NRL 2019 - Round 6 - Match Thread

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final set - a huge Storm tackle, a sensational break by the new kid, then a loooong DG to seal it for the Roosters.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Game of 2 halves that neither side deserved to lose. Roosters were on fire for 40 minutes. Then the Storm led by Smith, pulled it back. And then a quality Field Goal for the Roo$ters to win it. Some great attack and very open considering. The defence was brutal and for me Finucane again showing what a quality player he is. Some of his hits were unreal. I didnt want the game to finish!

Totally agree with the above.  The half backs for Melbourne were poor but Cameron Smith gave a masterclass in the second half of how to run a game and dragged Melbourne into a position where they should have won.  Massive error to not take the drop goal when Cronk dropped the ball.

Not a fan of golden point - team receiving ball just need a solid set with one half break and they are in for a drop goal.  It was a great kick by Mitchell but a point each would have been a better ending for me.  

Hopefully Canberra will beat one of these in the Grand Final ? 

The Late Mail

Warriors v Cowboys, Saturday 7.30pm (5.30pm AEST) at Mt Smart Stadium

Warriors: Blake Green is out of the Warriors team that will play North Queensland on Saturday. Green was unable to overcome a groin injury, a loss which has resulted in a backline reshuffle. Peta Hiku moves from the centres to halfback, with Gerard Beale (No.21) now named to start in the centres. Agnatius Paasi and Solomone Kata (both knee) remain in the squad. Green and Sam Lisone were the two players left out 24 hours out from kick-off. The Warriors have won their past five games at Mt Smart Stadium.

Cowboys: Paul Green expects lock John Asiata (elbow) to play after initial thoughts of a serious injury in the collision with Nene Macdonald were eased earlier in the week. Josh McGuire will play his 200th NRL game. Javid Bowen and Shane Wright were the two players left out 24 hours before game time.

Dragons v Sea Eagles, Saturday 7.35pm at WIN Stadium

Dragons: Paul Vaughan is expected to play despite leaving the field with an ankle injury last week. The Dragons have scored 119 points in three successive wins against the Sea Eagles. Lachlan Timm and Jonus Pearson were the two players omitted 24 hours out from kick-off.

Sea Eagles: Toafaoa Sipley (No.17) has been named to replace the suspended Addin Fonua-Blake after he failed at the NRL judiciary for a dangerous contact charge on Tuesday. Des Hasler has a 6-1 record against Dragons rival Paul McGregor. Sea Eagles lock Jake Trbojevic will play his 100th NRL game. Sam Smith and Trent Hodkinson were the two men left out 24 hours out from game time.

Archived