My Triple Header Weekend is approaching

Planned a Triple Header weekend with my workmate weeks ago and booked accommodation.

Fri.  Cas v Wire
Sat. Hull FC v Cats
Sun.  Giants v Wakefield

Now with 2 games rearranged it’s onto Plan B

Fri.  Cas v Wire
Sat. Dewsbury v Toulouse
Sun. HKR v Saints

Does it still look like a decent line-up for a southern neutral ?

51 minutes ago, Somerset Casual said:

Planned a Triple Header weekend with my workmate weeks ago and booked accommodation.

Fri.  Cas v Wire
Sat. Hull FC v Cats
Sun.  Giants v Wakefield

Fri.  Cas v Wire
Sat. Dewsbury v Toulouse
Sun. HKR v Saints

They're some proper grounds there mate. Cas should be bouncing so as long as you don't mind the state of the place and go to the loo in a pub somewhere beforehand happy days. Dewsbury v Toulouse will be interesting from the neutral perspective I guess - they'll probably have Toronto vs Bradford on in the pubs afterwards too. HKR Saints depends entirely on whether KR turn up or not. 

You've probably got the pick of the fixtures that weekend, such a shame all of SL seems to be playing that Friday

11 minutes ago, cookey said:

Good traditional rugby league,the weather is looking very good as well,19/20'.

Shouldn't that read Tradional RL and the weather's looking as awful as always? My laptop when down when the above appeared on the screen. I had to restart!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

16 hours ago, Somerset Casual said:

Fri.  Cas v Wire
Sat. Hull FC v Cats
Sun.  Giants v Wakefield

Fri.  Cas v Wire
Sat. Dewsbury v Toulouse
Sun. HKR v Saints

Neutral???? As a southerner you have the mighty Broncos to support surely?

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Neutral???? As a southerner you have the mighty Broncos to support surely?

If he’s in Somerset, like his name suggests, he’s hours from London and potentially has no link to the city or club and if he wants to see multiple games in a weekend, the max you’re getting in London is two. When you also factor in the cost, it’s more economical to stay up north and get three, maybe four games in.

51 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

If he’s in Somerset, like his name suggests, he’s hours from London and potentially has no link to the city or club and if he wants to see multiple games in a weekend, the max you’re getting in London is two. When you also factor in the cost, it’s more economical to stay up north and get three, maybe four games in.

Not criticising his trip it's a great idea. Just asking if he has a club allegiance - he's half suggested he doesn't but might just be a neutral for the games he is watching this weekend 

On 18/04/2019 at 11:50, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Not a Broncos fan - But I guess there's a bit of a southern connection. I did buy a replica shirt on a visit to Barnet.  Plus, I have a Harlequins RL shirt from the Stoop.  It confuses the locals when I wear them round town. 

For a London game it's a 300 mile return drive plus tube time - so it tends to be CCF only these days.  We started making the trip up north a few years ago for GF and decided we wanted to see more games in more places. This way we get to fit in 3 games for around 600 miles and experience some club grounds rather than Wembley & OT.

1 hour ago, Somerset Casual said:

Not a Broncos fan - But I guess there's a bit of a southern connection. I did buy a replica shirt on a visit to Barnet.  Plus, I have a Harlequins RL shirt from the Stoop.  It confuses the locals when I wear them round town. 

For a London game it's a 300 mile return drive plus tube time - so it tends to be CCF only these days.  We started making the trip up north a few years ago for GF and decided we wanted to see more games in more places. This way we get to fit in 3 games for around 600 miles and experience some club grounds rather than Wembley & OT.

Fair enough but anyone south of the Sheffield Eagles should be a Bronco at least as second team!

I like the idea of a triple header up north ...won't get it passed her indoors of course but....

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Somerset Casual said:

Bag packed. Car loaded. Thermals at the ready.
Hitting the road in the morning and I'm excited.

Any last minute advice ?

Bring your own cider!  Can't beat the Somerset stuff (especially Rich's)!  Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you!

2 hours ago, Somerset Casual said:

Bag packed. Car loaded. Thermals at the ready.
Hitting the road in the morning and I'm excited.

Any last minute advice ?

You will get a very warm welcome at the Rams, enjoy your weekend.

Archived