Friday Vs Batley

Commentator

If you cant get to the Tetley Stadium on Friday evening you don't  have to miss any of the action with HWD Hospital Radio. We have LIVE commentary as the Dewsbury Rams take on the Batley Bulldogs K.O 7pm.
Hear all the action from the Tetley Stadium ... Listen live for free by clicking on this link   http://ow.ly/mNpD30ncrca   on your laptop, tablet or smartphone

Ask "Alexa" to 'Play HWD Hospital Radio' 

Or visit www.hwdhospitalradio.com and click on Listen Live!
It's next best to being there!

WHAT! Dewsbury have a game on  Friday!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Fortunately we still have Hooley!! ..... Although I am really concerned about the ongoing problem at 6 with Sykes being injured..... perhaps Hooley can play at stand off .....  

P.S. lets hope Wakeys injury list doesn't get any worse tonight and Hooley gets recalled .. I note Arundel got a shoulder injury and Reynolds took a knock to his head ... fingers crossed.

image.png.425581224db7786c2715589435e6a32a.png

9 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Surprised no Simon Brown and who's Ellis Robson?

Ellis Robson is a loose forward from Warrington. Fringe player on a months loan to us. Cheers

9 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Agree on Brown.  Ellis Robson is a forward from Warrington.  We’re desperately short of forwards as you know. 

Without Sykes too tricky to call tonight.  

I reckon this will be a close game with only a score in it either way. Sykes and Annakin are big losses for us plus I notice Andrade isn’t in the 19?wonder if Harvey Hallas will be making his debut.

My 17

Hooley.

Gabriel/Morton.

Walshaw.

Ryder.

Worrincy.

Knowles.

Finn.

Sheriffe.

Ward.

Garratt.

Kibula.

Igbinedion.

Trout.

subs.

Hallas.

Field.

Day.

Mackay.

Rams 18

Batley 14

fts Ryder.

mom Day.

att 1265

16 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Brown's main asset is his kicking game but we now have Finn for that, so we need to strengthen defensively, hence Knowles being chosen in preference. I reckon Gabriel and Hallas will miss out.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

30 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Brown's main asset is his kicking game but we now have Finn for that, so we need to strengthen defensively, hence Knowles being chosen in preference. I reckon Gabriel and Hallas will miss out.

I noted Knowles was defending out on the right last week   I’ll say no more.  

Andrade done his hamstring. Spoke to him after the Thatto match.  3 key players out??

Absolutely shocking. An embarrassment.  Batley Just wanted it more.  Beaten by 11/12 men and the ref was probably on our side 

we won’t win again until Sykes is back. We have no leader on the field and I can’t see anyone talking. Do we have a captain?  

If I hadn’t had season ticket I’d have asked for my money back. 

Leigh, Widnes away next.  Oh dear.  

I never expected perfection . But I expect the players to want it as much as we ( the fans) do. 

How many of the lads do you think actually play for the shirt ? Only a few in my opinion . 

No leader and with Sykes was walking with a knee brace on and 2 months away from a return I worry.

Without a doubt the Batley players know what it means to be a bulldog . I just wish a few more of our lads knew what it meant to be a Ram ?.

18 minutes ago, SheffieldRam said:

I never expected perfection . But I expect the players to want it as much as we ( the fans) do. 

How many of the lads do you think actually play for the shirt ? Only a few in my opinion . 

No leader and with Sykes was walking with a knee brace on and 2 months away from a return I worry.

Without a doubt the Batley players know what it means to be a bulldog . I just wish a few more of our lads knew what it meant to be a Ram ?.

If Sykes is our for two months we are in BIG trouble.  Rudderless / leaderless and hopeless without him. Even that can’t excuse the lack of passion we saw tonight. 

You had us on the ropes when down to 11 it just fired us up. I thought Leak And Tiara's try were very soft to concede 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Match summary
One team turned up,
One team didn't,one team had desire,one team didn't,one team had passion,one didn't,one team fight,one team didn't,one team,had 12 men,one team didn't,one team was tenacious,one team wasn't,one team had fire in their bellys,one team didn't,one team showed spirit,one team didn't ,one team got stuck in,one team didn't,one team worked hard,one team didn't,one team high fives at every positive,one team didn't,one team showed steel,one team didn't,one team had a attacking game,one team didn't,one team wanted to win a derby,one team didn't,one team went forward,one team didn't,one team had a game plan,one team didn't,one team mixed it up,one team didn't,one team got players into touch,one team didn't,one team were hungry,one team wasn't,one team has had 2 great results in 3 weeks,one hasn't,one team showed it won't go down,one team didn't,one team made ground on every set,one team didn't,one team controlled the game,one team didn't,one team looked like team,one team didn't,one team showed balls in adversity,one team didn't,best team won ,worst team didn't show fire,Batley got what they deserved, Dewsbury got they deserved....well done Batley ?

Don't want to rub salt into your wounds but when we were down to 11 and you scored the floodgates should have opened and I feared the worst. With all the pens you were getting it should have been game over. Then we got going and it was one way traffic.  How many times did we push your players into touch  I was shocked because I didn't even know that our players knew that tactic. 

Absolutely hopeless!! .... No Sykes .. No Chance!! ..... got to find a stand off!  Knowles is a clever player and would always be in my team but never ever at 6!!! ... Batley were better in every department tonight and fully deserved their win ... jeez it even appeared we  had the ref on our side tonight!

7 minutes ago, coolie said:

Match summary
One team turned up,
One team didn't,one team had desire,one team didn't,one team had passion,one didn't,one team fight,one team didn't,one team,had 12 men,one team didn't,one team was tenacious,one team wasn't,one team had fire in their bellys,one team didn't,one team showed spirit,one team didn't ,one team got stuck in,one team didn't,one team worked hard,one team didn't,one team high fives at every positive,one team didn't,one team showed steel,one team didn't,one team had a attacking game,one team didn't,one team wanted to win a derby,one team didn't,one team went forward,one team didn't,one team had a game plan,one team didn't,one team mixed it up,one team didn't,one team got players into touch,one team didn't,one team were hungry,one team wasn't,one team has had 2 great results in 3 weeks,one hasn't,one team showed it won't go down,one team didn't,one team made ground on every set,one team didn't,one team controlled the game,one team didn't,one team looked like team,one team didn't,one team showed balls in adversity,one team didn't,best team won ,worst team didn't show fire,Batley got what they deserved, Dewsbury got they deserved....well done Batley ?

Bloody hell coolie, where did that come from. 

My match summary:

we were hopeless and Batley weren’t.

With a penalty count in our favour to the order of 15-6 and playing against 12 players for most of the game, we should have played a touch better don’t you think?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

16 minutes ago, coolie said:

Match summary
One team turned up,
One team didn't,one team had desire,one team didn't,one team had passion,one didn't,one team fight,one team didn't,one team,had 12 men,one team didn't,one team was tenacious,one team wasn't,one team had fire in their bellys,one team didn't,one team showed spirit,one team didn't ,one team got stuck in,one team didn't,one team worked hard,one team didn't,one team high fives at every positive,one team didn't,one team showed steel,one team didn't,one team had a attacking game,one team didn't,one team wanted to win a derby,one team didn't,one team went forward,one team didn't,one team had a game plan,one team didn't,one team mixed it up,one team didn't,one team got players into touch,one team didn't,one team were hungry,one team wasn't,one team has had 2 great results in 3 weeks,one hasn't,one team showed it won't go down,one team didn't,one team made ground on every set,one team didn't,one team controlled the game,one team didn't,one team looked like team,one team didn't,one team showed balls in adversity,one team didn't,best team won ,worst team didn't show fire,Batley got what they deserved, Dewsbury got they deserved....well done Batley 

Dont you be calling for your coaches head Coolie.

It’s proper spoiled my Easter weekend. A real team would have put them to the sword or at least tried. Me thinks there are some aren’t really pulling their weight. Come on Lee, weed them out and get shut of them. 

Roger Ram fan club

23 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Note for Lee Greenwood this week. Must show all Dewsbury forwards a video of Ward, Brown & Taira the technique of running on to the ball and not stopping. Must educate Michael Knowles in the art of passing. When a player is 4 feet away don't throw bullet passes and then have a go at that player for dropping the ball. Tell Sam Day that we only get 6 tackles and it's a good option to keep the ball alive rather than thinking he can dummy his way through every time he gets the ball. Tell Kibula that he can knock people over rather than going down at the first line of defence. Lightweight Joe Sheriffe had a superb game and made more yards then the rest of the pack put together. It would have been a good idea tonight when Batley were down to 11 to throw the ball  (don't you think) to our 2 flyers on the wing. Pack was totally inept tonight. Liam Finn has the class and can open up play, which he did twice tonight late on, on the back of a go forward pack. Let's give him a chance and give him a platform. One final observation, do our players know it's OK to try and pass the ball before a tackle is complete? I was taught that back in 1976 by a couple of coaches called Addy & Walker.

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Dont you be calling for your coaches head Coolie.

That's a long way off...but constant loan players walking straight into the team is starting to grate a little now,how can you produce constancy when the ingredients are constantly changing week on week.

Best team won today hands down mate,and congrats on your result today phil

Archived