1. 1. Who will you vote for?

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • UKIP
    • Brexit Party
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Change UK (formerly Independent Group)
    • Greens
    • Other
  2. 2. Is this a different party from who you’d vote for if Brexit didn’t exist?

• Yes, my vote is different because of Brexit
    • No, this is who I’d vote for if Brexit suddenly disappeared

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Change UK will be dead as a dodo at the next GE.

It's quite hard to play a hand as badly as they have. But they have failed quite spectacularly.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

26 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's quite hard to play a hand as badly as they have. But they have failed quite spectacularly.

Did they have this chap in as a consultant?

220px-Vince_Cable_and_Nick_Clegg_by_the_

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Did they have this chap in as a consultant?

220px-Vince_Cable_and_Nick_Clegg_by_the_

New account, who dis?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Change UK will be dead as a dodo at the next GE.

I find that very sad. All it does is entrench the extremism of the two main parties. Take Labour (cue 1970s mother in law jokes), Corbyn has just unilaterally removed any possibility of an EU referendum from the EU elections leaflets, his party MPs are furious but can’t go anywhere because they know the daft UK voting system will see them lose their jobs. 

What a fantastic era of political pygmies we live in. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

I find that very sad. All it does is entrench the extremism of the two main parties. Take Labour (cue 1970s mother in law jokes), Corbyn has just unilaterally removed any possibility of an EU referendum from the EU elections leaflets, his party MPs are furious but can’t go anywhere because they know the daft UK voting system will see them lose their jobs. 

What a fantastic era of political pygmies we live in. 

Agreed. But how do you break the status quo? By the looks of it, nobody knows how...

Brexit supporting parties currently polling at 73%.  I include Labour in this as regardless of the whining of the Remain supporting MPs, it’s a Brexit supporting party at its leadership.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Has Farage been giving speeches in the USA saying things he won't say in the UK again?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Usually I don’t watch the Sunday morning politics programmes but today I am.  Quite a few Labour folk on telly today and most have grudgingly conceded a 2nd referendum is on the cards but it’s going to be a straight yes/no on the government deal with no “remain” option.  Anyone on the remain side still voting Labour?

16 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

So what happens if it's a no vote? Do they go back to the EU and try and get a different deal?

I have no idea. Labour haven't got that far as they clearly have no intention of even doing that "confirmatory referendum".

20 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

So what happens if it's a no vote? Do they go back to the EU and try and get a different deal?

I think the idea is that if it's a binary question it's Deal or No Deal.

It really is that galumphingly stupid.

This election looks like it will be a monumental cock up from a remain POV. 

The 2nd referendum has no clear outlet and will be split. Meanwhile, the Brexit party will sweep up disaffected Brexiters and probably win resulting in the impression that we should go forward with a harsher Brexit.

The reality will be that 28-30% voting for the Brexit party doesn't really mean a lot and I suspect a clear Remain party advocating for a 2nd ref would get a similar figure.

Change UK needs to try and sweep up disaffected remainers but I doubt they will. 

47 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

The 2nd referendum has no clear outlet and will be split. Meanwhile, the Brexit party will sweep up disaffected Brexiters and probably win resulting in the impression that we should go forward with a harsher Brexit.

The reality will be that 28-30% voting for the Brexit party doesn't really mean a lot and I suspect a clear Remain party advocating for a 2nd ref would get a similar figure.

Change UK needs to try and sweep up disaffected remainers but I doubt they will. 

That's a particularly awful take. One that I'm sure many of the commentariat will share but 30% voting Brexit Party on a turnout of 45% (or whatever) can be ignored as easily as a petition to revoke Article 50.

16 hours ago, gingerjon said:

That's a particularly awful take. One that I'm sure many of the commentariat will share but 30% voting Brexit Party on a turnout of 45% (or whatever) can be ignored as easily as a petition to revoke Article 50.

But that is the point, presuming the Brexit party win, the media will inevitably spin it as a great public demonstration for how we should plough on with Brexit. 

10 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

But that is the point, presuming the Brexit party win, the media will inevitably spin it as a great public demonstration for how we should plough on with Brexit. 

I think that’s a possibility but it doesn’t mean a “Remain Alliance” is necessary to get past their total or to neuter that talk. You only need to remember “Frexit” or see today’s Spanish results coverage to see that the British media love to give the far right a victory no matter what the truth is.

18 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Why isn't there a 'remain' party doing just that, advocating a 'hard remain'?

Why are all the opponents of Brexit still hiding behind a 2nd referendum?

There were 6 million signatures on a revoke A50 petition wasn't there? 

In my eyes those opposing Brexit and calling for a 2nd vote are just wishy washy, not able to have the courage of their convictions and say what they really mean. 

Archived