Swinton

Excolt 1

I thought we were very poor, bad shape in attack and gaping holes in defense. first half we looked like we didn't have a clue of what we were doing as tackles just fell off and no structure in attack. Second half we were better and did some nice stuff with ball in hand but the damage was done in the first half.

The ref didn't have a good game,  Scott Moore got sent off for a charge but the same thing happened against us and it was just a penalty, we had two tries disallowed i thought the first was the right call but the second was not. Some penalties were very questionable but it was not the refs fault we lost that game.

I don't know what it is but there seems to be an underlining problem with the team, foster in my opinion is not good enough as a player or a coach, he plays himself to much and players were questioning why they where being taken off. The same group of players are playing great every week Shaun Ainscough  again running into players making yards and his defense was fantastic at times today, Lee Mitchell yet again doing what needs to be done making hard meters and Callum Wood  catching high balls and dodging tackles.  And its the same players that are putting us under pressure Carl Forster not fit enough to be playing at this level,  Seta Tala surprisingly had a bad game couldn't tackle save his life this week and  Stuart Howarth was very bad, passing to soon or to late making players struggle to collect the ball, kicking was just terrible no thinking behind it. And when we expressed these opinions he told one of us to f*** off. Very nice . 

10 minutes ago, Excolt 1 said:

Liked Foster as a player but its not working out as a coach. I believe a coach should be given time but we have to stay in this division . I really think after a another good hiding on Monday he will be gone, if not before. 

The budget is not small it’s bigger than Swintons - who appointed him and what were his credentials? 

5 minutes ago, RayH said:

League 1 bound, got a league 1 budget and a league 1 squad

We should already be there,If not for rule changes last year.

Dont really think it matters who’s in charge

If we have a league 1 budget so do swinton and it VERY much matters who’s in charge 

10 minutes ago, RayH said:

League 1 bound, got a league 1 budget and a league 1 squad

We should already be there,If not for rule changes last year.

Dont really think it matters who’s in charge

I think the budget means that we have limited options but a different coaches will approach it differently. 

1 minute ago, The Lad said:

I think the budget means that we have limited options but a different coaches will approach it differently. 

Maybe last one was rubbish, this ones rubbish

?? Here’s to the next one

After Sheffield’s 44-16 win over Toulouse, our porous defence will again be under scrutiny on Monday. From what very little I have seen, our attack seems lack lustre too, with nobody calling the shots.  We are not gelling and to leak 7 tries in such a crucial game, does not augur well for the rest of the campaign. 

The squad is absolutely appalling, I’ve never seen a pack as immobile and passive. How the coach picks himself offering what he does I don’t know.

One chink of light was Brandon Wood starting at centre, only to be thrown back on the wing despite the other centre being nothing more than a turnstile. 

Has Jack Higginson been scared off by the shambles? 

Time he went. I worried at the beginning of the season about all the players he was bringing from Whitehaven, they didn't do anything in league 1, so what made him think they could all step up and do it in the Championship. Think I have wasted my money on a season ticket.

He plays himself far to often, he does not seem to have the ability to communicate with the team when he's on the pitch and when he is on the sideline he just stands there with his hands on his hips like an oversized teapot.

Do us all a favour, do the honourable thing, fall on your sword.

If he told me to F.Off, I would be banging on the clubs front door demanding an apology.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

I have to say, since we won promotion in 2015 yesterday's Hornets team was by a distance the worst side we have faced. We went off the boil second half when we could have racked up a big score which was disappointing.

I agree with the comments about Forster being on the field for too long, he was knackered and offered very little but in his defence you had injuries and have another game on Monday. Could it be that he decided the game was gone at 30-4 and he'd take the hit playing big minutes to preserve the legs of others?

Good luck for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, Colin James said:

I have to say, since we won promotion in 2015 yesterday's Hornets team was by a distance the worst side we have faced. We went off the boil second half when we could have racked up a big score which was disappointing.

I agree with the comments about Forster being on the field for too long, he was knackered and offered very little but in his defence you had injuries and have another game on Monday. Could it be that he decided the game was gone at 30-4 and he'd take the hit playing big minutes to preserve the legs of others?

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Naw, it was a must win game....against Sheffield we haven't got a cat in hells chance with this team and coach.

Did we have any duel Reg players on Friday?

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

I believe that Jack & Louis Johnson were on duty from Wire yesterday.  Interestingly, Abbots and another recent dr from Wolves have recently joined other Championship clubs for loan periods.  Perhaps their loan period will be shorter after the damage Salford inflicted on Wire!  We seem to need an injection of some new blood, experienced (championship level, at least) in key positions; from where and at what cost is another matter.

We always knew that this division was effectively two, given the disparity of full-time/part-time clubs, some with much more in resources than Hornets. We survived by luck last season.  If we are relegated this season, at least go down having given it a good shot.  Then,  it will be deja-vu all over again should New York and Ottawa be admitted to League1 when the RFL make the final decision next month.

Much more resources? You mean money? Because your training at Warrington using their facilities and Dual Reg with them, they are a top Super League club, a lot of clubs would be happy with that. I presume you mean budget. 

26 minutes ago, RLNew said:

Much more resources? You mean money? Because your training at Warrington using their facilities and Dual Reg with them, they are a top Super League club, a lot of clubs would be happy with that. I presume you mean budget. 

Pointless existing when you think about it

7 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Time he went. I worried at the beginning of the season about all the players he was bringing from Whitehaven, they didn't do anything in league 1, so what made him think they could all step up and do it in the Championship. Think I have wasted my money on a season ticket.

He plays himself far to often, he does not seem to have the ability to communicate with the team when he's on the pitch and when he is on the sideline he just stands there with his hands on his hips like an oversized teapot.

Do us all a favour, do the honourable thing, fall on your sword.

If he told me to F.Off, I would be banging on the clubs front door demanding an apology.

The alarm bells were ringing for me as far back as the Mayfield game. We showed nothing that day and we were very lucky to win. Our recruitment has been poor, we seemed at one point to be signing a team of hookers. As you say Whitehaven didn't set the world on fire last season so why recruit from there ?

We're looking at a banging on Monday from a team we beat comfortably away at the end of last season. A change needs to be made ASAP.

There’s not a lot of money in salary at this level particularly at Hornets and The like. To pull a good team together the the players have to know and want to play for the coach and other players. 

That for me would have been the major factor in any coach appointment  surely? 

I hoped being naive to Forsters appeal, that he had the contacts and respect within the game, looking at the squad I’m not sure at this level he does. What was the decision to appoint him based on?

Would the club be able to afford to pay out any contract he has anyway? And in any case where would we get players from at this stage? 

1 hour ago, Heywood Tiger said:

There’s not a lot of money in salary at this level particularly at Hornets and The like. To pull a good team together the the players have to know and want to play for the coach and other players. 

That for me would have been the major factor in any coach appointment  surely? 

I hoped being naive to Forsters appeal, that he had the contacts and respect within the game, looking at the squad I’m not sure at this level he does. What was the decision to appoint him based on?

Would the club be able to afford to pay out any contract he has anyway? And in any case where would we get players from at this stage? 

Contacts are a big thing I guess, your battling, with respect, Barrow, Swinton, Dewsbury, Batley etc to get a better squad together. Has the dual reg been used to benefit the club? Why are Warrington players going on loan elsewhere? 

I’m not 100% what the score is with dual reg don’t think anything’s guaranteed. One week 4 well recognised SL players can be at Spotland the next, 2 very fringe squad players like yesterday although they were 2 of our best yesterday, Louis Johnson being the only forward to really rip it into their line.

Again I think the money is less of a draw at this level and it’s more of a wanting to play the game for and with a good crowd. 

To be honest I think we are all in the same boat (Barrow, Rochdale, Swinton, Dewsbury and Batley) with small budgets and reliant on DR.

It was always going to be any two from the five for relegation.

I was surprised how big and slow Forster appeared yesterday.

Anyway lets hope we both stay up and avoid the drop for another season

Archived