fevnut's musings 2019/16: Match Officials encourage cheating

fevnut

fevnut’s musings: Match Officials encourage cheating

In the latest edition of fevnut’s musings we write about the way rugby league is being ruined by the way that match officials encourage cheating. We also write about the implications of the loan signing of Dane Chisholm and our magnificent reserve team.

Access ‘musings’ by clicking on the link below and don't forget to use the links on the right hand side of the page to open other interesting pages.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2019/04/fevnuts-musings-16-match-officials.html

17 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Interesting thoughts re: Kear wanting to develop a young partnership in the halves. Am I right in thinking, though, that Lilley is on loan from Leeds and as such, his long term future at Bradford is still to be decided?

Yes, but it is a season long loan and I suspect that Bradford are expecting to sign him eventually.

Certainly the tendency to try and win a penalty by making it difficult for the tackler to clear the ruck seems very prevalent.  I watched the Keighley/Bulls game and Keighley conceded penalty after penalty second half to this tactic by Bradford.  It cost Keighley the game. You can always count of Kear to come up with something like this.  IMO when he won the cup with Sheffield it was by illegally slowing down the PTB.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Noticed that in the NRL, incidents of playing the ball into the man are very few and far between, even when it is quite obvious that a player could win a penalty using this method. That is why their game is far faster and more attractive to watch.

Archived