guardian writer are the first I have ever seen describe it as such.  To me it just means what it says: things will change in the world.  The new world order.  If the two big parties are broken up then there will indeed be a new world order in politics.  That is the context in which I have heard Farage use that term so whatever he said in America will be in a similar vein I would imagine.

The Board of Deputies of British Jews thinks it is a bit anti-semitic too.

And Farage is most definitely not using it in the way you think.  

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The Board of Deputies of British Jews thinks it is a bit anti-semitic too.

And Farage is most definitely not using it in the way you think.  

I'd appreciate a link to what the Board of Deputies of British Jews actually thinks about the phrase.

I've no idea what the context is in which Farage used the phrase in the Guardian link.  I'm not interested either.  I've heard the context in which he has used it in person which was perfectly legitimate (as I described above) and that's that as far as I'm concerned on the topic of Farage and the Guardian's desperate attempts to discredit leave voters.

4 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I'd appreciate a link to what the Board of Deputies of British Jews actually thinks about the phrase.

I've no idea what the context is in which Farage used the phrase in the Guardian link.  I'm not interested either.  I've heard the context in which he has used it in person which was perfectly legitimate (as I described above) and that's that as far as I'm concerned on the topic of Farage and the Guardian's desperate attempts to discredit leave voters.

You are wrong on the context Farage uses it in.  He has used it for years.  He is talking about the New World Order who control the world behind the scenes, the shadowy puppet masters.  It's quaint that you think otherwise, but its displaying a massive blind spot about Farage and the company he keeps (Jones, Bannon, the AfD, etc, etc) and their mutual interests and dogwhistles. 

The Board of Deputies of British Jews said this in responding to the Guardian article -

It is vital that our politicians distance themselves from conspiracy theories and conspiracy theorists, including those who trade in antisemitic tropes. We would call on Nigel Farage to repudiate these ideas and to commit not to dignify oddball nasties like Alex Jones with his presence again.

You are wrong on the context Farage uses it in.  He has used it for years.  He is talking about the New World Order who control the world behind the scenes, the shadowy puppet masters.  It's quaint that you think otherwise, but its displaying a massive blind spot about Farage and the company he keeps (Jones, Bannon, the AfD, etc, etc) and their mutual interests and dogwhistles. 

The Board of Deputies of British Jews said this in responding to the Guardian article -

Firstly, I care nothing for Nigel Farage.  I'm voting for the party he has started up in response to the shambles (deliberately) created by inept May and her cronies in relation to Brexit.  Had that shambles not occurred and had we left the EU as planned on 29 March then I would not be voting for the party he set up.  As I've said elsewhere, I want my protest vote and his party is getting it.  

Secondly, I am getting tired of the same old attempts by remainers/those on the left to castigate leave voters by whatever means and my ears are now closed to such attempts.

Thirdly, from your most recent post it seems the Board of Deputies was responding to the Guardian article rather than to Farage himself.  From your quote it appears they are asking Farage to distance himself from those who use anti-Semitic tropes and related conspiracy theories rather than accusing Farage of doing so himself.

9 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

From your quote it appears they are asking Farage to distance himself from those who use anti-Semitic tropes and related conspiracy theories rather than accusing Farage of doing so himself.

Farage used these tropes... NWO, Bilderberg, globalists, Goldman Sachs bankers, etc.  Feel free to close your ears, but they are very well known old tropes and dog whistles.  

14 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Firstly, I care nothing for Nigel Farage.  I'm voting for the party he has started up in response to the shambles (deliberately) created by inept May and her cronies in relation to Brexit.  

How can you call your glorious leader inept if she deliberately set out to achieve that which she has achieved?

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

How can you call your glorious leader inept if she deliberately set out to achieve that which she has achieved?

People can achieve what they set out to achieve without being competent because of the manner in which they do it.

7 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Farage used these tropes... NWO, Bilderberg, globalists, Goldman Sachs bankers, etc.  Feel free to close your ears, but they are very well known old tropes and dog whistles.  

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I read the Guardian article.  I didn't want to because it just adds clicks to their ongoing efforts to discredit the leave vote but I did it anyway.  I'm glad I did because he didn't use anti-Semitic tropes according to the article.  He appeared on a show with someone who apparently has done so.  I've no idea who or what Bilderberg is and I don't much care.  The more you and others try and bash the 'Farage is a bad guy' drum the more my ears close, not because I think Farage is a good guy but because I know why the Farage bashing is taking place, and it's not because he's an anti--Semite or hangs out with anti-Semites or whatever the latest charge against him is, it's because remainers and lefties are scared excrementless as he is good at what he does - pulling in a crowd and motivating them - and he's on the wrong side of the debate for them.

4 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I read the Guardian article.  I didn't want to because it just adds clicks to their ongoing efforts to discredit the leave vote but I did it anyway.  I'm glad I did because he didn't use anti-Semitic tropes according to the article.

Are you reading the same article?  The one which directly quotes Farage?

5 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

The more you and others try and bash the 'Farage is a bad guy' drum the more my ears close, not because I think Farage is a good guy but because I know why the Farage bashing is taking place, and it's not because he's an anti--Semite or hangs out with anti-Semites or whatever the latest charge against him is, it's because remainers and lefties are scared excrementless as he is good at what he does - pulling in a crowd and motivating them - and he's on the wrong side of the debate for them.

Swap Farage for Corbyn and imagine your reaction to a lefty saying that.  

Swap Farage for Corbyn and imagine your reaction to a lefty saying that.  

Corbyn invited those with links to the IRA into Parliament after the Brighton bombing.  Corbyn praised a clearly anti-Semitic mural.  Corbyn has called Hamas his friends.  Corbyn just recently was exposed as having written a forward to a book containing anti-Semitic material.  Comparing what Corbyn has said and done with Farage in that Guardian article is really, really stretching to snapping point.  

And that's my final comment on this latest attempt to discredit the leave vote. 

Just now, Saintslass said:

Corbyn invited those with links to the IRA into Parliament after the Brighton bombing.  Corbyn praised a clearly anti-Semitic mural.  Corbyn has called Hamas his friends.  Corbyn just recently was exposed as having written a forward to a book containing anti-Semitic material.  Comparing what Corbyn has said and done with Farage in that Guardian article is really, really stretching to snapping point.  

And that's my final comment on this latest attempt to discredit the leave vote. 

When people tried to argue that the IRA were freedom fighters, or highlighted things the Army did in Northern Ireland, your stock response was -

Did the British plant a bomb in a bin in Warrington? Or Did the British kill 2 innocent boys in Warrington?

You used it 3+ times as a comeback in the Corbyn thread.  

You questioned how anyone could vote for Labour with an IRA supporter at its heart.  You questioned how anyone could vote for Labour with an anti-semite at its heart.  

And now you want to vote for Claire Fox and Farage you expect no one to bring it up?

10 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Corbyn praised a clearly anti-Semitic mural. 

A mural that actually referenced the New World Order!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

And now you want to vote for Claire Fox and Farage you expect no one to bring it up?

Stop misrepresenting what I said about Claire Fox.  I did NOT say that and you know it.

I said I would remain open minded about Claire Fox until I had concluded my research about her.

For your information, I have indeed concluded that research.  I don't know how the system works for EU votes because I've never voted in an EU election before (never wanted to give credence to a club I didn't want to be part of) but if I can do so then I will vote for Dr Bull.  I am too uncomfortable voting for Claire Fox.  Had she specifically stated that she had changed her stance on the IRA then I would have voted for her.

22 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

THE new world order, not A new world order.

Good grief.  

Oh that is outstanding.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

31 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

THE new world order, not A new world order.

Good grief.  

Even by your standards, that’s magnificent.  

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

58 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Stop misrepresenting what I said about Claire Fox.  I did NOT say that and you know it.

I said I would remain open minded about Claire Fox until I had concluded my research about her.

For your information, I have indeed concluded that research.  I don't know how the system works for EU votes because I've never voted in an EU election before (never wanted to give credence to a club I didn't want to be part of) but if I can do so then I will vote for Dr Bull.  I am too uncomfortable voting for Claire Fox.  Had she specifically stated that she had changed her stance on the IRA then I would have voted for her.

As I understand it, you vote for the party, the candidates are listed under the party name, in order of preference selected by the party.  Candidates are then elected based on the proportion of the vote that party receives.

Claire Fox is the Brexit parties first choice candidate for the North West, when you put your x in the box next to the Brexit Party, she is exactly who you are voting for.

6 hours ago, Saintslass said:

The candidates for each party are listed in order of preference (up to the total number of seats available in that region). So, initially you are voting for the number 1 candidate. As the party receives more seats, they take the next candidates from the list. You are unlikely to get more than 2 or 3 candidates down the list.

Archived