1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Brexit Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Change UK (formerly Independent Group)
    • Greens
    • Other
  2. 2. Is this a different party from who you’d vote for if Brexit didn’t exist?

• Yes, my vote is different because of Brexit
    • No, this is who I’d vote for if Brexit suddenly disappeared

6 hours ago, ckn said:

And people intend to vote for these gibbering imbeciles?

Born in 1947.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sparse Attendance said:

I believe Tommy ten names is popping up in St. Helens tonight. I hope he’s not near a McDonald’s. 

Is he?  I've not seen anything about it in the local press or in fact anywhere.

"If you intend to vote #brexitparty, you are of the same mindset as those who murdered my grandparents in WW2"

Wow. We have 19 people in the poll who indicated their intention to vote for the Brexit Party. The owners of this forum must surely be a bit concerned about the sorts of people they are attracting here.

18 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

"If you intend to vote #brexitparty, you are of the same mindset as those who murdered my grandparents in WW2"

Wow. We have 19 people in the poll who indicated their intention to vote for the Brexit Party. The owners of this forum must surely be a bit concerned about the sorts of people they are attracting here.

That was a quoted tweet rather than the view of a poster. It seems to be nationally acceptable for Farage to be an outright racist but not for people to point out the historical equivalences of other racist demagogues. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

So, are all those people "outraged" at Corbyn's anti Semitism and pledging never to vote for him or his party going to be equally outraged at this fellow and his equal anti-Semitism?

They will just argue the point about Soros, globalists, NWO, without seeing the explicit links and dogwhistles.  That he goes on the Jones show, gives speeches to the AfD, Bannon, etc doesn't seem to be enough to highlight the links.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Sparse Attendance said:

I think he’s appearing somewhere in Thatto Heath, so you’ll see plenty of the Walking Dead around

I wouldn't know.   I suspect you may be embellishing.

41 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

They will just argue the point about Soros, globalists, NWO, without seeing the explicit links and dogwhistles.  That he goes on the Jones show, gives speeches to the AfD, Bannon, etc doesn't seem to be enough to highlight the links.

Fact is though Soros is very rich and he does like to go to countries and use his riches to support particular campaigns.  I believe he is one of the Change UK funders is he not?

I think people,  particularly those people who hate the thought of foreigners funding campaigns on the opposite side of their political/EU position to themselves, need to appreciate that it is perfectly possible to criticise Soros, and those advocating his interference/support (depending on your POV) without being anti-Semitic.  We shouldn't stop criticising people just because they happen to be Christian/Jewish/Muslim/Star Wars fanatics.

18 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Fact is though Soros is very rich and he does like to go to countries and use his riches to support particular campaigns.  I believe he is one of the Change UK funders is he not?

I think people,  particularly those people who hate the thought of foreigners funding campaigns on the opposite side of their political/EU position to themselves, need to appreciate that it is perfectly possible to criticise Soros, and those advocating his interference/support (depending on your POV) without being anti-Semitic.  We shouldn't stop criticising people just because they happen to be Christian/Jewish/Muslim/Star Wars fanatics.

He is not immune from criticism, no one should argue otherwise.

With regards to how Soros is treated, then you need to look at the Jewish Chronicle or others who will highlight some of the obvious hit jobs.  Farage's mate in Hungary , Orban uses clear anti-semitic tropes.  Orban is in the Bannon group obviously.  Look at who attacks Soros, and their links to other groups.   

Walking from the office to the station this evening, I saw quite a few pro-abstain stickers promoting the view that voting for any party (even a 100% pro-leave one) in the EU elections is pandering to the monolithic EU tyranny.

Looks a bit like some badly-concealed pump-priming to excuse any poor performance there might be from the candidates on the spectrum from slyly nationalist to full-on, unabashed racist, both Left and Right. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

I believe Tommy ten names is popping up in St. Helens tonight. I hope he’s not near a McDonald’s. 

According to todays Wigan paper he's in Norley Hall, Wigan next week Monday, carefully chosen I presume due to the lack of a McDonalds in the area.

3 hours ago, Saintslass said:

3 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Soros is disliked by many Jewish people. There are discussions about collaboration in the war. (There was a heated discussion about this before so I only bring it up to show that criticism of him is not necessarily anti Semitic).

He has also fermented unrest in Turkey and upset Muslim leaders there. He tried to agitate unrest in Istanbul and whilst I arent an Akp fan, I don't think it is helpful and causes more instability. 

2 hours ago, Niels said:

Soros is disliked by many Jewish people. There are discussions about collaboration in the war. (There was a heated discussion about this before so I only bring it up to show that criticism of him is not necessarily anti Semitic). 

There was a heated discussion about it because it's a right wing piece of **** about a kid who had to hide from the Nazis to survive. Referencing it in passing perpetuates the myth.

14 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

So, are all those people "outraged" at Corbyn's anti Semitism and pledging never to vote for him or his party going to be equally outraged at this fellow and his equal anti-Semitism?

You are using the old fashioned/American use of the term i.e. anti Jewish racism.

Muslims or other minority group are not being considered equal to Jewish people here, so it does not match that type of anti-semitism. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

12 hours ago, shrek said:

According to todays Wigan paper he's in Norley Hall, Wigan next week Monday, carefully chosen I presume due to the lack of a McDonalds in the area.

KFC do really thick shakes. Is there one nearby?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It seems Jacob Rees-Mogg is the nice one of his family.  At least he wasn't writing articles out of how to make profit out of droughts that have killed millions.

And people will still vote for these people because of "Brexit", whatever that means.

I find it harder to think anything but "you know exactly WHO you're voting for and you don't give an excrement" about Brexit Party voters.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

13 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Not according to this he isn't, unless he's given them less than £7,500.

https://voteforchange.uk/donate/donations-received/

(It's not difficult to find out this stuff before you post such 'nudge nudge' insinuations on a public forum).

40 minutes ago, ckn said:

It seems Jacob Rees-Mogg is the nice one of his family.  At least he wasn't writing articles out of how to make profit out of droughts that have killed millions.

And people will still vote for these people because of "Brexit", whatever that means.

I find it harder to think anything but "you know exactly WHO you're voting for and you don't give an excrement" about Brexit Party voters.

Article written 08/03/2006. Maybe she has 'been on a journey' like Mr Corbyn and sees things differently?

49 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

KFC do really thick shakes. Is there one nearby?

Yes. There's one on the corner of Orrell Rd where you turn into Norley Hall estate coming from the M6/M58 junction.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Just now, Private Baldrick said:

Article written 08/03/2006. Maybe she has 'been on a journey' like Mr Corbyn and sees things differently?

My views on Corbyn are not exactly secret.

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

Has he? I don't think many on here believe for one minute he has. Anyway Whataboutism

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

Let's assume, as you've provided no evidence, that her opinions have not changed.

When you provide evidence then we can revise our opinions of her.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived