22 Apr: The Betfred Championship Easter Monday Match Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Trojan said:

Whereas Wilkin was an absolute angel.  Toronto should have had a man red carded for an appalling high tackle. 

don't know if they showed it on tele but when chisolm made the break and o brian got binned a fev player was taken out off the ball so he couldn't back up 

3 hours ago, Tafkat said:

If he thinks BC is narrow what would he have made of the old HS pitch!

Been there many times. As 400m athletics tracks (obviously) are built to fixed dimensions, there's a minimum of 73 m between the insides of the two straights, ample room for a full-size RL pitch inside.  My guess is Bootham Crescent maybe had a full-sized football pitch until work was done on the stands in the 90s? There is no way the RL pitch is now the full 68 metres across.

20 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Just waiting for the Fax lads to come along and tell us that I am been harsh when I say we are not performing anywhere near where we probably should be.

The Club doesnt need people like you claiming to be fans. Just moan and negative with no thought of the situation.

No Halifax are not performing anywhere near to what they should. But then there are some reasons for that. A side missing the experience and quality of Murrell, Grix, Butler, Kaye, Johnston, Grady etc will struggle. Many of them players have not played this past month or so. That said Halifax have been awful at times. I think that is partly down to the Coaches and partly other things. 

Forcing players to play twice over Easter is wrong, especially when they are Part Time. I know players that have played Friday and Monday plus had to work Saturday. No real recovery time and any injury they may have picked up is often not being properly treated as there is no Training etc. So players play injured on the Monday. That for me is wrong. No Player Welfare side is considered and also many have sadly had little time with their family. Its something many fans fail to recognize the commitment put in by players who often are on less than the minimum wage. Then forcing a team to fly out Sunday to play in Toulouse is just something I think is a joke. Dewsbury last year did it and Halifax this year. The game really does need to look at this, as its just not on. We are living in 2019 and how the game treats the players at times is a disgrace.

18 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

The Club doesnt need people like you claiming to be fans. Just moan and negative with no thought of the situation.

The club doesnt need people like you claiming to be fans. Just blowing smoke up peoples asses with no thought to the bigger picture.

Ive always called it straight down the middle and some people are not going to like that. You can make all the excuses you want but professional players playing like they did in the first 20 minutes of a game like they did in Toulouse is unacceptable. This season has been shambolic, from the farcical pre-season, not selling sponsorship packages, to little things like Monday where there was no social media coverage of the game despite the person who does it been in France.

Its looking like 2 previous directors are having to come back in to the fold for the fear of the club going under added to that players that were signed to new contracts when it looked like they probably should have been eased out and Marshall's inability to man manage his most expensive squad that he assembled and the problems will come to a head very shortly.

From an outsider looking in they must be wondering why one of the best young coaches outside of SL is having his contract run down without no talk of a new contract and as I have said elsewhere, it really makes sense to cut ties earlier rather than later and give the new coach a chance to salvage something from this season and plan for the next. A heavy defeat against Sheffield and that might be the reality next week.
If it does all blow up I will refrain from telling you I told you so as I will be busy once again putting my money in to the club to try and help it stay afloat. The club doesnt need fans like me........

On 23/04/2019 at 03:04, Trojan said:

Whereas Wilkin was an absolute angel.  Toronto should have had a man red carded for an appalling high tackle. 

Which one just got a 1 game suspension?  Bussey.

10 hours ago, PatrickB said:

Which one just got a 1 game suspension?  Bussey.

What a surprise,  Fev player picks up ban for retaliating to thug. No change there then.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:51, The Blues Ox said:

The club doesnt need people like you claiming to be fans. Just blowing smoke up peoples asses with no thought to the bigger picture.

Ive always called it straight down the middle and some people are not going to like that. You can make all the excuses you want but professional players playing like they did in the first 20 minutes of a game like they did in Toulouse is unacceptable. This season has been shambolic, from the farcical pre-season, not selling sponsorship packages, to little things like Monday where there was no social media coverage of the game despite the person who does it been in France.

Its looking like 2 previous directors are having to come back in to the fold for the fear of the club going under added to that players that were signed to new contracts when it looked like they probably should have been eased out and Marshall's inability to man manage his most expensive squad that he assembled and the problems will come to a head very shortly.

From an outsider looking in they must be wondering why one of the best young coaches outside of SL is having his contract run down without no talk of a new contract and as I have said elsewhere, it really makes sense to cut ties earlier rather than later and give the new coach a chance to salvage something from this season and plan for the next. A heavy defeat against Sheffield and that might be the reality next week.
If it does all blow up I will refrain from telling you I told you so as I will be busy once again putting my money in to the club to try and help it stay afloat. The club doesnt need fans like me........

Rumoured that your wish has come true.......

Archived