Promotion of the club and fixtures

clifford

I've been watching the new marketing company on twitter over the last couple of weeks. 

Tomorrows fixture is the only home game in April and it's good Friday, and coupled with the fact Hunslet is a top side in the championship 1.

All plus points but why or why was the advertising for the game released today. 

Poor quality of promotion IMHO 

On 18/04/2019 at 21:39, sheddingswasus said:

I agree with this. The marketing/promotion is still not good.

Over the past few years I've tried my best to market the club.  I'm treading water in that respect at the moment because I don't want to step on the toes of the current marketers involved.  I'd hate for someone to do that to me, so I've backed off.

I might start doing a few things under my own steam to try and inject a bit of fun.

I like fun me.  

15 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Over the past few years I've tried my best to market the club.  I'm treading water in that respect at the moment because I don't want to step on the toes of the current marketers involved.  I'd hate for someone to do that to me, so I've backed off.

I might start doing a few things under my own steam to try and inject a bit of fun.

I like fun me.  

I'm sure none of the above comments could have been aimed at the sterling job you do, Mr. Naylor. (I wish I'd seen your unedited post ?)

1 hour ago, WellWisher said:

I'm sure none of the above comments could have been aimed at the sterling job you do, Mr. Naylor. (I wish I'd seen your unedited post ?)

Absolutely,Dave has worked wonders with the exposure he's given the club with his internet knowhow. It's the years of stagnation and alienation that could come back and bite the club in the backside unfortunately. Well that's my take on it anyway.

My post was not aimed at Mr N, we have a professional marketing team putting out a poster on various media channels less than a day before the game. 

That's a very poor way of marketing the game. 

Two weeks to the 1895 Cup match. Any poster around the town, I can hazard a guess and say no. 

The club has limited home games promote locally. 

On 19/04/2019 at 21:05, moorside roughyed said:

If that's the biggest crowd of the season then the club is knackered.

The club IS knackered.

There simply is not the fanbase or finances available to progress ..

The crowd on Good friday was a joke.

Im close to packing in going if im honest.

2 hours ago, OLD YED said:

The club IS knackered.

There simply is not the fanbase or finances available to progress ..

The crowd on Good friday was a joke.

Im close to packing in going if im honest.

Me and my son packed in our season tickets at the end of last season. We've been to a couple of games this season but we've found it all very disappointing. You could see what was panning out 10 minutes into the second half. The standard cup game we attended before watching Oldham was better value. It's been said in the past but the writing is on the wall for the club. The chairman's attitude in the past will haunt the club sadly. I can't see a way out for the club.

21 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Me and my son packed in our season tickets at the end of last season. We've been to a couple of games this season but we've found it all very disappointing. You could see what was panning out 10 minutes into the second half. The standard cup game we attended before watching Oldham was better value. It's been said in the past but the writing is on the wall for the club. The chairman's attitude in the past will haunt the club sadly. I can't see a way out for the club.

I want to believe but nothing seems to change.

Its like banging your head against a wall.

Archived