Could Jack De Belin be coming to Super League?

It doesn't say anything about him coming to Super League.

London Broncos could use him. However the owner is a cheap skate who won't even pay money for a quality half, let alone a back rower.

3 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

London Broncos could use him. However the owner is a cheap skate who won't even pay money for a quality half, let alone a back rower.

A cheapskate! The guy has ploughed millions into the Broncos. Without his money there is no Broncos.

rldfsignature.jpg

4 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

If he can't get registered in the NRL Super League would be his only option

I think the NRL are in dangerous waters with their hardline policy. If de Belin, or any other player in the future, are stood down but subsequently found not guilty of any alleged crime the NRL can expect a legal battle for loss of earnings and possibly more.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

I think the NRL are in dangerous waters with their hardline policy. If de Belin, or any other player in the future, are stood down but subsequently found not guilty of any alleged crime the NRL can expect a legal battle for loss of earnings and possibly more.

He's not been sacked though. If he'd been sacked, then yes definitely.

As a teacher, if I was ever accused of anything like this, I'd be suspended pretty much indefinitely, guilty or not. It would be the end of my career. 

It's bad, but I've seen it happen time and time again in the papers. One lad I used to play rugby with in Bradford had the same issue (but turns out he was actually guilty so it's probably good he was stood down!).

The key is to try and protect yourself from getting into situations like this, especially if you're in the public eye so much. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

He's not been sacked though. If he'd been sacked, then yes definitely.

As a teacher, if I was ever accused of anything like this, I'd be suspended pretty much indefinitely, guilty or not. It would be the end of my career. 

It's bad, but I've seen it happen time and time again in the papers. One lad I used to play rugby with in Bradford had the same issue (but turns out he was actually guilty so it's probably good he was stood down!).

The key is to try and protect yourself from getting into situations like this, especially if you're in the public eye so much. 

Would you still be on full pay whilst under suspension though? de Belin is losing out on winning bonuses even if he’s being paid his basic contract money. I’m not trying to defend de Belin here just pointing out possible pitfalls in the NRL’s policy.

rldfsignature.jpg

43 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Would you still be on full pay whilst under suspension though? de Belin is losing out on winning bonuses even if he’s being paid his basic contract money. I’m not trying to defend de Belin here just pointing out possible pitfalls in the NRL’s policy.

Yes I think to be fair he should he eligible for bonuses.

56 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Not sure too many guys get paid win bonuses these days... I'm happy to be told otherwise if you actually know, but I'm under the impression he's being paid his full entitlements. 

6 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Hughes has kept my side going as an entity and kept a big presence (academy included) in the capital for all British RL

Yes I'd like us to spend a bit and stay up this year but Christ I'm not going to resent him not doing so after ploughing in 20 million over the years

16 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

Not sure too many guys get paid win bonuses these days... I'm happy to be told otherwise if you actually know, but I'm under the impression he's being paid his full entitlements. 

I don't know about win bonuses either mate. I'm not even sure if SL teams pay them but it was always the way pre SL. He's still being deprived the chance to earn possible Origin payments or even a new contract comparable to the one he could have earned if this case hadn't arisen.

rldfsignature.jpg

23 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Barba? Super League have effectively banned him for life, following the NRL’s lead. 

You know what?....if they came out and said we might sign Barba at Broncos really not sure what I would think. His turn of pace and direction on the 4G would be tailor made....would I bend my moral compass though ?

Archived