1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Brexit Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Change UK (formerly Independent Group)
    • Greens
    • Other
  2. 2. Is this a different party from who you’d vote for if Brexit didn’t exist?

• Yes, my vote is different because of Brexit
    • No, this is who I’d vote for if Brexit suddenly disappeared

11 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Yes, much better, I'd agree. I condemn both. Do you?

11 hours ago, Trojan said:

Not shooting in cold blood in the street.  But the milk shake thing just makes them look what they are, pathetic demagogues. Especially Tommy Robinson, who should be locked up..

You don't condemn shooting in cold blood in the street? Wow! I admire your honesty but I have to disagree with you.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

You don't condemn shooting in cold blood in the street? Wow! I admire your honesty but I have to disagree with you.

Yes sorry, I misread the post. Of course I do.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Lib Dems: “We can’t have any of this poll improvement stuff, someone go out and remind the public of our friendship with the austerity Tories!”  Sometimes I despair...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Danny Alexander could do with a slap in the head with a wet haddock.

Advocating more violence against a political figure?

Is there a "shadowy" pattern emerging?

Are you sure it wasn't you with a milkshake in Salisbury? ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

18 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Danny Alexander could do with a slap in the head with a wet haddock.

The muppet.

Sure it wasn't you down in Falmouth (is that in the SW?) at the Sargon interview? I don't know what type of fish were used in that incident. I know rocks and bricks were used in the Oldham event.

With four days to go, I have had leaflets from English Democrats, UKIP and Brexit Party, but not a sausage from Labour, Tories or LibDems.  Have the big three decided not to waste money on leaflets ?

40 minutes ago, Jasper said:

With four days to go, I have had leaflets from English Democrats, UKIP and Brexit Party, but not a sausage from Labour, Tories or LibDems.  Have the big three decided not to waste money on leaflets ?

I'd imagine you are a committed party member or committed leaver/remainer, either way you won't be targeted. The "fringe" and newer parties don't have access to the voter databases the main parties have and so will be less targeted in their deliveries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_database#In_the_United_Kingdom

If you'd like some Lib Dem leaflets I've got 5,000 waiting to be delivered in my front room.

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

I'd imagine you are a committed party member or committed leaver/remainer, either way you won't be targeted. The "fringe" and newer parties don't have access to the voter databases the main parties have and so will be less targeted in their deliveries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_database#In_the_United_Kingdom

If you'd like some Lib Dem leaflets I've got 5,000 waiting to be delivered in my front room.

Is the part about fringe and new parties not having access to the database definitely true? Mrs. Nail has received  leaflets personally addressed to her from both the Brexit Party and UKIP.

We're concerned that she might have forgotten to tick the 'Not a racist' box on the voter registration form.

9 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Is the part about fringe and new parties not having access to the database definitely true? Mrs. Nail has received  leaflets personally addressed to her from both the Brexit Party and UKIP.

We're concerned that she might have forgotten to tick the 'Not a racist' box on the voter registration form.

My wife has also had a personalised letter from Nigel. 

1 hour ago, Hammerless Nail said:

1 hour ago, RidingPie said:

My wife has also had a personalised letter from Nigel. 

The Fringe and New parties will have access to the electoral roll, which is where all parties get their base information. The mainstream parties will have what are effectively bespoke CRM systems to filter by voting history and a whole load of other information, whether you voted is a matter of public record and if someone has never voted when eligible there is little point in targeting them individually. If you don't have the system in place then a blanket approach to mailing is the only method available.

Please could someone show me the list which shows which people, running in the European Election, you are allowed to throw things at and which ones are you not.

Also what items are exceptable to throw? Milkshakes? Fish? Rocks? 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Please could someone show me the list which shows which people, running in the European Election, you are allowed to throw things at and which ones are you not.

It's not acceptable and it is illegal but, as with the John Inverdale shoeing incident, it doesn't half make the childish and immature bit of me come out.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I certainly wouldn’t waste a Five Guys milkshake on any of them.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

34 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I think you know the answer to that. If not, maybe GJ knows?

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I think you know the answer to that. If not, maybe GJ knows?

I do.

You can lob a very expensive milkshake at a man who retired from politics whilst retaining his MEP salary, and who also said he would pick up a rifle to ensure Brexit happened, and people will cheer.

What you can’t do is murder a woman in the street yelling “Britain First, death to traitors”.

At some point between those two extremes we cross from reasonable to unreasonable. I’ll let you know when we get there.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Another bill for Aaron to pay for.  Dry cleaning that suit.

A £5 Banana and salted caramel milkshake should not be condoned.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You can lob a very expensive milkshake at a man who retired from politics whilst retaining his MEP salary, and who also said he would pick up a rifle to ensure Brexit happened, and people will cheer.

Keep going. Wiltshire Rhino asked for a list. Surely you can come up with other people who deserve to be assaulted in this manner? Nigel Farage can't be the only one. I think we're all curious now to know who is on the list of acceptable targets.

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

Keep going. Wiltshire Rhino asked for a list. Surely you can come up with other people who deserve to be assaulted in this manner? Nigel Farage can't be the only one. I think we're all curious now to know who is on the list of acceptable targets.

Assault?

He had a milkshake thrown at him.

A man who has talked about going to the front line holding a gun.

A milkshake.

Perhaps the weeping snowflakes who think this is somehow the same as GBH because “both are against the law” need to relax with a satisfying dairy beverage. And/or ponder why directing death threats to politicians - also technically against the law on grounds of incitement - didn’t seem to worry them quite so much.

Like I say, it’s now what I’d do. But it’s not as big a deal as the laundering of foreign money through untraceable donations.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Another bill for Aaron to pay for.  Dry cleaning that suit.

A £5 Banana and salted caramel milkshake should not be condoned.

I find it quite touching that you’re maintaining the pretence that Banks has any money of his own either.

Just now, 17 stone giant said:

A Northumbria Police spokesperson said: "A 32-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of common assault and remains in police custody."

Yes, like I said in my post, it’s against the law.

But then you’d think standing outside Parliament and hurling abuse at passing MPs would count as disturbing the peace.

Archived